*1001: The Return of Chef*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

antispace

Postby antispace » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:24 am

AWESOM_O wrote:I liked the new episode, i hope matt and trey just create a entire seasons satirizing all of tom cruises movies and just riup him to shreds.

Tom Cruise doesn't deserve to have any more airtime on South Park, IMO.
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:25 am

My problem isn't that they killed Chef, just in the way they killed him. Did they really have to be so brutal? Yes, it's unfortunate that things played out they way they did, but to do that? Not even Mrs. Crabtree got that brutal a murder. At least they gave him some respect at the end, Kyle gave a good speech there. Also it was cool when Kyle busted those guys' knees.

As for the Scientology references.... Really? Again? They couldn't find any other group or news item to joke about? That's fairly half-assed if you ask me.

EDIT: VVVV I find it rather amusing how everyone seems to think that if you didn't find something funny, than you didn't get it. Yes, we know who everyone is, it wasn't exactly a huge puzzle to figure out what was going on. People aren't so incredibly dense that they miss the point, but people can be arrogant assh*les I see.
Last edited by Tweeks_Coffee on Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
JokerBrown

Postby JokerBrown » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:26 am

some peopel seem to be confused about what happened here. ok I'm going to clear it all up for you.

Isaac Hayes left South Park because he all of a sudden started thinking it was offensive instead of funny. This is because Scientology said so.

Chef left South Park because he all of a sudden wantyed to have sex with children instead of be cool. This is because the Super Adventure Club said so.

Some people seem to have forgotten who each character is based on.

Chef = Isaac.
Stan = Trey.
Kyle = Matt.
Super Adventure Club = Scientology
Marlocks = Thetans

Go watch the episode again, but keep in mind who each character represents, and the things they say. They touched on everything they needed to, and it was hilarious.

I hope this clears things up for the naysayers, but if you had any sense you'd have figured it out yourself.
ihaveanoutkast

Postby ihaveanoutkast » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:29 am

FJBrooks317 wrote:It's a cartoon man...get over it

Even so, it's a cartoon that's been with me, at least, since third grade and taught me what my parents didn't feel like teaching me.
Uhhh, hello?
Noggle82

Damn People

Postby Noggle82 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:32 am

There's alot more fudged up individuals out there than I thought. I thought South Park fans were more sensible than this. Its just a damn cartoon, Chef is not a real character, I laughed my sick f*ckin ass off as he got torn to shreds by two huge animals. Its just a character, its all for shock value. If you don't get it, then you never were a fan of south park. I love this show cause the way they deal with the stupid sh*t that goes on in this world, and especially how outrageous they get even though they're airing it on TV for everyone to see. Isaac quit for retarted reasons so the sensible thing to do is get rid of Isaac's character and turn him into something Matt and Trey can work with if they feel the need, and if Isaac wants to come back they can always bring the character back. Damn he wasn't even that great of a character to begin with, but thats just an opinion. Anyways, ITS JUST A CARTOON.
Cazz
A New Blood
S.D.M.F. 4 Ever
PanSavant

Postby PanSavant » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:32 am

After reading through these posts, I am suprised no one made the obvious connection as to why SAC=$cientology...so maybe I point this out.

The kids are and always have been to some extent Trey and Matts alter egos, and from the very beginning Issac has acted the Chef to to them (Trey and Matt) in terms of being a friend, a mentor and a source of advice.

In portraying the episode this way, they are making the very clear the deepness of the pain and hurt they feel by what $ci "church" is making their friend do to them. The analogy of the betrayal of trust, much like a pedo does to kids who look to adults for guidance, is perfect in it's parallell.

If you doubt that the Church of $ci had anything to do with this, it is part of their tennents of belief that members must disconnect themselves from anyone who is a Supressive Person. To quote from Hubbard Communications Office Bulletin (HCOB) of 10 September 1983, "PTSness AND DISCONNECTION":

WHEN DISCONNECTION IS USED

An Ethics Officer can encounter a situation where someone is factually connected to a suppressive person, in present time...The answer is to sever the connection.

So in conclusion, to quote from these boards:
ColoBeerGal wrote:"We shouldn't be mad at Chef. We should me mad at the club that scrambled his brain." Indeed.
PanSavant

Postby PanSavant » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:40 am

JokerBrown wrote:some peopel seem to be confused about what happened here. ok I'm going to clear it all up for you...

:lol: Sorry Joker...you were posting while I was typing...If I had seen yours, I could have saved myself a posting!

:D
Daze2000

Postby Daze2000 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:41 am

Pab2006 wrote:So long to the classic years of South Park (1997-2004)

2004? Cmon, every true fan knows the show has sucked ass since episode 2.
Muldoon13

Postby Muldoon13 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:44 am

[quote="Tweeks_Coffee":54e99]As for the Scientology references.... Really? Again? They couldn't find any other group or news item to joke about? That's fairly half-assed if you ask me.

EDIT: VVVV I find it rather amusing how everyone seems to think that if you didn't find something funny, than you didn't get it. Yes, we know who everyone is, it wasn't exactly a huge puzzle to figure out what was going on. People aren't so incredibly dense that they miss the point, but people can be arrogant assh*les I see.[/quote:54e99]

If you don't understand why they used scientology references then, no, I don't think you get it. It's not my intention to be arrogant. I don't think anyone here is intending to be arrogant. It's just difficult to see how one could not that find their handling of the whole debaucle was superb.
Noggle82

Postby Noggle82 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:48 am

[quote="Muldoon13":39e20][quote="Tweeks_Coffee":39e20]As for the Scientology references.... Really? Again? They couldn't find any other group or news item to joke about? That's fairly half-assed if you ask me.

EDIT: VVVV I find it rather amusing how everyone seems to think that if you didn't find something funny, than you didn't get it. Yes, we know who everyone is, it wasn't exactly a huge puzzle to figure out what was going on. People aren't so incredibly dense that they miss the point, but people can be arrogant assh*les I see.[/quote:39e20]

If you don't understand why they used scientology references then, no, I don't think you get it. It's not my intention to be arrogant. I don't think anyone here is intending to be arrogant. It's just difficult to see how one could not that find their handling of the whole debaucle was superb.[/quote:39e20]

Exactly

BRILLIANT!!!
Cazz
A New Blood
S.D.M.F. 4 Ever
tracyremycru

mad at Scientology cult, not so much Chef

Postby tracyremycru » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:51 am

We shouldn't be mad at Chef. We should me mad at the club that scrambled his brain." Indeed.

Thank you-
I wonder if anyone would have gotten mad if they made fun of Jim Jones or the Charlie Manson clan. Weren't they both cults too? To be honest I kinda wanted to go carrolling with Charlie after the Thanksgiving episode.
And the grinchy-poo carved the roast poo and little cindy-loo-poo that was no more than 2.
Maybe Blaintology will get a new load of followers.
sdikblack

Postby sdikblack » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:01 am

all i can say right now is: i told you they were gonna use old recordings of chef (most of them from 101 and 704). As i was watching the episode i was secretly saying to myself the name of the episode each saying was from, i only knew like half of them :oops:

I personally didn't like this episode, because, like they said earlier, if you don't know about isaac leaving sp you won't get a bit of the episode, and matt & trey's ability to do otherwise is what i like most about the show.
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:02 am

I agree very much with Kyle’s speech at the end of the episode.

That ep was actually pretty funny. Funnier than I originally thought it would be! Especially with the way they mixed the old chef samples. :D
Last edited by Mr. Hat_DX27 on Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
FJBrooks317

Postby FJBrooks317 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:04 am

ihaveanoutkast wrote:
FJBrooks317 wrote:It's a cartoon man...get over it

Even so, it's a cartoon that's been with me, at least, since third grade and taught me what my parents didn't feel like teaching me.

It taught you what...how to jerk off a dog, eat with your butt, and make fun of jews?? It's just a funny ass cartoon. There's no need for emotional attachments
alsynchanz

Everything and so much more

Postby alsynchanz » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:06 am

This was the greatest episode ever. Up until today, I didn't think anythign could be funnier than Trapped in the CLoset or Asspen, or that Trey and Matt couldn't get any smarter or more right. But today, I was proved wrong. Today I was made a fool because today made me feel this warm glow of laughter and inspiration. Today I am a man... sorta. And that's all I have to say about that.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”