*1001: The Return of Chef*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

taxidermy_puppet

what did you expect?

Postby taxidermy_puppet » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:29 pm

honestly, when has south park ever shyed away from something that hits close to home. i mean, there are stories about the conflict between southpark and scientology on CNN. matt and trey made it very clear how they felt about isaac hayes decision to leave the show. so what did you expect them to do, write him off the show gracefully without addressing what's really going on? i think the fact that southpark parodied itself is what makes it such a great satire. i watched "the return of chef" with a group of friends and we all laughed our asses off. i cant wait to see where this is going to go.
bynfoxy

I watched the NEW episode last night

Postby bynfoxy » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:43 pm

and laughed my butt off even more than the first time..That is friggin hilarious!
Ric James

Postby Ric James » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:00 pm

SPF4L#1 wrote:
Ric James wrote:slightly offtopic edit2: The ending of the Scientology episode was the worst end frame of any South Park ever. "Go on sue me" - i mean come on. When the credits rolled I felt confused and afraid :( .

Did you not read the credits?
Fair point but was that deliberate? It's not very obvious I don't think.

SPF4L#1 wrote:
Grizim wrote:What is a two-word term that resembles my thoughts towards the haters of this episode? F-you-C-K Y-O-you.

The episode was genious. I loved Darth Chef's red glowing burger-flipper hahaaha I don't know if others caught that. The safari thing was brilliant. I was seriously waiting for the boys to get f*cki][/i]ucked. "Come here, Sugar" ahahhahaha. Best episode so far and I mean it, no I really do.

Uhhh you haters need to get off your damn periods and quit being negative. Chef's death was brutal and AWESOME. Chef will probably stay as a robot but even if he doesn't WHO GIVES A f*ck? And also you assh*les know that if Matt and Trey just changed a voice person for Chef, you would be all like "The new voice is terrible! We need the old one! Classic episodes for life!" Learn the beauty of newness goddamnit. You people probably just won't allow yourselves to like this damn episode or any of the newer episodes because your mindset is trapped in the 1997-2001 era. If you didn't turn the show on hating it to begin with you would probably end up liking it so quit whining.

Last but not least....Scientology sucks!

Grow up. Because right now, this sounds a bit like:

WAAAAAH! WAAAAAH! A FEW PEOPLE DIDN'T LIKE THIS EPISODE OMG! THEY SHOULD HAVE THE SAME OPINION AS ME!

I don't dislike the show as a whole and I thought some of the later season nine episodes were great. I just didn't like 1001. That isn't to say that I won't like 1002, or that I'm kidding myself by convincing myself to hold a false opinion, or that I necesserily care about what has or would have happened to Chef, or that I am on my period.
Personally I thought season 9 did trail off a bit, but all this talk is way too angry! South Park has always changed from season to season in some way, I think this is just another twist.

It's interesting how this episode has brought so many lurkers out of the darkness (myself included)...
Control Arms, Amnesty International
Misty_Park_3R

Postby Misty_Park_3R » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:14 pm

Big-Will wrote:
Misty_Park_3R wrote:
Megaspit wrote:What if Isaac came back to the show? It could happen, right? Right?
It would seem to me that they left a wide-open invitation for their friend to return to them. Beside, look how many times Kenny died only to return. I guess it will be up to Isaac to decide what he wants.

Yes, Chef has a chance to come back from the Dark Side, but it looks pretty clear that Hayes isn't coming back. I'm looking forward to some Darth Chef cameos, with no more frequency than Chef had of appearing in the past five years of the show.

You never know, somtimes people get back on their meds and have a whole new outlook. ;)
“20 yrs from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbour. Catch trade winds in your sails. Explore_Dream_Discover” TWAIN
Darth-Chef

I hated that!

Postby Darth-Chef » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:16 pm

It was nice to see Kyle as the main character again, and some of the jokes really got me laughing, such as

"I wanna make love to "The Children!"

and Cartman saying

"I cant beleive this whole time Chef only wanted us for the sex."

but, chef was my favourite character! I cant beleive what happened! I was so touched! Elton John at the funeral and mrs Garrison! Chef being a child molester was just, wrong. It cant happen. Its not possible. I mean, throughout the story, Chef just isnt right, even when he's sane. I know his VA isnt in, but, he could have gave at least some advice to the kids.

on a side note, does anyone else think the cartoons animation has greatly improved? I mean, the constant use of Isometric camera and stuff impressed me.

I miss chef. Couldnt stand to watch him die like that. It was like Kenny dying, except everyone cared. That was the most gruesome death in any southpark episode ever, even when kenny dies he doesnt seem to go through that much pain.

P.S, was there a massive convo like this when mr garrisons fancy new vagina came out?

P.P.S, was anyone upset when Wendy got a new voice actor?
Noggle82

Postby Noggle82 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:38 pm

Agaath95 wrote:
jjmac12345 wrote:Earlier I gave the episode a 10/10, I have to change it to a 9/10 only because Chef's parents were nowhere to be seen at the funeral. After Kyle gave his speech at the funeral he should've said, "And now Chef's parents would like to say a few words" Then they come up and tell a loch ness monster story of course.
I can only imagine that Matt and Trey simply forgot about them? There would be no reason they weren't at least in the audience. Or were they, and I missed it?
I'm almost sure Chef's parents were voiced by Isaac Hayes. They probably didn't have the right sound clips for a funeral speech.

How could anyone get that confused? Yes I'm a bit obsessed with the show. Chef's parents are perfect representations of Treys goofy ass voices he does all the time. Besides they talked about it on the Succubus commentary that Trey did the voice for the parents and how controversial it was for a white guy to be doing the voices of two black folks.
Cazz
A New Blood
S.D.M.F. 4 Ever
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:51 pm

Agaath95 wrote:I'm almost sure Chef's parents were voiced by Isaac Hayes.

Nope. I believe Chef's dad is voiced by Matt and his mom by Trey.

Darth-Chef wrote:I mean, throughout the story, Chef just isnt right, even when he's sane. I know his VA isnt in, but, he could have gave at least some advice to the kids.

When was there time for that? Seriously. Almost immediatly after he gets his mind back he's knocked out, and when the boys help him escape they're too busy running.
onlymeee

Postby onlymeee » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:05 pm

Was this supposed to mean something?

This:

Head Adventurer "William P Connelly" tells the story of their founder "William P Phineas."

What's the double "Wlliam P." reference? Willy P? Willie P?
killertomato1

Postby killertomato1 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:33 pm

I would like to see an appearance of L. Ron Hubbard coming to south park. He could play the evil pedophile emperor. At the end the could do the Jedi spirit thing showing Chef, Hubbard, and aliester Crowley.

I kinda took it as having Jedi as a religion was a step up from scientology? lol . Maybe Im just a geek.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:47 pm

Misty_Park_3R wrote:You never know, somtimes people get back on their meds and have a whole new outlook. ;)

This is assuming he was off his meds when he - or whoever spoke for him - issued his statement 11 days ago. I see no reason why he'd be off them if he's recovering from a stroke.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
vexille

Postby vexille » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:04 pm

I just saw the episode this morning. It had it's moments, although having him scorched, impaled and mauled to death is not my idea how to treat a character as revered as Chef. Nevertheless, by putting him in a Darth Vader-esque suit, that obviously reveals the possibility that Isaac Hayes might return to resume the character at a later date, should he so desires.
Calix Meus Enebriens "My Cup Makes Me Drunk"
Grizim

Postby Grizim » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:12 pm

See KSWF and the other guy who said something, it's kind of like the controversy of freedom of speach. A person says something outrageous or abnormal (you guys), then another person complains about what the "offender" said (I would be the complainer). Then, the offender flips out even move and complains about the fact that the complainer is complaining about what the offender originally said (wow what a mouthfull, but hopefully you understand what I'm saying). So in short, the offender is using his/her right to free speach, and the complainer is using his/her right to free speach too by whining. And the offender is using his/her right to free speach again when he/she complains about what the original complainer said. You're entitled to your opinion, but I am too, and if I feel like attacking you because of your thoughts I sure as hell will. Why? Because I'm an immature gothy pants who doesn't know any better, and the worst part is that I'm proud of it.
As enjoyable as abuse.
Stovepipe_Jam

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:20 pm

Personally, I was sickened by the way Chef was disposed of. This is coming from a violence fanatic who once spent half of his time on Ogrish.com, BTW. :shock:

And I don't mean the outraged type of sickening, which I like. I mean the pathetic type. I have very little hope of the show returning to its old glory now; I just hope it doesn't get any worse in the future. :cry:
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:39 pm

Stovepipe_Jam wrote:Personally, I was sickened by the way Chef was disposed of. This is coming from a violence fanatic who once spent half of his time on Ogrish.com, BTW. :shock:

And I don't mean the outraged type of sickening, which I like. I mean the pathetic type. I have very little hope of the show returning to its old glory now; I just hope it doesn't get any worse in the future. :cry:

Wah!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
prefertoremainanonymous

Postby prefertoremainanonymous » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:42 pm

Stovepipe_Jam wrote:his is coming from a violence fanatic who once spent half of his time on Ogrish.com, BTW. :shock:

that website is dark....

some of the stuff from that site is just inhumane and grotesque...how you can compare it south park i dont know...but yeah....sick sick website...

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”