*914: Bloody Mary*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

kfgg

Re: a strange statement

Postby kfgg » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:46 am

http://www.area75.org/

They did pretty good with the 12 steps thing.

The Twelve Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous
We admitted we were powerless over alcohol - that our lives had become unmanageable.
Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and power to carry that out.
Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Last edited by kfgg on Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stan and Kyle :)
sukmibls

Wow

Postby sukmibls » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:46 am

I have been a fan since day one, and this is the first one i could not watch all the way through, i was rasied Catholic and I just couldn't watch, although i have certaintly laugh when they mad fun of Mormons and the like. I am off to shower off the shame,
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:53 am

The stuff about AA and alcoholism not being a disease is statement about how dumb it is to make first time offenders take all kinds of alcohol classes, treating them the same as real alcoholics. There's nothing wrong with you if you get drunk every once in a while. Just don't be stupid. I like getting drunk occasionally, but I've never even considered driving under the influence.
I've talked to people who were busted for drinking under 21. And they have to jump through hoops like they're full blown alcoholics.

You read it! You can't unread it!
aucaleb2

Postby aucaleb2 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:59 am

i am a christian too and quite often christians are talked about in south park. i mean even in "christian rock hard" ...i laughed..i couldnt help it..its all in good humor. i mean cmon the show has made fun of a lot of crap....other people..you laughed when they made fun of blacks or mormans or rednecks..catholics.. just take your lashing like everyone else and laugh it off.
sukmibls

Yep

Postby sukmibls » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:03 am

So since i didn;t watch it, what happened did they say the the statue was having its time or what?
aucaleb2

Postby aucaleb2 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:11 am

the pope said the blood was coming from the vagina, and blood coming out the vagina is not a miracle. i dont know it was somethign weird like that ahaha. im watching the episode again right now. the beginnign was really good to me. "GET OFF MY ASS DICKHOLE!" lol.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:21 am

aucaleb2 wrote:the pope said the blood was coming from the vagina, and blood coming out the vagina is not a miracle. i dont know it was somethign weird like that ahaha.

Correct. But then, this is a statue, not a live woman. :lol:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
pibrahim

Postby pibrahim » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:23 am

I've never seen Drawn Together before but I waited five minutes after SP before I got up to switch the TV off - I laughed more in those first five minutes than I did in the preceding twenty (e.g. a great line about Martin Luther King in Drawn Together).

I'm sick of every other SP episode involving a cult/something along those lines. I'm also bored of having to endure a laboured and very obvious 'point' being made, whether its Katrina, alcholism, Scientology, etc. I'm sure SP didn't always used to be so overtly 'point-based', but it's happened more and more over recent seasons (e.g. the Wal-Mart episode). My favourite episodes are those where there's no real point - or at least, if there is, my inability to observe it doesn't detract from enjoyment of the episode - Christian Rock Hard, Cartman joins NAMBLA, etc.

If I want a satire on current media issues, I'll read The Onion which does it better. That's more of a general criticism of this season as a whole - as for tonight's episode, well... I just didn't find it particularly funny.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:40 am

Well, I liked it.

General statement to people here: All of you guys bitching about the facts being wrong or whatever, just remember, South Park is COMEDY FIRST. If you believe everything they've told you straight up, then, well, that's sad.

Although I do respect your guys' opinion on the episode, but I also think you're being a tad harsh. And I'm seeing first time posters coming here... and just... what? You hate a new episode so you come join the official SP BBS to state that in your very first posts? I don't really understand that but whatever.

Anyway, comparing 914 to 912, 914 is winnar. And since this episode didn't make me as fangirly as Free Willzyx did, I'm not going to state the entire episode over.

- The ending scene, when Randy carried Stan off on his shoulders, just their conversation prior and the fading off... it was definitely adorable and heartwarming. I think that was a great way to close the season in general. (And, "I've had a good teacher." "Thanks son." "No, my karate teacher. He's really smart." Typical little kid-ish-ness. Cute.)
- Disciprine. (And Ike! Ike was taking karate! ... Where was Kenny?)
- Randy did the whole, "STAN? STAAAHN?" thing again, and I love it when he does that so very, very much. Plus any scene with drunk Randy is a good one.
- The cardinal getting squirted with a ton of blood, and then going, "IT'S A MIRACLE!" (TV reporter saying, "The statue of the virgin Mary has started to bleed... out its ass," was great, too. That pause was wonderful.)
- The pope's quote, of course.

Oh, yes - I also liked Garrison's role with Randy looking down at the ground the whole time (aww!) and the whole line-cutting bit.

So overall, I liked this episode. It was the same as 909 and 911 for me: average expectations, expectations met. I became a South Park fan in between both halves of season nine, and I adored both halves. It's a long way to March but this batch will keep me satifisted until then. ^__^
Last edited by iceiwynd on Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
JerichoRose

Postby JerichoRose » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:50 am

As a big fan of South Park, I don't mind saying I found this episode entirely unfunny. It just seemed like Matt and Trey were trying way too hard to be controversial this week. Throwing things out there just to see what stuck, and nothing really did.

The Virgin statue bleeding out the ass? It wasn't that great when it started bleeding, and wasn't very hilarious when it actually started spraying in peoples faces.

The Japanese mispronounciation of "discipline"? It all seemed kind of thrown in there, just tacked on.

I also think Matt and Trey have a really out there vision of alcoholism. What they stated wasn't really intended for a public forum. Some things aren't fodder for satire.

I think the fact that the episode wasn't even a little funny, shows what things you have to just stay away from.

Such a dissappointing season finale.

*oh, and yeah, I did join just now to post this, but I just found the site a few days ago. I've been lurking around, trying to get the feel of the place.
Kenny_the_Plumber

Re: a strange statement

Postby Kenny_the_Plumber » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:00 am

kfgg wrote:http://www.area75.org/

They did pretty good with the 12 steps thing.

The Twelve Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous
We admitted we were powerless over alcohol - that our lives had become unmanageable.
Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and power to carry that out.
Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

wtf? you mean those 12 steps are actually being followed by alchoholics today?? :shock:
weird....
[url=hhttp://gammaworks.sytes.net/sigs/ktp_sig2.jpg[/img]hhttp://gammaworks.sytes.net/sigs/ktp_sig2.jpg[/img[/url]
.Stoch

Postby .Stoch » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:18 am

You all bitch a lot.

If you wanna sit and laugh at stupid humor for 22 mins go watch Family Guy, go watch Drawn Together or Who's the Boss.

Every episode of south park is new and fresh and different then the last. We see the groth of characters and we learn things about human nature, and go "haha yeah, thats so true". You see, we have different Characters for different reasons.

Stan is the one that we learn morals from, morals about life and about our selfs. About love mostly. And he can pick the bullsh*t out. IE david blame, mormons, $ci-tology.

Kyle is the one you goto when you wanna look at sweet irony in life, when you need a childs wide-eyed innocence, there is kyle. He never does anything wrong and is always there as a friend. Like when Stan says he is depressed, the look on his face, and acts so concerned. And he is the one who shows the part in us that is confused and just wants to fit in. Like in Chimpokomon.

Cartman is there to.. well, cartman is just funny. He is completely insensitive, but he reminds us all, if you can't laugh at your self, if you act all pc all the time, life sucks. Yeah, guess what, you all laughed at the thought of an 10 year old trying to kill the jews. yeah you all laughed at his greed lke in best friends forever, and think of our insecurities as a person. He is always out to get someone because he is so unhappy, because he feels like his only way of fitting in is to be mean. And yes, when he cried bc kenny was dying, those were tears of sadness, only later did he think of .. making a Shaky's.

Kenny is a prop. Kenny is used and ignored, and is a spectator, but we all cheer for him, he is the underdog. He is the ignored kid who just tags along and is an outcast. Not an outcast you say?

"HAHAHAHA we are gunna make a new show and you can't be in it coz poor people don't watch the nnnewwws!" And no one stood up for him.

Together these 4 kids make 1 real person. Add all of their personalities together, and they equal every one of us. And thats why they are best friends, they complete eachother. And yes I know this is a cartoon show.. but come on, you know im right. Why do you think people can tell you their favorite Character? Because all of us can relate to one, in some way or another. Even their parents could be like ours. Think about each boys parents, im sure you know someone just like them.

Each episode doesn't need to be the funniest thing ever. f*ck that, if South Park is the only way you can laugh, if thats the only way for you to smile, then Im sorry but un-funny episodes isn't your problem. Sometimes, Matt and Trey wanna talk about other things then fart jokes and Towles who smoke weed. If you don't like it, stop watching it.

Every family guy episode - fart joke, racist remark, random celeberty jab, someone gets drunk, someone gets physically harmed and a sexual referance. That show is designed to make you laugh at things that make you go "omg did they just say that?" PEOPLE that is shock humor. They have a 5 second 'something' happen so you go, wow this show is so edgy and funny! Well guess what, south park will make an entire episode about it, make you laugh and teach you something, and make someone feel stupid (church of later day saints, FEMA, tom crusie, sci-tology, NAMBLA! haha).

Basicly, if you don't like south park, you were brain washed as a child to like simple pleasures, like a purple dinosaur that sings. Something to take up 30 mins of your life. While us South Park loves watched.. reading rainbow? I dont know. lol. You get my point.

If you read all of this, thank you.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:37 am

What can I say other than...

Amen, .Stotch...amen!
Triple10X

Postby Triple10X » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:42 am

I guess it was alright. I'm Catholic, and didn't really find that whole bleeding out the ass thing all that funny. But not because I was offended, I'm just sick of the same joke repeating over and over in South Park.

Why no Christmas episode????? :(

Randy was definitely the highlight. I will say that there is credible evidence that suggests alcoholism is a disease in some people based on genetic structure.

In the end, I usually agree with whatever the boys learned in the episode, but the fact that I didn't wholeheartedly agree with SP at the end of the episode probably hurt my grade for it.

6/10

Why no Christmas episode????? :(
jjmac12345

Postby jjmac12345 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:56 am

Pretty average episode, which is kinda dissappointing for a season finale. It had a few laughs, Randy getting pulled over, Cartmans one line, uh...uh. They did make a few great episodes this season, so I won't naysay too much.

They need to focus more on making the show funny, than trying to offend people.

7/10 for episode and season.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”