*1001: The Return of Chef*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

antispace

Postby antispace » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:03 am

Pab2006 wrote:I've never posted here before but I just had to to say this:

Trey Parker, you should be f*cking ashamed of yourself. You've turned what was once a great show into a putrid pile of vomit.

So long to the classic years of South Park (1997-2004)

Ohhh man, this guy just pissed off a LOT of South Park fans. You better get off the board, man.
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:05 am

He can stay if he wants to, nobody's going to kick him off.
ColoBeerGal

Postby ColoBeerGal » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:06 am

Trey and Matt handled this situation beautifully. I was expecting to be disappointed by the episode (what could live up to the hype/anticipation?) but this episode exceeded my expectations.

Although this episode wouldn't be very entertaining if it were to "stand alone" (if the viewer were to watch it without knowing the context of the situation), as part of the SP series it was perfect.

I especially liked how Matt and Trey conveyed their pain through the characters.

"We shouldn't be mad at Chef. We should me mad at the club that scrambled his brain." Indeed.

Awesome job, Matt and Trey!
Last edited by ColoBeerGal on Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
music__elitist

Postby music__elitist » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:06 am

Season premiers have been extraordinarily shoddy in the last 2 years...

Could have been better.
MadsLuvs2d

Postby MadsLuvs2d » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:09 am

I agree with the one girl up there

They did handel it pretty well.

Even the Molester (sp?) who started it looked liek the guy who started scientology. So they can't sue. And if they try to... I'm PROLLY gonna have to get my super cool ninja canon and put some freakishly large eggs in it and egg all their houses

... What?
... Your a Lawphin?
ihaveanoutkast

Postby ihaveanoutkast » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:11 am

Well this episode makes me want to take out Dreamcast and play South Park: Chef's Love Shack.
Uhhh, hello?
AWESOM_O

Postby AWESOM_O » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:13 am

I liked the new episode, i hope matt and trey just create a entire seasons satirizing all of tom cruises movies and just riup him to shreds.
MadsLuvs2d

Postby MadsLuvs2d » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:14 am

ihaveanoutkast wrote:Well this episode makes me want to take out Dreamcast and play South Park: Chef's Love Shack.

LOL I LOVE THAT GAME!

.. to bad our dreame cast got sat on by a fat kid.. a really really really really really really really really fat kid.

ima gonna go.. since i havn't really grasped the conecept of BBS forum and how many posts you can do without people going "Wow you post to much"
... Your a Lawphin?
Muldoon13

Postby Muldoon13 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:15 am

I don't understand how some people can't see the absolute genius in that episode.

The purposely stinted Chef dialoque, the references to pedophilia , "the secret of life" and Chef/Isaac having gone to the Darkside? Sorry, but that's freakin' hilarious.

The bridge. Chef held captive in a "Introspective Rundown". And a hundred other scientology references. All freakin' hilarious.

Better than I could have hoped for - especially considering the hype.
KennyWantsMe

Postby KennyWantsMe » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:15 am

I personally don't see how anyone can find this a bad episode. People seem to be upset that they killed Chef off... but what were they supposed to do?

NewsFlash Hayes quit the show!

Matt and Trey are all about making statements and this one was done wonderfully. It really showed how upset and hurt they were about Isaac Hayes quitting the show and they did it in a funny and unique way.

The death was a little brutal... but thats what you get for being a child molesting weirdo who believes in Aliens

And if I had Balls I would tell Tom Cruise to suck them... but I wouldn't have to because he's a homo and would gladly do it anyway! :assface: but I do have an Ass and he can kiss that

stupid scientologists!
Last edited by KennyWantsMe on Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:17 am

Good/funny parts:

The detective messing around with the doll

The way they had Chef talking with recorded sound clips

The strip joint with the DANCE, ANYBODY WANT A DANCE lady. The voice was even funnier then in Lil Crime Stoppers.

They way they made Scientologists out to be pedophiles at first.

Not funny/Sad parts:

The over use of the pedophile situation. Thats just gross.

The end when Chef died. A small laugh was in there when he crapped his pants.

Overall though it was pretty good.
Stan and Kyle :)
ihaveanoutkast

Postby ihaveanoutkast » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:19 am

One thing that I'm not liking about newer episodes and it doesn't really effect the show too much is the way they're made. I liked the simpler look of the older episodes where it actually looked like construction paper and stuff. It just seemd funnier back then and made South Park seem more like South Park than a regular show.
Uhhh, hello?
Kubrick_2001

Postby Kubrick_2001 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:19 am

As a viewer from the first airing of "Cartman Gets an Anal Probe," I felt the need to stick my two cents in.
As soon as Isaac Hayes left South Park, I had the feeling that they would kill Chef off. The idea didn't really bother me...until I watched the show. Almost two hours later, I sit here disappointed at the loss of Chef. It's not the end of the world, or the end of South Park, even. I'm sure I'll continue to faithfully watch the show, but tonights episode was just a downer to me. When I was watching it, I'll admit, I laughed my ass off through the first half. By the time I saw Chef's death coming, it almost felt like something inside me died as well. I know this is just well written satire in a cartoon format, but I guess after spending nine seasons with a character, it's hard to say goodbye.
FJBrooks317

Postby FJBrooks317 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:23 am

Kubrick_2001 wrote:As a viewer from the first airing of "Cartman Gets an Anal Probe," I felt the need to stick my two cents in.
As soon as Isaac Hayes left South Park, I had the feeling that they would kill Chef off. The idea didn't really bother me...until I watched the show. Almost two hours later, I sit here disappointed at the loss of Chef. It's not the end of the world, or the end of South Park, even. I'm sure I'll continue to faithfully watch the show, but tonights episode was just a downer to me. When I was watching it, I'll admit, I laughed my ass off through the first half. By the time I saw Chef's death coming, it almost felt like something inside me died as well. I know this is just well written satire in a cartoon format, but I guess after spending nine seasons with a character, it's hard to say goodbye.

It's a cartoon man...get over it
Muldoon13

Postby Muldoon13 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:23 am

Chef isn't dead. He's on the Darkside.

And the pedophilia stuff is - in my opinion - a reference to scientology tactics. From what I've read they often use accusations like that aaginst their critics. (I think I said that already).

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”