*914: Bloody Mary*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

lisa8476

Postby lisa8476 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:14 pm

i'm not catholic so i wasn't offended by any of it. actually i about died when they did that sort of bugs bunny tease with the pope at the end...that was so funny...also it was nice to see visitors make an appearance!
lisa g. ;)
"come on, baby, in our dreams, we can live our misbehavior" -the arcade fire
juggaloblaine

Postby juggaloblaine » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:12 pm

Where was Kenny anyway?

He was in his seat in the classroom scene but thats it

Good episode 8/10

:unhoodedkenny:
.....What......
The_Paper_Boy

Postby The_Paper_Boy » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:48 pm

lisa8476 wrote:i'm not catholic so i wasn't offended by any of it. actually i about died when they did that sort of bugs bunny tease with the pope at the end...that was so funny...also it was nice to see visitors make an appearance!

Tell me, why the f*ck would catholic people would be offended by that? I never found one thing that would offend me in that...
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:12 pm

I'm a Christian and I wasn't offended by the episode at all. South Park isn't intended for people who are easily offended; it's for people with a sense of humor. They make fun of everyone and everything, so Catholics need not feel special. Besides, it's not like this is the first religiously offensive episode or even the most religiously offensive episode. If I don't like something, I ignore it. Unfortunately, there are those who don't share my philosophy and feel they have to censor everything that they don't agree with. That's called fascism. In America, we have something called freedom of speech. Get used to it.
kyle_vs_cartman

Postby kyle_vs_cartman » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:14 pm

eh people that are chatolic and are offended by satire should really try to stop and think that maybe by this they are offending other people,matt is jewish,and some people(for example cartman :lol: )tend to be very discriminating with people that have other religions,can't they be offended too?also that is an oppinion put in satire,if any priest believed that is you amke fun of god and sh*t will get you into hell,than that is matt and trey's prob,not theirs....
"Open doors so I walk inside/close my eyes,find my place to hide/and the shake as I take it/let the show begin /open my eyes/just to hold them closed once again"
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:17 pm

/artemio/ wrote: FOUR BOYS+MESSAGE= our love to South Park.

That's weird, my equation goes: getting high as sh*t + laughing my balls to climax = my love for South Park

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
The_Paper_Boy

Postby The_Paper_Boy » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:18 pm

Off Topic: I have a right to speak aswell you know. And in America use have people called big-headed cunts.

On Topic: Although it was about catholics I didn't seem to laugh as much as I did in other episodes. It made me smile and like before.

Overall: 7/10
Naivok

Postby Naivok » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:38 pm

iceiwynd wrote:Wow. According to Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Mar ... th_Park%29

This episode was aired on December 7, which is the eve of the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. The Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights condemned this episode for its treatment of the Virgin Mary. They demanded an apology to Roman Catholics and that the episode "be permanently retired and not be made available on DVD." In particular they also demanded that Joseph A. Califano, Jr., a member of Viacom's board of directors and a practicing Catholic, issue his own statement of condemnation.

Did anybody else know about this? That's really pathetic.

WHAT bullsh*t IS THIS?!?!?!?! f*ck that they can suck my fat sac. If I don't get this episode on DVD when Season 9 comes out I'm blowing up the Vatican church :evil:
Darth Chef: Hello there children, how would you like to suck on my chocolate salty balls.

SAC Leader: You mean like a chocolate candy?

Darth Chef: No, I mean my balls!!
lisa8476

Postby lisa8476 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:43 pm

The_Paper_Boy wrote:
lisa8476 wrote:i'm not catholic so i wasn't offended by any of it. actually i about died when they did that sort of bugs bunny tease with the pope at the end...that was so funny...also it was nice to see visitors make an appearance!

Tell me, why the f*ck would catholic people would be offended by that? I never found one thing that would offend me in that...
who would... der-ta-der! yeah i cant imagine anyone getting upset over the image of the mother of CHRIST squirting her *period* out her back side and onto the pope's face. but no you're right though- who'd be offended by that? :roll:
lisa g. ;)
"come on, baby, in our dreams, we can live our misbehavior" -the arcade fire
Naivok

Postby Naivok » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:46 pm

lisa8476 wrote:
The_Paper_Boy wrote:

who would... der-ta-der! yeah i cant imagine anyone getting upset over the image of the mother of CHRIST squirting her *period* out her back side and onto the pope's face. but no you're right though- who'd be offended by that? :roll:

IT'S A f*cking CARTOON!!!!!!!!!!!
(no hostility towards you lisa8476 just to people who were offended)
Darth Chef: Hello there children, how would you like to suck on my chocolate salty balls.

SAC Leader: You mean like a chocolate candy?

Darth Chef: No, I mean my balls!!
Cartman_91

Postby Cartman_91 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:47 pm

I don't know if I like this episode or not. Since it was season finale . It was funny I guess. The end reminded me of War of The Worlds when Stan was on Randy's back. I think it was alriht. Not the best not the worst of the season. Free Willzyx was better my opinion.
msebold

Postby msebold » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:56 pm

I also believe that South Park could have made the same valid point in a less offensive manner. It's perfectly valid to criticize religious thought that turns believers into methadone dependents. Making that point, even with humor, does not require a scene where Mary shoots "blood out of her ass."
BrantW

Postby BrantW » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:16 pm

If you are OFFENEDED by ANYTHING that South Park EVER puts out, that just means that YOU have a VAGINA yourself. What do you think one of the whole points of the show is? To offend Pussy's like YOU!!! So stop being so conservative and suck it up, you Republican loving Bush Praising piece of crap.
pousti

Postby pousti » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:23 pm

Useless episode fact!!

Did you guys see the alien in this episode? He was spying on Randy and Stan.
You can see the alien to the right on randy when he was in his car about to drive drunk to see the bloody virgin mary. One second the alien is there then he's gone!
Killahertz9

Postby Killahertz9 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:45 pm

iceiwynd wrote:Wow. According to Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Mar ... th_Park%29

This episode was aired on December 7, which is the eve of the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. The Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights condemned this episode for its treatment of the Virgin Mary. They demanded an apology to Roman Catholics and that the episode "be permanently retired and not be made available on DVD." In particular they also demanded that Joseph A. Califano, Jr., a member of Viacom's board of directors and a practicing Catholic, issue his own statement of condemnation.

Did anybody else know about this? That's really pathetic.

That's awesome, and I would have thought Scientologist would be making an even bigger stink about their episode.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”