*1001: The Return of Chef*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:34 am

I seriously thought Isaac was returning. That's what it said all over the news, that Isaac's departure was a hoax. They didn't have to kill off Chef to do it!

Why do M&T have to shamelessly kill or alter good characters like that? First they killed off Kenny, and then they changed Mr. Garrison, and now Chef? Who's next on the list of characters to kill off literally or figuratively... Kyle? Butters? Tweek? Judging by the way SP is going, I have a feeling that by the time the series ends, it's going to be 30 minutes of Fat Boy. Oh wait... it already is! :cartmansopissedrightnow:

What are they going to do when and if Isaac returns? Why couldn't they have just replaced him as a better way of saying "We don't need you?" I'm going to go cry again.
Megaspit

Postby Megaspit » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:37 am

South Park has MILLIONS of fans. How hard would it have been to find a person who could impersonate Isaac Hayes voice?
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:37 am

Uhmm.... the phrase "What the f*ck" springs to mind. Pretty much what I expected, they used obviously pasted clips to make some subtle gags. They killed him off in a way I don't think they'd treat Rob Reiner, than took another swipe at Scientology. The first half or so was good though, if at least for the messed up factor.
Muldoon13

Postby Muldoon13 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:40 am

Megaspit wrote:South Park has MILLIONS of fans. How hard would it have been to find a person who could impersonate Isaac Hayes voice?

Whoa!
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa!

You can't possibly be serious. That would have been a complete cop out. I give Matt & Trey far more credit than that.
JokerBrown

Postby JokerBrown » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:41 am

I don't see how you could be dissapointed in this episode. I thought it was great. It was everythign I was hoping it would be and more. Props to Matt and Trey on another home run.
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:41 am

Tweeks_Coffee wrote:Uhmm.... the phrase "What the f*ck" springs to mind. Pretty much what I expected, they used obviously pasted clips to make some subtle gags. They killed him off in a way I don't think they'd treat Rob Reiner, than took another swipe at Scientology. The first half or so was good though, if at least for the messed up factor.

^Yeah, that pretty much sums up how I feel about the episode.

Goddammit, Isaac didn't quit, that was just what some douchebag said! Why'd they kill Chef?! And in the most horrible, brutal, unfunny way imaginable! *sigh* At least the funeral was tastefully done... I liked a lot of the throwbacks to other episodes. I don't know what to say about this episode... I can't even give it a solid rating on a scale of 1-10. Was that whole Darth Vader thing supposed to be like a cliffhanger or something? Seriously though, this episode made Woodland Critter Christmas seem normal. I would've liked for it to end with someone waking up and saying "What a weird dream!" or something along those lines.
Megaspit

Postby Megaspit » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:47 am

Has any info been realeased about the next episode? I want this to all come out clear, and have our Chef back :cry:
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:49 am

Information usually comes out the Monday before the episode airs.
antispace

Postby antispace » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:50 am

randyguyngal4 wrote:I think this episode was terrific. From the barbs at the Super Adventurers Club :wink: to Chef Vader, the whole thing had me laughing aloud. Yes, Kyle's speech was touching, and I think it summed up how Trey and Matt truly feel: that this cult has brainwashed their friend, and that they had to break away from the character totally. Yep, the death was gruesome, but I kept laughing because I can imagine that many a TV producer has wanted to do that to the characters of their more difficult stars. Trey and Matt had the balls to do it, and in a completely ludicrous way. I'm looking forward to the rest of this season, and hope that they keep on delivering SP for us to enjoy!

I completely agree, although this definitely was not one of my favorite South Park episodes. Maybe we'll get a new character who guides the boys... or something.
MadsLuvs2d

Bah

Postby MadsLuvs2d » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:59 am

I... still can't beleave he just.. died like that

Why does scientology have to suck so bad? Why? Why did they have to take Isaac Hayes?

.... I laughed at that episode. I did. Up untill the part he died. Before I knew he was gonna die I was all like "Hmm new voices suck but at least we still have our dear old Chef" then WHAM! Right before you know it he's falling down a canyon getting gnaled on by angry Bears :(

My mission has become clear... Tom Cruise and his gay lovers must die....

I can't beleave all this started over Tom cruise not comeing out of the closet. Damn Pansy.
... Your a Lawphin?
BlindHamster

Postby BlindHamster » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:59 am

Strange...
Good, I think, but strange...
Maybe I should watch it when it's not 6 AM.

I R IN UR FUTUER PLYAING UR WII.
Cartmanismyhomeboi

Postby Cartmanismyhomeboi » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:00 am

Personally, i thought this episode was hilarious.

1. the whole doll thing... that was too good to be true.
2. i thought they were really creative on the whole mixing chefs voice
3. the whole star wars thing at the end was great
4. MATT AND TREY ARE SOO GENIUS

amen.
Pab2006

Postby Pab2006 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:01 am

I've never posted here before but I just had to to say this:

Trey Parker, you should be f*cking ashamed of yourself. You've turned what was once a great show into a putrid pile of vomit.

So long to the classic years of South Park (1997-2004)

Postby Default » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:03 am

Great episode, horrible ending.
South Park is about satire, not parody.
They are better than "Darth Chief."
MadsLuvs2d

Postby MadsLuvs2d » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:03 am

Hey now everybody come on,

Yes. We are all EXTREAMLLY ticked off that Chef went away but thats no need to say that the WHoooole series has gone hay wire.

And besides.. There are hardly episodes kenny DOSN'T die. And he technically didnt go away most of the time, he was liveing inside Eric...

Haha.. chocolate milk mix
... Your a Lawphin?

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”