*1001: The Return of Chef*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Kenny Da King

Postby Kenny Da King » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:47 pm

This one is gonna kick scientologist anus! 8)
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:15 pm

Well I'm still gonna miss Chef. The show won't quite be the same. I'm not as pumped for season 10 as I was a week ago.

I guess I don't really care what they do with Chef in the South Park universe, so long as it's a good episode. That's how I will judge this episode tomorrow, not how much they "stick it to Issac".

And this nonsense about Hayes having a stroke is just a stupid rumor. I base this assertion on absolutely nothing...
Nothing but common sense.

You read it! You can't unread it!
dslats715

Postby dslats715 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:00 am

pro-south park.

i think stephen colbert needs to hand trey and matt his stephen's brass balls award.
mtdman

Postby mtdman » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:06 am

triplemultiplex wrote:Well I'm still gonna miss Chef. The show won't quite be the same. I'm not as pumped for season 10 as I was a week ago.

I guess I don't really care what they do with Chef in the South Park universe, so long as it's a good episode. That's how I will judge this episode tomorrow, not how much they "stick it to Issac".

And this nonsense about Hayes having a stroke is just a stupid rumor. I base this assertion on absolutely nothing...
Nothing but common sense.

No, he had a stroke last fall. This whole thing could be a cover up to explain him leaving the show. Or just a stunt for ratings.

Also, I'm sure Matt and Trey could keep chef around in some capacity just by cutting and pasting old voice clips from the past 9 years of episodes.
Locked Threads Suck
JDG128

Postby JDG128 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:08 am

As if it weren't already obviously from the preview clip, this article from mtv.com confirms the episode will pull all of Chef's dialogue from old episodes.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/152675 ... lines=true

Considering Viacom owns MTV & CC, I'd say it's reliable.
airmancoop44

Postby airmancoop44 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:39 am

TruthAddict wrote:I'd like to see Chef slowly deteriorate, repeating old advice and catch phrases at inopportune moments and for no reason at all. I'm sure that Matt and Trey have the rights to use old sound clips of chef. Oh. If his eye were to slowly start to jiggle when he spoke and increasingly jiggle more and more over the season, that would be funny.

That's what a friend said. That would be pretty funny.

Yes, it's obvious that those clips are actually Isaac.
Cartman_91

Postby Cartman_91 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:38 am

I'l have to wait to Thursday to watch this episode because I have to download it because I live in Canada. I would love it if Matt and Trey took old Voice Clips From Chef. I bet this could be a flashback episdoe for the leaving of Chef
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:02 am

^ You have to wait until Thursday? Why? I live in Canada, too, and I'll have it downloaded and viewed on Wednesday.
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:07 am

I'm betting that they'll make the cut clips of Chef's voice really obvious. It'll be like he's dubbed for the entire episode. As to where they'll go with him, I have no idea.
LindaKim1

Postby LindaKim1 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:10 am

Stone and Parker are refusing to let the whole thing go, issuing a statement to Daily Variety that pokes fun not only at Hayes and Cruise, but Scientology as a whole.

"So, Scientology, you may have won this battle, but the million-year war for Earth has just begun!" the statement read. "Temporarily anozinizing our episode will not stop us from keeping Thetans forever trapped in your pitiful man-bodies. Curses and drat! You have obstructed us for now, but your feeble bid to save humanity will fail! Hail Xenu!!!"

Beautiful. Simply beautiful.
The guys are frickin' geniuses.
"I already brung it, bitch.
I brung it,
opened it,
and set it on the table, bitch."
Cartman
Killahertz9

Postby Killahertz9 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:41 pm

I'm sure this episode will blow the doors open for an exciting new season.

Here's some audio of Isaac Hayes on the Opie and Anthony show, commenting on the Scientology episode after it debuted. In the audio, he states that he doesn't have a problem with the episode. :roll:
Link
J0hnsonUk

Postby J0hnsonUk » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:52 pm

isaac hayes quit in it so his voice has changed :PP
Straight Trade, Freddy Adu for Kiera Knightly :P
spiritualsuicide

Postby spiritualsuicide » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:53 pm

Killahertz9 wrote:Here's some audio of Isaac Hayes on the Opie and Anthony show, commenting on the Scientology episode after it debuted. In the audio, he states that he doesn't have a problem with the episode. :roll:
Link

looks like the thetons took over his mind sometime in early january. hail xenu.
Merry f*cking Christmas!
Van_Hellsing

Postby Van_Hellsing » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:29 pm

Killahertz9 wrote:I'm sure this episode will blow the doors open for an exciting new season.

Here's some audio of Isaac Hayes on the Opie and Anthony show, commenting on the Scientology episode after it debuted. In the audio, he states that he doesn't have a problem with the episode. :roll:
[you]Link[/you]

I thought I had it figured out, oh well.

I'd probably like guy the even less if he said that then seriously changed his stance on the whole situation.

But i'm so tired of this goddamn argument now that I just wanna see the new episode then forget about it either way, I watch South Park for M&T's excellent comedic value not Hayes.

Wow, what a gr gr great audience.
thejew36

Postby thejew36 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:57 pm

J0hnsonUk wrote:isaac hayes quit in it so his voice has changed :PP

if you mean he quit the show which means his voice is changed, no ur wrong, there taking things he's saif before and making him say stuff and still sound like chef, if ur not talken bout that then i have no idea what ur talken bout

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”