S23E06: "Season Finale" postshow discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

S23E06: "Season Finale" postshow discussion

Postby Big-Will » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:19 am

This time I’m posting early. :) how was it?
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
kfgg

Re: S23E06: "Season Finale" postshow discussion

Postby kfgg » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:51 am

Mirrors how I have been feeling the last couple days. Lame. With that, we have 4 more to go.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:58 am

So, this episode was different then what people were thinking. Big-Will was right about the Trump comparison though.

Now the White family was used again, and I liked that. I feel bad that Jason died. I always thought he was Jewish and actually I like the look of the character design. I guess Jason is not coming back. Wonder what will happen with Alejandro and the toddler Latino? The characters may fade away for good. The White’s getting killed by police and no one paying any mind is like something I say!

It was funny but sad that Randy was facing a lot of jail time and his family was happy about it. Shelly kept dancing around and Sharon took down his photos. No Towelie though which was weird. I thought he would play a huge role in this episode.

Garrison has his first appearance of the season and it was a lot of the same we have seen of him. I personally don’t think any of this whistleblower business will hurt Trump’s presidency. It is just more of the Left and the like of CNN wasting all reporting hours to slander our president over things that lead to minor infractions and no prison or anything negative. I swear that Trump will not get impeached and so that means Democrats are just wasting everyone’s time. Still it was classic Trump jokes of play the victim advice to Randy.

Rudy Giuliani was okay. I liked seeing the character, but he was portrayed as a cat or something with false teeth. I guess classic minion henchmen was the take. I thought he was going to pull a pound of weed out his butt but no it was a joint. Liked Randy’s joke at the end of the weed being sh*tty and then going into classic salesperson pitch.

The White’s adopting Latinos to make up their loss of Jason was interesting. I wasn’t sure where that was going but I found the end to be amazingly funny. I had a small thought a real Mexican joker would do something or be blamed and that it could be the White’s child, but I didn’t see it happening the way it played out. Real nice with the sunscreen as I didn’t even think of the Joker until the bombs started to go off and I was like ohhhh yeahhhh Alejandro and then there he was as the Mexican Joker with white face paint. That was great. I was hoping a Peruvian child would be added to the show as I have some family from there and would have enjoyed future episodes of those characters but what went down was great.

I can’t believe that Randy was freed!!!! I didn’t before the airing think of a real Mexican Joker to show up. I am happy actually, but I thought a few episodes from prison may be cool. I feel rejuvenated for more Randy this season in a way or is it really the end of Tegrity Farms for now and Randy episodes too? We will have to see. I really like Randy and so it was a sweet moment when the bombs went off and he was freed.

I don’t know but some people don’t like the whole Randy as the main character every episode business and always about Tegrity Farms. I hope they decide to lay off for a while seeing how its now snowing and so the farm is not producing crops. I don’t mind the Tegrity Farms if the plot continues but I would like more of a variety from different characters.

I had joked about a Thanksgiving episode and they made a joke about a Thanksgiving Special weed but maybe we will really get one?

I liked the episode and will give her an 8/10.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
https://www.machiavelliannews.com/
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:05 am

They really tied things up like it was an actual season finale. They completely followed through on the Mexican Joker. He even gets away after being wounded to return at some future date, I'm sure. A quick shot of Kyle shouting "A-ha!" would've been spectacular. Everyone partying with Randy in jail is just what I've been craving after seeing the rest of the family deal with Randy's stupidity.

The detention center being treated as an animal shelter; both funny and sad at the same time. The Whites replacing their child like they would a lost pet was heavy but I couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity.

Plenty to say about President Shitbag and all that jazz. Rudy constantly trying to keep his teeth from falling out is spot on. He's quite the gargoyle. I'm sure we'll get a bunch of apologists for the deplorables coming through here this week. That might be fun.

I should have picked up on this last week, but each episode title being a strain of Tegridy weed is a good send-up of the nonsensical names they come up with for pot. Especially when it's pretty much all the same sh*t.

You read it! You can't unread it!
JVM

Postby JVM » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:06 am

I didn't like the episode. Boo hoo, no one cares. I'd analyze the episode but it's not relevant. I'm not the target audience and that's just how it is.
They completely followed through on the Mexican Joker. He even gets away after being wounded to return at some future date, I'm sure
There's plenty of perfectly alive characters that Trey has no interest in using, so don't take that as a sign of anything.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:34 am

Interesting how "Tegridy Farms" ended its season with the last bit of Tegridy Weed's growing season. Maybe "Tegridy Farms" will be back next year, maybe not.

Randy was on his way to using Trump's playbook, but decided to come clean, and the town exonerated him for it. And "Mexican Joker" got away. :cartmanlaugh:

Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:51 pm

Man, it feels good to be able to laugh as much as I did about a new SP episode again. Where to begin? It was so frikkin' awesome to see Sharon, Stan, and Shelley's reaction to Randy being arrested. I don't get to see certain visions in my head of the show actual play out in a real episode so that was great. Stan getting real excited about it: How long is a long time? If it were years I don't think he'd mind lol. Then the party the town throws for the Marshes and Sharon talking of how she took down all the pictures of Randy...because they reminded her of Randy. :lol:

Jason's death.... was unexpected. Sad but it's not as if he really did much in the show, he was just a background kid most of the time. I'm glad they brought back the White family again. I know Matt and Trey talked of how they wanted to do so a couple years ago. I can't help but laugh at the 'nobody cares what the Whites say/do' jokes. Then they go adopt a Mexican kid at the detainment center as if they were simply adopting a cat or dog! lol But oh no, they actually did create a Mexican Joker!

I didn't quite get the Trump/Garrison and his lawyer jokes. Again, I stay away from politics and news in general. But the lawyer was pretty funny so there's that. I laughed too when Randy gives his speech at his hearing, talking of how he has a loving wife and son. He completely forgets about Shelley! :lol: I am curious now whether or not Tegridy Farms will be coming back. They referred to it as if it were indeed ending yet the Marshes were still at the farm. I would think we'd see them move back to their old house if the 'season' was over. Randy seemed content that his crops were indeed dying and this was the last of the weed. Does this mean he really is over it, and will put his family first again? Highly curious. Also wonder if Trey's daughter provided the voice of the White's little girl??

Anyway, I really liked the episode. Laughed plenty. 8/10
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Milo Vonnegut

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:48 am

It's too bad that the Goo Man didn't come back to confront Randy. That would have made things more interesting.

Even though he's a parody character and there are laws regarding that kind of stuff, TnM could have easily kept using him so long as somebody at Viacom gave them permission. South Park and There Will Be Blood are both the copyright of Viacom (via Comedy Central and Paramount Vantage, respectively).
Wirxaw

Postby Wirxaw » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:44 pm

As far as on-topic goes, this episode is so poor that it's reminded me of their old classic Douche and Turd. Back in the day it didn't even feel like politics, because it was... supposed to be fun. Looking back on it now - we can see the PETA message, the cult of democracy propaganda(vote or die), the real satire about election, where the candidates weren't subjectified, but instead objectified. But now it's all about Trump, isn't it? I can't believe the americans are so insecure...
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:25 am

Posts like this is why moderators exist. :) Much of this deserves a thread of its own, so I split this post in two.
Wirxaw wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:44 pm
As far as on-topic goes, this episode is so poor that it's reminded me of their old classic Douche and Turd. Back in the day it didn't even feel like politics, because it was... supposed to be fun. Looking back on it now - we can see the PETA message, the cult of democracy propaganda(vote or die), the real satire about election, where the candidates weren't subjectified, but instead objectified. But now it's all about Trump, isn't it? I can't believe the americans are so insecure...
Trump is kind of hard to avoid, since he tweets. All. The. Time. He's taken over all politics here, and then he wonders why he gets such negative press. If it's all about Trump, it's because he's made it all about Trump. Obama didn't tweet nearly as much as Trump does.

The rest of your post is here.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”