S23E09: "Basic Cable" preshow discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

S23E09: "Basic Cable" preshow discussion

Postby Big-Will » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:33 am

Episode 2309 - Basic Cable

Scott Malkinson is desperate to impress the new girl in his class. Scott Malkinson’s future with her depends on him getting the latest and greatest streaming platform. Scott’s dad works for the local cable company and refuses to move beyond basic cable

Love Advice From Cartman
Scott turns to Cartman for advice about girls, but Cartman doesn’t believe in happily ever after.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
JamesPolo

Re: S23E09: "Basic Cable" preshow discussion

Postby JamesPolo » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:56 am

Sounds like Cartman doesn't understand the actual reason their are boys and girls. Its for babies. I don't know if Cartman learns this during this episode but I think we should see Cartman become a father. Sure life is not all about dating a girl and being together, sure it is about work and getting old but you are suppose to give of yourself to a child that is yours that you want to replace you. Cartman seems to be on the border of possibly learning this that a big part of life is procreation and raising a child. I look forward to seeing where this episode takes us.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
https://www.machiavelliannews.com/
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:10 am

thoughts...

the title is 'basic cable' and scott mentions the word 'baby' and Cartman mentions 'disney'. I think we will be hearing about Disney Plus and the Star Wars series The Mandalorian. I wonder what South Parks version of Baby Yoda will look like?
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:56 am

Yawn....

Stan withdrawal is setting in right now. :cry:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
inuyasha_demon

Postby inuyasha_demon » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:38 pm

JamesPolo wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:56 am
Sounds like Cartman doesn't understand the actual reason their are boys and girls. Its for babies. I don't know if Cartman learns this during this episode but I think we should see Cartman become a father. Sure life is not all about dating a girl and being together, sure it is about work and getting old but you are suppose to give of yourself to a child that is yours that you want to replace you. Cartman seems to be on the border of possibly learning this that a big part of life is procreation and raising a child. I look forward to seeing where this episode takes us.
He's not wrong about relationships being a lot of work. I agree with Cartman for a change in this episode. Also some of the realist stuff he's ever said so far this season aside from the impossible whopper episode.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:14 pm

Cartman generally has split personality disorders. If people are honest and take a good political and ideological test, the results will show that people of the Right have families that work and stay together where as people of the Left don't. There are plenty of people of the Right that are known as such but sleep around and I just think they are fakers because being a member of the Right means you value family and tradition.

Cartman contradicts himself all the time so you really can't give him a political view.

Relationships can work, there is always a dominant person in every relationship and so as long as that person is faithful, the relationship will last.

Its people that watch TV and buy into destroying tradition who are brainwashed into wanting vile dirty sex vice activity.

You could easily create a linear line in a graph to show that the more TV you watch the less money you have, the less educated you are, the more mentally ill you are, the less likely to date or have a family, and the more likely to suffer from criminality. The Left are puppets of the media which teaches to be a horrible person who make for terrible people to date or be in a relationship with and have children.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:31 am

Looks like we're going 'inside baseball' this week. Sometimes shows can't help but make episodes about making television. They're in that world all the time so you write what you know. South Park has done it before as have many of my favorite shows. If they can make it accessible, it can be really enjoyable. Dan Harmon did a superb job of this on Community.

I totally get the motivation for this episode. In the last 4 years, the only time I've watched new South Park episodes on cable has been when I'm traveling. Cable is expensive and most of the channels are nothing but reruns, shitty reality shows and movies you've seen 20+ times. Live sports is about the only thing that makes it worth considering. But you better be super into those sports. Casual fans shouldn't bother.

But the way things are going, Disney's going to own everything and we'll be back to where we were 20 years ago. Except now, the 'cable company' is Disney.

You read it! You can't unread it!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”