*1001: The Return of Chef*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

T!MMY

Postby T!MMY » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:09 pm

admiralbud wrote: So now Chef's Darth Vader will they get James Earl Jones???

That would be the shiiiittt!!!!!!

Hey, screw you Chef fans who didn't like the episode. This was soo much better than any of that Season 9 crap.
Rudymann

Postby Rudymann » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:13 pm

I don`t get it! How the hell could Matt and Trey do something like this to the show! Chef has always been one of my favourite characters...

I was totally shocked when he died!!!

Even though this was one of the most funny episodes i had ever seen, it made me sad and i`m gonna miss Chef! :cry:
Jesus was born, so i get presents. Thank You, Jesus!
ILuvKennyMcCormick23

Postby ILuvKennyMcCormick23 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:16 pm

The episode was okay. I'm not saying I liked it, but I do agree that it was better than the start of season 9, so maybe that promises more for the next season.

I'm going to miss Chef, though.. It's really sad. I'm not taking sides or anything like all the 'lets go to kill Isaac Hayes and rape him with a salami!' people, but it's just sad that we lost a great character.

"Hey, you guys know what they call a Jewish woman's boobs? Jewbs."

That was gold.
derp.

[please excuse my username, i was a lame 13-year-old.]
one086

Postby one086 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:16 pm

you joined today and have attacked the episode and the people on the board with every post

[quote="thebigmann":02132]Worst. Episode. Ever…I can understand if they have some personal sh*t going on with Isacc, but I still want to be entertained. There was nothing funny in that entire episode. NOTHING][/quote:02132]
catch up on current events, it was funny
[quote="thebigmann":02132]Stop sucking their dicks …[/quote:02132]
stop sucking off scientology
[quote="thebigmann":02132] You're all idiots. Find the nearest sharp object and jam it into your temple.[/quote:02132]
ditto, but cut your nuts off too so your won't reproduce
[quote="thebigmann":02132]SCREW YOU GUYS I GOING HOME[/quote:02132]
go home
kenny789420

Postby kenny789420 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:21 pm

umm so let me get what i saw straight
Chef went to a molestation camp and became a molester
Chef becomes straight by a stripper
chef dies and is actually living in a metal suit and is a child molester
Did i get that right or did my Cant Remember sh*t diesease screw me up
rgarret3

Postby rgarret3 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:26 pm

If you have had the eperience of having Scientology entrap a friend or family member and you know Hubbard's work (I've read them all, yes I need to get a life), and you've seen those frauds bankrupt and brainwash someone you care about, and you know just how ridiculous their whole con is, that was the funniest satire you will ever see in this or any other life.

Matt and Trey have my eternal respect and gratitude for taking those hacks on head on.
Uncle Alex

Postby Uncle Alex » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:33 pm

admiralbud wrote:So now Chef's Darth Vader will they get James Earl Jones???

Man, that would be REALLY great! :)

Last edited by Uncle Alex on Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:43 pm

First Lem dies on The Shield and now this.

TV, how can you be so cruel?!?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
Uncle Alex

Postby Uncle Alex » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:43 pm

So, this one is "Trapped in the closet, Part 2". It's funny but... something wrong with it, don't you think so? Maybe it's just dumber than most of the eps... or perhaps M&T have become too political... Anyway, I feel a bit sad.

They treated good ol' Isaac too rude in this ep, but it is his fault, not theirs. Why did he quit, why?

Postby MissingOctober » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:04 pm

onlymeee wrote:
CharleyOW wrote:Am I the only one who felt really sad during last night's episode?

It was a sad episode. It's a sad situation. Behind the melodrama there's real tragedy.

My wife cried, and I felt like I'd just watched the last episode of South Park, ever.

I know! And, that's why I can't get this new wave. No one should truly want Isaac Hayes dead. Whether it was his fault or not, he's still a nice man who contributed to something we love so much.

I thought the show was hilarious but depressing in undertone. God. I feel sorry for Matt and Trey, sad to say, because I think they went too brutal. Like I said somewhere else, this just isn't turning someone you know into a whore. This is murder and erasure of everything true and good that happened over years past. I'm sure Hayes has to be hurt right now. It doesn't matter if it was his fault because you don't brutally vocalize the death of a friend (or their cartoon character, lol).

Okay, besides the fact that everything was depressing, I give it a 9.9/10! : )
Itsbuttersthatsme

Postby Itsbuttersthatsme » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:41 pm

[quote="rgarret3"]If you have had the eperience of having Scientology entrap a friend or family member and you know Hubbard's work (I've read them all, yes I need to get a life), and you've seen those frauds bankrupt and brainwash someone you care about, and you know just how ridiculous their whole con is, that was the funniest satire you will ever see in this or any other life.

Your a moron. Hubbard wrote over 5000 pieces of scientology bull crap. The episode was hilarious. Matt and try declared war on scientology in an article about 4 days before the show aired. All the show did was show how messed up scientology is. They didn't kill Cehf, The Super adventure club did.
Najix

Postby Najix » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:46 pm

I nodded out about halfway thru, not really that good. "Darth Chef?" GMAB. Gaahhh. Najix perpelexed and pooping sherbert.
prefertoremainanonymous

Postby prefertoremainanonymous » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:58 pm

Itsbuttersthatsme wrote:
rgarret3 wrote:If you have had the eperience of having Scientology entrap a friend or family member and you know Hubbard's work (I've read them all, yes I need to get a life), and you've seen those frauds bankrupt and brainwash someone you care about, and you know just how ridiculous their whole con is, that was the funniest satire you will ever see in this or any other life.

Your a moron. Hubbard wrote over 5000 pieces of scientology bull crap. The episode was hilarious. Matt and try declared war on scientology in an article about 4 days before the show aired. All the show did was show how messed up scientology is. They didn't kill Cehf, The Super adventure club did.

dude, i think he gets it, thats why he put, "that was the funniest satire you will ever see in this or any other life"

sat·ire Audio pronunciation of "satire" ( P ) n.

1. A literary work in which human vice or folly is attacked through irony, derision, or wit.
2. The branch of literature constituting such works.
3. Irony, sarcasm, or caustic wit used to attack or expose folly, vice, or stupidity.

satire = funny....in one of its many forms.
Ric James

Postby Ric James » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:06 am

I def agree with the "won't make any sense if you havn't read the news thing" - South Park should try to avoid this sort of thing. But this was an exceptional event I guess.

I find it quite amusing that South Park is for the second time this week on the BBC News front page (story here - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4836286.stm) considering Channel 4 have stopped showing it. Way to miss an oppourtunity for ratings! I have to download new eps from the net. :?

edit: also the poop when you die reference is only funny if you've seen the Wallmart episode :D.

slightly offtopic edit2: The ending of the Scientology episode was the worst end frame of any South Park ever. "Go on sue me" - i mean come on. When the credits rolled I felt confused and afraid :( .
Last edited by Ric James on Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Misty_Park_3R

Postby Misty_Park_3R » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:09 am

crab_people21 wrote:…the episode was all about trey and matt angry at chef they had no respect for him…
Matt and Trey angry at Chef/Isaac, showing him no respect? I don’t think you and I were watching the same South Park episode.

ILuvKennyMcCormick23 wrote:…I'm not taking sides…like all the 'lets go to kill Isaac Hayes and rape him with a salami!' people
one086 wrote:
thebigmann wrote: You're all idiots. Find the nearest sharp object and jam it into your temple.
ditto, but cut your nuts off too so your won't reproduce
Thank you, both, for making me laugh.

Aym_Dand wrote:First Lem dies on The Shield and now this…TV, how can you be so cruel?!?
You forgot about Arrested Development.

Uncle Alex wrote: Why did he quit, why?
I suggest you go to page one of this thread and start reading.

Itsbuttersthatsme wrote:
rgarret3 wrote:If you have had the eperience of having Scientology entrap a friend or family member and you know Hubbard's work (I've read them all, yes I need to get a life), and you've seen those frauds bankrupt and brainwash someone you care about, and you know just how ridiculous their whole con is, that was the funniest satire you will ever see in this or any other life.

It's funny that you called someone else a moron. Rgarret3 was saying how proud he is of the episode for exposing, to the public, the bullsh*t of scientology. Then you, after calling Rgarret3 a moron, restated his same feelings. Funny. Good catch prefertoremainanonymous You post fast.

MissingOctober wrote:…I know! And, that's why I can't get this new wave. No one should truly want Isaac Hayes dead. Whether it was his fault or not, he's still a nice man who contributed to something we love so much.
No one wants Isaac dead.

I’ve read nearly all of the post and I feel some posters are taking the episode too literally. Too those of you I say, relax, that was a tribute of their friendship to Chef. They expressed a great deal of love for their friend (Isaac) in this episode, that’s what made me cry, not the death of a character. It was their emotions poured into a script.
Last edited by Misty_Park_3R on Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
“20 yrs from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbour. Catch trade winds in your sails. Explore_Dream_Discover” TWAIN

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”