Last persons to reply to this thread wins

Posts made here do not increment your post count.

Moderator: Big-Will

Niels0827

Re: Last Reply Thread - "People who go on 4chan need to get

Postby Niels0827 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:20 am

zzyzx 1 wrote:One saving grace: Even though every car MUST go through the California Smog Check program once every two years, or if you sell the car (the seller must have the car "smogged."), if the car is 1970 or older, the car is exempt from the smog check program forever :mrgreen:

I'm pretty sure the cutoff year for mandatory smog tests in California is 1975. Cars sold in the United States beginning model year 1976 were required by law to have catalytic converters, so 1975 and older cars are exempt from smog regulations. I've owned one car from 1963, one from 1970, three from 1971, one from 1972, five from 1973, one from 1974, one from 1977, and one from 1978. The only ones that had to be smogged were the '77 and '78.

As for registration rates, I only pay an average 60-something dollars a year to register my current three cars (1963, 1973, 1977). It's really not that expensive. The 1973 I almost never drive, so I can preserve its condition and low mileage, so I also never pay for much in the way of insurance on that car.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:26 am

mo303564 wrote:I have a better idea...why do we all go over to AIM or Windows Live?? :chaos:

Because IRC (Internet Chat Relay) is fast; up to 1,000 people can talk at the same time; and the CHAT ROOM is South Park related (but you can talk about anything you want there).

Also, people on lunix, unix, or Mac have trouble with Windows Live sometimes (I do), and with AIM. Microsoft software such as "Windows Live" really doesn't get along too well with Apple/Macintosh software :wink:

But IRC is great. I use an IRC client instead of the java link, and it works great in real time. Plus there are thousands of IRC sites to explore. On the week-ends, I am in a chat room of a podcast/radio show involving all things technology (computers, cell phones, home theater, etc), and over 1,000 people are in that IRC chat room all talking at the same time. Try that on AIM or Windows Live.

Aslo, on IRC, you just join the conversation. With AIM or Windows Live there is a buddy list, or friend list, or something, where all people have to "accept" in order to be allowed into the conversation. Not with IRC - just join the fun :D

The link in my sig goes to the South Park Chat, and everyone on this board is presumably interested in South Park.

Come to the CHAT, mo303564. You will have fun :D

@niels: You're right. I had a '70, and it was exempt. I had a '77, and it needed smog check. But '75 sounds right as being the cut-off year of the smog check program. Thanks for the correction/update :D
Last edited by zzyzx 1 on Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:32 am

I wish we all (well, the regulars anyway) could do a webcam chat every Wednesday during the show, and basically have an online watching party. I do see a few issues with this idea though...

A) I don't know how many people you can have going on a webcam chat at once,
B) Not all of us have cable,
3. The show is on 3 hours later on the left coast than everywhere else,
D) Not everyone can watch the first airing of the show when it's on.
E) I bet not everyone has a webcam
F5)Even if they do, some of the people I really wanna see in there seem fairly camera-shy.

I'd just like to see how different people would react to different jokes. That's all. :mrgreen:

Aw, y'know what? It'd be great if you could set the thing up in like super Brady Bunch mode. You've got like 15 windows set up across your screen, 3 up, 5 across. In the middle window you have the episode playing, and all the outside windows are for the people who have logged on for the watching party.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:35 am

BRMBug wrote:I wish we all (well, the regulars anyway) could do a webcam chat every Wednesday during the show, and basically have an online watching party. I do see a few issues with this idea though...

A) I don't know how many people you can have going on a webcam chat at once,
B) Not all of us have cable,
3. The show is on 3 hours later on the left coast than everywhere else,
D) Not everyone can watch the first airing of the show when it's on.
E) I bet not everyone has a webcam
F5)Even if they do, some of the people I really wanna see in there seem fairly camera-shy.

I'd just like to see how different people would react to different jokes. That's all. :mrgreen:

Aw, y'know what? It'd be great if you could set the thing up in like super Brady Bunch mode. You've got like 15 windows set up across your screen, 3 up, 5 across. In the middle window you have the episode playing, and all the outside windows are for the people who have logged on for the watching party.

No webcam here, and yeah, I'd probably feel a bit camera shy here. You noticed while I have some drawn-up pics for IDs on dA, there are no actual photos of myself.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:40 am

On all Macintosh computers, there are built-in "iSight" cameras. Also, there is a program that comes with all Macs called: iChat which is in fact video conferencing for free over the web. What Bug talked about is included with every Mac. If everyone here had a Mac, we're good to go now :D

However, as Bug also said, we here on the left coast don't get to see SP until 3 hours later; and even then, some of us do subscribe to the "East Coast Feed" and see the show at 7:00 pm Pacific. Time Zones. That's the real problem.

Good idea, Bug (to see people's reactions) to the SP jokes in real time :)
Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:00 am

This game is the best and I highly recommend it to anyone. I'm sure Angus remembers this one as I remember his fanart of it on dA a looong time ago--

http://www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/g3/bells.htm
Illegitimi non carborundum.
evilcupcake72

Postby evilcupcake72 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:33 pm

hai guiz
PopRocksAndSoda

Back off, snickerdick!
I wanna ride your Rapidash ;D
Jake, M'kay?

Postby Jake, M'kay? » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:14 pm

Hey guys, did you know that Burger King has a brand new breakfast menu?
"If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, my illegal logging business succeeds ."

"I have only two modes, at war with something, or having sex with it. There is no middle ground"
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:05 am

evilcupcake72 wrote:hai guiz

Hey sweets. :D

Jake, M'kay? wrote:Hey guys, did you know that Burger King has a brand new breakfast menu?

Yes. Yes I did. I still prefer Whataburger or Taco Cabana though.
Asphyxiated Insanity

Postby Asphyxiated Insanity » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:23 am

"You know it's gonna be a shit day when the Suicide Line puts you on hold..."
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:18 pm

Mother. Fucking. Win.
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:37 pm

Asphyxiated Insanity wrote:Image

I don't know why, but the funniest thing about this, to me, is the rhythmic way Butters' eyes go from looking at Snookie, then Cartman, back to Snookie, then Cartman, etc. etc. with his horrified expression.

:lol:

this rocks.
Asphyxiated Insanity

Postby Asphyxiated Insanity » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:05 am

From all the talks about the webcam chat idea from above.

Anyone heard of TinyChat?
"You know it's gonna be a shit day when the Suicide Line puts you on hold..."
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:53 am

Yes, but I've never used it.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:56 am

Blue Twilight wrote:This game is the best and I highly recommend it to anyone. I'm sure Angus remembers this one as I remember his fanart of it on dA a looong time ago--

http://www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/g3/bells.htm

Aw, you bet I remember it; I have it saved in my Favorites!

:hug:

Return to “Games”