*1001: The Return of Chef*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:03 pm

Misty_Park_3R wrote:Seriously? I just assumed it was an image of L.Ron

GIS shows that L. Ron didn't have a mustache, was balding, and wore glasses once in a while. Teddy Roosevelt is the right answer.

ringo380 wrote:Come on people.

It's obviously The Colonel.

No. :lol:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Rannixx

Postby Rannixx » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:09 am

idle threats, especially with a room full of people holding all these deadly weapons right up next to the boys.

Agreed. It's the nuances like these that make the show. Like for instance the Jesus-sniffing-the-marker -mid-speech bit. Of course you couldn't just have every show based around all the incidental moments, but if Matt Stone and Trey Parker keep cramming in these funny sidenotes (have more sub-plots) I don't think they can roll out a bad episode.
and100100

Postby and100100 » Wed May 03, 2006 6:47 am

This is probably long dead now but I wasn't here when it was fresh and an episode of such quality deserves comment.

South Park has always been at its best when it really pushes the boundaries of decency. The NAMBLA episode or anything to do with religion especially. Anything that annoys the 'Outraged Brigade' who make a point of watching things that will offend them just so they can complain is good. This episode poked fun at paedophilia which is always fine by me. Nothing funnier than child abuse.

The non stop piss taking of Scientology is what really makes the episode however. Although I wouldn't give Scientology enough credence to call it a religion after 'Trapped in the Closet' this episode was always likely to really piss certain people off. God knows if any group of people deserve such ridicule it's the Church of Scientology. Brilliant work Matt and Trey. Keep sticking it to them.

Apart from all of the clever stuff mentioned above the episode is packed with laugh out loud moments. The utter filth that comes out of Chef's mouth, the guy humping the doll for so long it stops being funny then becomes funny again and Chef crapping himself in the moments after his death.

Killing Chef off in such a brutal fashion was brave and it works perfectly. Much better than a happy ever after ending with Chef just leaving town again or something. Darth Chef would make a good character for next season or whenever he's needed.

All together a great episode. Best of the season so far.
butters489

Postby butters489 » Tue May 09, 2006 3:06 am

and100100 wrote:Darth Chef would make a good character for next season or whenever he's needed.

I doubt he will appear again. Trey and Matt could get sued by George Lucas if they kept using Darth Chef.

SPF4L#1

Postby SPF4L#1 » Tue May 09, 2006 3:10 pm

butters489 wrote:
and100100 wrote:Darth Chef would make a good character for next season or whenever he's needed.

I doubt he will appear again. Trey and Matt could get sued by George Lucas if they kept using Darth Chef.

I don't think so, considering they haven't actually referred to him as Darth Chef at all.
If you can be bothered...please check out this poll:
http://misterpoll.com/4270026923.html
Kennyfun_ilovehim!

Postby Kennyfun_ilovehim! » Tue May 09, 2006 3:51 pm

This episode looks be cool! I love Star Wars, and Chef in the final seems Darth Vader, in "The Revenge of the Sith", Darth Vader is my favorite Star Wars character! And I throught Darth Chef the coolest idea of all! :D

Hello again! :oops: I'm shy!

"If you not fight, then you will meet your destiny"
Darth Vader

My birthday in on May, 23rd Happy Birthday to me!
butters489

Postby butters489 » Wed May 10, 2006 5:07 pm

SPF4L#1 wrote:I don't think so, considering they haven't actually referred to him as Darth Chef at all.

Yeah, I guess that's true.

Kennyfun_ilovehim!

Postby Kennyfun_ilovehim! » Tue May 30, 2006 11:57 am

butters489 wrote:

I don't say make the long of the season keeping Darth Chef but make one more episode using him, and in the final he dies .

"If you not fight, then you will meet your destiny"
Darth Vader

My birthday in on May, 23rd Happy Birthday to me!
tweek170

Postby tweek170 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:14 pm

probally my faviroute ep ever
TrueReviews

question...

Postby TrueReviews » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:25 am

Did anyone notice the character who ran the adventure club was like the Austin powers character Dr. Evil??? He kept doing the cheesy lines like that, lol.
~TRU
nall
Site Admin

*1001* The Return of Chef

Postby nall » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:50 pm

The town is jolted out of a case of the doldrums when Chef suddenly reappears. While Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Cartman are thrilled to have their old friend back, they notice that something about chef seems different. When Chef's strange behavior starts getting him in trouble, the boys pull out all the stops to save him.
NinjaSkittles

Re: *1001: The Return of Chef*

Postby NinjaSkittles » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:16 pm

This may seem random but i laughed so hard when Stan,Kyle,Cartman, kennyand Chef were at the phyciatrist and Stan and Kyle were explaing how a club brain washed chef and Stan was like "Yeah, he joined the super adventure club and they convinced him sex with little children is okay with a thing that goes (insert circular hand motion here)whoo whoo whoo whoowhoo." I dont know why but i laughed like a retard at that.
Det. Sandy Vagina

Re: *1001: The Return of Chef*

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Wed May 24, 2017 4:24 pm

It's a hilarious episode, but I really hate the fact that Chef died in it :cry: I'm not gonna lie, I did legitimately cry in the last scene, which actually got kind of annoying since the tears covered my glasses and I had to try and not cry so hard so I can actually see. I'm surprised myself, since last time it was like barely a tear came out, but this time it was real bad :lol:

Anywho, Chef was one of my favorite characters and I can't believe at this point, the majority of the series run has been Chef-less. I suppose Matt & Trey didn't want to replace the actor, but I honestly wish they did. It would have felt different at first, but it's still Chef, goddamit, we'd get used to it! I don't think it would've been very hard to find people who can do a similar voice. Heck, even the guy who did Darth Chef's voice in the end would have worked fine.

As for the actual episode, it is really good. The detective, just the very idea of the Super Adventure Club and the stripper, all hilarious.
THERE'S NO SAND IN MY VAGINA!!!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”