*913: Free Willzyx*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

airmancoop44

Postby airmancoop44 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:36 am

After my second viewing of "Free Willzyx", I like it better. At first I thought it was pretty crappy, but then I realized it was at least average. Started off slow, but certainly picked up. The composite sketches had be cracking up, as did Token with white face paint. Timmy whispering his name was funny for reasons I don't understand. I liked how all the class got involved, that was cool. The boys trying to find a low price for space travel and MASA were well done. And of course the shot of the whale dead on the moon was f*cking awesome. I'm sure there's more I liked, I'm just forgetting

Overall the ep was funny, and didn't have that "pound the issue" feel to it. It was more classic than the other Season 9 eps, which made it good. Only problem is that I have no idea what the point of the episode is. It seemed flat or something. If someone could explain, that would be great. 8.5/10 should be fit for this one. Save the whales mother f*cker.
boobie_tassels

Postby boobie_tassels » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:07 am

Oops...? Pardon if it's been pointed out elsewhere, but does Trey say Shamu on the riding on Kelly's nose line?

edit: Si, fly -- twas pointed out in the bloopers thread.
[url=http://treyparker.info:138e5][img:138e5]http://treyparker.info/images/button019.gif[/img:138e5][/url:138e5]
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:14 am

He comes damn close. Jambu is what I'm using.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Unhooded Kenny

Postby Unhooded Kenny » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:43 am

And about the sketches of the boys, they look like they're much older than 9 year olds. They appear to be like 14 year olds, and for some reason Kenny reminds me of the Unibomber.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:27 am

Unhooded Kenny wrote:And about the sketches of the boys, they look like they're much older than 9 year olds. They appear to be like 14 year olds, and for some reason Kenny reminds me of the Unibomber.

yeah
Stan and Kyle :)
farswept

Postby farswept » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:59 am

airmancoop44 wrote:Only problem is that I have no idea what the point of the episode is. It seemed flat or something. If someone could explain, that would be great. 8.5/10 should be fit for this one. Save the whales mother f*cker.

The point to this and every episode of South Park is: to make you laugh.

TAKE ME TO THE CHURCH OF THE A. L. F. . . .
TAKE ME TO THE CHURCH OF THE A. L. F. ! ! !
[Ancients of Jambu]
A.L.F. Is Gonna Rock You!
A-L-F uh-huh uh-huh
[beep boop, boop beep]
Damn, dude, China is f^cked-up!
I love you guys . . . (aw, screw you guys.)
Raven166

Keiko

Postby Raven166 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:13 am

Ok guys, here is where I think the idea came from. Ya ready? Ok, Willy was an actual whale named Keiko, the animal rights people did force the park to set him "free". They did that and took him to the ocean. He kept coming up to boats and doing tricks and begging for food. He finally died of pneumonia and lonliness. He was used to humans. I think that is why they sent him to the moon at the end of the episode, because in real life they might as well have.
I like Stan and Kyle, but they all rock.
goescrunch

Re: Keiko

Postby goescrunch » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:36 am

Raven166 wrote:I think that is why they sent him to the moon at the end of the episode, because in real life they might as well have.

But still, darnit... that poor cartoon whale! ;_; Poor Willzyx!

I just cursed them all at the end of this episode. I said, "Oh damn you, damn you. That was just wrong. Damn you." I mean, I still found it funny, but ... omg, that was mean. LoL. So terribly delightfully mean.
A Giant Douche

Postby A Giant Douche » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:48 am

I don't live in America, but the way the Mexican guy talks to Stan is exactly how the world treats americans. :lol:

My favorite parts were..
Kyle: "This may sound a little strange, but the whale at the Denver Sea Park is going to die, unless we get it to the moon.." Butters: "OKAY! Let's do it!!!"

Wladimir Putin: "Kiss my ass, George Bush! This is not funny!"

Cartman: "I feel pretty awesome right now."
Last edited by A Giant Douche on Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
I feel really safe, oh my GOD!
Uncle Alex

Postby Uncle Alex » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:01 am

Well, it's the second episode in the show (since the "Pinkeye") with Russians take part in :) The whole ep is good (almost as 904 and 908) so I enjoyed it, but... the line about Russia's slowly dying made me sad 'cause it's goddamn true! :( :( And thanks to M&T for not showing Russia stereotypically (except that bearded minister in a furry hat on :) ). By the way, some of those bastards (Putin, the Prime Minister and the Minister of Economics) look quite similar to the real ones (though Putin sounds more like Phil Collins in 'Timmy 2000' ep than himself :) )
The sketch is also hilarious, but why Stan and Kyle have squint and Kenny look like an Eskimo? Anybody ever seen a blond Eskimo? :)
Shtaad, boded but shtaad ©
sweetascandy05

Postby sweetascandy05 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:06 pm

Why they always put Mexico geee were not a joke to be make fun of :(
wottacod

one sexy return to form

Postby wottacod » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:46 pm

Man willzyx is one hell of an episode! I had thought south park had been going a little downhill for a bit(they were still good but did'nt have that genius edge as usual) but this new episode is soo funny i must have caused myself a hernia or something the ending made me laugh for ages and ages.
nice one matt n trey!
katrina is a pretty name
ccw

composite sketch

Postby ccw » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:11 pm

free willzyx was a pretty good "filler" episode in my opinion, which was definitely better the second time around. the two best parts of the episode were the composite sketch of the boys (esp cartman) with the line "the fat one looks a little bit like dakota fanning" and the head of MASA, "si...fly."
i've been trying to find a good copy of the composite sketch online but so far i've been unsuccessful. the only link i've found with the sketch on it is:
http://www.spscriptorium.com/
if anyone find's a clearer sketch, please let me know.

peace,
chris
Triple10X

Great Ep

Postby Triple10X » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:43 pm

I was a big fan of this episode for most of the reasons already said. I especially like the TV announcers and their puns - that happens all the time in real life and it drives me crazy.

I enjoy an episode that reminds me that the South Park kids are just that: kids. They don't have to get involved in politics or "adult issues" to have a funny episode.

What was Tweek's line? I missed it the first time around.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:56 pm

"Oh, Jesus, now what are we gonna do?!"
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”