*914: Bloody Mary*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:40 am

What kind of statement is that to have the Virgin Mary shooting blood on the new pope?

Kind of an 'aww' moment at the end there. Not the best episode of the season, but it was alright. Randy's sobriety test was funny, but at the same time, realistic. Once again, M&T inject a little common sense into an issue.

You read it! You can't unread it!
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:40 am

Great episode:

A lot of it reminds me of stuff that went on/is going on in my life currently:

1. Karate. Reminds me of the ISS (In School Suspention) guy at my middle school. The room was filled with martial arts posters, etc and he would always kick people's chairs and throw books if they talked. Real funny moments.

2. Alcoholism, Alcoholism being a diesese, AA meetings: My mom is an alcoholic. Just within the past week she insisted to me that it was a diesese and I said its not. Last Friday (or around there) she asked me to help her find out what time the AA meetings are. I did, and the majority of them are at churches including the Catholic church we go to down the street. Also, a family friend got stopped for drunk driving, refused to take the sobriety test and is going to jail. He paid my sister to testify in court for him.

Other things to point out:

Did we go on time travel? Stan is 8 again
Stan mentioning he was the leader of a cult (Trapped In The Closet)
Last edited by kfgg on Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stan and Kyle :)
JesusComplex

Postby JesusComplex » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:41 am

An alcoholic Randy...you can't go wrong.

That show was pretty random though. I still liked it though. The whole bleeding mary thing kind of annoyed me but it added to the plot so I can't complain much.
JesusComplex is a girl *rawr*
wesdaweasel

Postby wesdaweasel » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:47 am

worst episode ever...i'm sorry, i am a HUGE Southpark fan. But this episode was not funny whatsoever. the only time i laughed was when i saw a commercial on comedy central with stan's dad is talking to the cop...and that was a 1-liner. iono this episode definitely didnt do it for me, especially following the one last week... MASA made me laugh for a few minutes ..."si, fly"
AkewsticRockR

Postby AkewsticRockR » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:55 am

[quote="wesdaweasel":78e09]worst episode ever...i'm sorry, i am a HUGE Southpark fan. But this episode was not funny whatsoever. the only time i laughed was when i saw a commercial on comedy central with stan's dad is talking to the cop...and that was a 1-liner. iono this episode definitely didnt do it for me, especially following the one last week... MASA made me laugh for a few minutes ..."si, fly"[/quote:78e09]

Quoted for truth

This was seriously the worst episode in the show's history. Matt and Trey seem to have a penchant for making fun of controversial things and turning it into something funny, but tonight's episode was just offensive. It wasn't offensive to ME. I just can't help but think how upset it would make catholics. I didn't laugh. I didn't smile. I just went "God this is stupid"

A horrible way to end a mediocre season, M&T. It's become clear to me after this episode that it is DEFINITELY time to throw in the towel. Seriously. Don't keep making shows when you don't have any more funny ideas. You don't want to end up like the simpsons. And PLEASE stop trying to milk the same joke over and over again. The bleeding from the ass thing was ALMOST funny the first time. Then you drove it into the ground. Just like you did on "Trapped in the closet".

Seriously. Please don't do another season. You're just not funny anymore.
Last edited by AkewsticRockR on Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
eric pedigo

Postby eric pedigo » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:01 am

This was a good episode. I liked the ending, if you were actually offended by anything in this episode. I feel sorry for you because you have no sense of humor.
cheeziegirl

Postby cheeziegirl » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:08 am

AkewsticRockR wrote:
wesdaweasel wrote:worst episode ever...i'm sorry, i am a HUGE Southpark fan. But this episode was not funny whatsoever. the only time i laughed was when i saw a commercial on comedy central with stan's dad is talking to the cop...and that was a 1-liner. iono this episode definitely didnt do it for me, especially following the one last week... MASA made me laugh for a few minutes ..."si, fly"

Quoted for truth

This was seriously the worst episode in the show's history. Matt and Trey seem to have a penchant for making fun of controversial things and turning it into something funny, but tonight's episode was just offensive. I didn't laugh. I didn't smile. I just went "God this is stupid"

A horrible way to end a mediocre season, M&T. It's become clear to me after this episode that it is DEFINITELY time to throw in the towel. Seriously. Don't keep making shows when you don't have any more funny ideas. You don't want to end up like the simpsons.

Seriously. Please don't do another season. You're just not funny anymore.

wow, that was way harsh.
AkewsticRockR

Postby AkewsticRockR » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:09 am

I edited it. Go back and read it.
ilovestanlymarsh

Postby ilovestanlymarsh » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:11 am

^ ok dont be a jackass, it wasnt that bad!

This episode hit me in the heart, because i know EXACTLY how stan feels..it even made me cry.

It had some funny parts, but it basicly smacks you in the face and is like, here are the fact dipshits. I thought it was pretty good!
Kenny_the_Plumber

Postby Kenny_the_Plumber » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:23 am

damn i still gotta wait another 2 hours before it airs here. but im getting tired, and you guys are makin me feal like its not worth the wait.
[url=hhttp://gammaworks.sytes.net/sigs/ktp_sig2.jpg[/img]hhttp://gammaworks.sytes.net/sigs/ktp_sig2.jpg[/img[/url]
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:26 am

ilovestanlymarsh wrote:This episode hit me in the heart, because i know EXACTLY how stan feels..it even made me cry.
!

I was about to cry myself. But I was more in shock because everything that was going on (AA meetings, alcoholic parent, etc) was going on in my life at the very same time. My mom just attempted to go to an AA meeting at the get this: Catholic church that we go to just this past Sunday.
Stan and Kyle :)
AkewsticRockR

Postby AkewsticRockR » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:26 am

Kenny_the_Plumber wrote:damn i still gotta wait another 2 hours before it airs here. but I'm getting tired, and you guys are makin me feal like its not worth the wait.

I've been a fan of the show since season one. I have all the eps on DVD. But that doesn't mean that I'm gonna suck matt and trey's repspective d*cks when they put out an entirely mediocre season and a horrendous season finale.

I thought last season's grinch parody was genius. I guess I wouldn't be AS pissed if I didn't know this was the last episode of the season.
aucaleb2

Postby aucaleb2 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:31 am

if you dont like south park anymore. dont watch it. i love it. i laughed at todays episode and i laughed at all the episodes this season. what do you want? a homosexual show where you have all these little stupid cutsey remarks that people laugh at the whole time like FRIENDS? shut up. dont watch it if you dont like it anymore. i got my few laughs and thats all that i ask for in the show. so seriously. no one cares if you watch it or not kid. ill continue watching it because its the best thing on tv.
bigtd914

a strange statement

Postby bigtd914 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:36 am

I love south park...and i love the way south park makes statements about rediculous things going on in the world. However, i do not believe alcoholism is one of those items. from what i could tell, matt and trey made the statement that alcoholism isnt a disease and evryone who claims to have it, is just wrong. i don't think its as black and white as all that. i believe there are alcohlics out their who can't drink in moderation or else they lose control. so...they choose not to drink. i know this because of my aunt my uncle my mother and my grandfather (all alcohlics...all at different points in their lives.) my aunt chooses not to drink, but she never went to AA meetings and she doesn't rub it in peoples faces. from what i have seen, alcoholism runs in my family. i cant explain it, but it must be genetic. not nessesarily a "disease" but something that makes people go out of control when they drink.

Now, i dont know much about AA. But if it truelly is a religous thing a "cult" as stan put it, then i believe they should find some way of including people from all faiths. even so...AA has been extremely effective for some people, and i believe it does a lot of good. now maybe it does convince people that they have deseases when they dont (the whole point of this episode) but i have a feeling that it is a small minority.

I truelly believe this episode was a stretch at trying to poke fun at something that most people believe does good in the world. Alcoholism is something that exists and saying "just don't drink" kinda doesn't work.

I know south park tries to make fun of religoin and religious fanatisism, but come on Matt and Trey...its alcoholics and AA...not scientology!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:44 am

Seems Matt and Trey were looking at things from the secular side, which now preaches that anything with God involved in it is automatically religious and cultish. Sad, really, but funny :lol:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”