*1001: The Return of Chef*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

PleiadesNova

I wanna make love to the...Freemasons!

Postby PleiadesNova » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:07 pm

ok, when I first saw this episode, I didn't know about the history behind Isaac Hayes vs Trey & Matt, so I thought the episode was about Freemasons [they believe if you sodomize children, you can live forever], but after reading all these posts, I am convinced of Hubbard's blatant plagiarizing of both Freemasonry and Mormonism [a carbon-copy of Freemasonry] to create his little fantasy world. Great episode, but not as good as others. And, I think it's ok for them to continue bashing Scientology since they forced them to pull Trapped...I hope the next episode is about Catholics, since it would follow the pattern.
I've learned something today...
kaileykorn

Postby kaileykorn » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:07 pm

Noggle82 wrote:
KennyStanWendyFan wrote:NOW EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES EVEN THE SLIGHTEST BIT WITH WHAT I SAID, TAKE YOUR PENISES OUT OF YOUR BOYFRIENDS' ASSES AND GET A GODDAMN BRAIN! GOD, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?! MARVEL IN MY OMNISCIENCE! (etc.)

:shock: fantastic.....gotta love the poetry on message boards

Uhh... he was parodying the people who say, "Hey, if you don't like season 10, then f*ck you!"

(Nice speech, by the way, KSWF. :wink:)

It was an okay episode. There were some parts I disagreed with, but there were others were I was laughing really hard. Overall, I'd give it a 5/10.
bulrog2004

Postby bulrog2004 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:08 pm

thebigmann wrote:
deloiseusa wrote:I LOVED last night's episode.

You're all idiots. Find the nearest sharp object and jam it into your temple.

if many users don't agree with you, doesn't give you the right to call em "idiots".
defend your opinion without flames and respect everybody's authoritah! :D
Ric James

Postby Ric James » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:10 pm

I want to hear more people make exactly the same insights as have been made in every other thread about this episode :shock:
Control Arms, Amnesty International
bulrog2004

Postby bulrog2004 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:31 pm

jjmac12345 wrote:Earlier I gave the episode a 10/10, I have to change it to a 9/10 only because Chef's parents were nowhere to be seen at the funeral. After Kyle gave his speech at the funeral he should've said, "And now Chef's parents would like to say a few words" Then they come up and tell a loch ness monster story of course.
I can only imagine that Matt and Trey simply forgot about them? There would be no reason they weren't at least in the audience. Or were they, and I missed it?

agreed.
something like "chef suggested us to join that club, but they've said it gonna cost about treefiddy, and then realized the head guy was the monster"
IneedBoutTREEFIDDY

Postby IneedBoutTREEFIDDY » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Knowing Matt & Trey, they probably forgot Chef even had parents.
Setting the standard since 1852
Agaath95

Postby Agaath95 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:10 pm

jjmac12345 wrote:Earlier I gave the episode a 10/10, I have to change it to a 9/10 only because Chef's parents were nowhere to be seen at the funeral. After Kyle gave his speech at the funeral he should've said, "And now Chef's parents would like to say a few words" Then they come up and tell a loch ness monster story of course.
I can only imagine that Matt and Trey simply forgot about them? There would be no reason they weren't at least in the audience. Or were they, and I missed it?
I'm almost sure Chef's parents were voiced by Isaac Hayes. They probably didn't have the right sound clips for a funeral speech.
onepiece226

Dumbasses

Postby onepiece226 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:26 pm

Listen the new Episode Called "the return of chef" is nothing to be proud of cause Chef dies a horrible Death.I only thought one part of it was funny but overall i hated the episode
Timmiieehh

Postby Timmiieehh » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:42 pm

Once again Matt 'n Trey proved that they needen more timeout instead of making a new season. Goddamned this one really sucked a$$. The only thing I liked was the ending when they ridiculed the cult of Isaac...the rest was really below standards..but then again you could have seen the direstraits in season 9 already...Matt...Trey: Come back in about 4 to 5 years with some really really new and fresh material and don't steal jokes from other episodes when they are "too" used like recycled toilet paper...
Selphie's Fan Club

Postby Selphie's Fan Club » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:05 pm

I could only get up to page 8 when I felt the need to write this...

Even if Mr. Hayes didn't leave, Chef was not really around too much anyway. He had for the most part stopped singing his songs and rarely had anything to say. So, I'm particularly happy that they killed him off. Kyle's speech at the end was great...basically summed up all their thoughts.

This was a great season opener...in the future, people may not get what this episode is about, however. I can definitely see people watching this episode and not having a clue why they killed off Chef.

Those soundboards were great!
mister.froggy

Postby mister.froggy » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:35 pm

Hi everybody :D

I had forgotten that CHEF had left the village! I have just looked
the first episode of season 10 and I was charmed to note
that the creators still doesn't miss imagination.

When will be diffuse next episodes ?
South Park helps me to improve my English :-)
SPF4L#1

Postby SPF4L#1 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:47 pm

Ric James wrote:slightly offtopic edit2: The ending of the Scientology episode was the worst end frame of any South Park ever. "Go on sue me" - i mean come on. When the credits rolled I felt confused and afraid :( .

Did you not read the credits?

Grizim wrote:What is a two-word term that resembles my thoughts towards the haters of this episode? F-you-C-K Y-O-you.

The episode was genious. I loved Darth Chef's red glowing burger-flipper hahaaha I don't know if others caught that. The safari thing was brilliant. I was seriously waiting for the boys to get f*cki][/i]ucked. "Come here, Sugar" ahahhahaha. Best episode so far and I mean it, no I really do.

Uhhh you haters need to get off your damn periods and quit being negative. Chef's death was brutal and AWESOME. Chef will probably stay as a robot but even if he doesn't WHO GIVES A f*ck? And also you assh*les know that if Matt and Trey just changed a voice person for Chef, you would be all like "The new voice is terrible! We need the old one! Classic episodes for life!" Learn the beauty of newness goddamnit. You people probably just won't allow yourselves to like this damn episode or any of the newer episodes because your mindset is trapped in the 1997-2001 era. If you didn't turn the show on hating it to begin with you would probably end up liking it so quit whining.

Last but not least....Scientology sucks!

Grow up. Because right now, this sounds a bit like:

WAAAAAH! WAAAAAH! A FEW PEOPLE DIDN'T LIKE THIS EPISODE OMG! THEY SHOULD HAVE THE SAME OPINION AS ME!

I don't dislike the show as a whole and I thought some of the later season nine episodes were great. I just didn't like 1001. That isn't to say that I won't like 1002, or that I'm kidding myself by convincing myself to hold a false opinion, or that I necesserily care about what has or would have happened to Chef, or that I am on my period.
If you can be bothered...please check out this poll:
http://misterpoll.com/4270026923.html
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:59 pm

SPF4L#1 wrote:
Grizim wrote:What is a two-word term that resembles my thoughts towards the haters of this episode? F-you-C-K Y-O-you.

The episode was genious. I loved Darth Chef's red glowing burger-flipper hahaaha I don't know if others caught that. The safari thing was brilliant. I was seriously waiting for the boys to get f*cki][/i]ucked. "Come here, Sugar" ahahhahaha. Best episode so far and I mean it, no I really do.

Uhhh you haters need to get off your damn periods and quit being negative. Chef's death was brutal and AWESOME. Chef will probably stay as a robot but even if he doesn't WHO GIVES A f*ck? And also you assh*les know that if Matt and Trey just changed a voice person for Chef, you would be all like "The new voice is terrible! We need the old one! Classic episodes for life!" Learn the beauty of newness goddamnit. You people probably just won't allow yourselves to like this damn episode or any of the newer episodes because your mindset is trapped in the 1997-2001 era. If you didn't turn the show on hating it to begin with you would probably end up liking it so quit whining.

Last but not least....Scientology sucks!

Grow up. Because right now, this sounds a bit like:

WAAAAAH! WAAAAAH! A FEW PEOPLE DIDN'T LIKE THIS EPISODE OMG! THEY SHOULD HAVE THE SAME OPINION AS ME!

He was the main one I was thinking of when I made my post a few posts back. But hey, what can we expect from a 14(15?)-year-old goth kid? I expect him to come back with some sort of joke about our sexual orientation soon.
Jerome_Paris

Postby Jerome_Paris » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:10 pm

The 1001 episode was awesome!

Hey, the Super Adventure Club has a companion website :
http://www.liquidgeneration.com/content ... x?cid=1492

There you'll find anything you need to know, put in a nutshell.
Delition

Postby Delition » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:12 pm

I could care less if people actually liked this episode, but I didn't care for it.

I felt that the entire episode as a whole was completely unnecessary, and for the first time in the history of South Park, I didn't laugh even once during the entire episode. I made Danielle watch it with me, and she felt the same exact way.

I remember the Season 4 mini-documentaries, where they were talking about the fact that they spent so much time ragging on Phil Collins because they were being childish after losing to him. I felt that this episode was their harassment of Isaac Hayes for quitting.

Kyle's speech at the end may have been meant to be nice to Isaac Hayes, but I feel that it was more of a way to cover their tracks so that they didn't seem overly childish.

There. I'm done. I suppose the sheep will follow soon after with posts of "OMG ur stoopid", but I could care less.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”