*1001: The Return of Chef*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

revlismae

Postby revlismae » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:47 am

Bravo Matt and Trey... i couldnt have imagined a better episode...

not only was it funny as hell, but said everything that needed to be said (and continued to f*ck with scientology)...

it was perfect, you guys rock
FUJI50

Postby FUJI50 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:51 am

that was awesome. Kyle's speech at the end made you miss chef and agree that it was scientology that screwed his head up. great eppisode
Noggle82

Hats off to Matt and Trey

Postby Noggle82 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:51 am

Wow, how do they keep doing it? Season after season I keep saying it, how the hell are they gonna top that....from the Mormons episode, to Christmas in Canada, to Goobacks, to the Bloody Mary, I keep saying it, "there's no way they can top that", but once again they've done it. Calling Scientology believers child molesters was pretty much expected but to tie it all together (the events within the past few weeks) like they did was simply amazing. What I had to really give a hand to at the end of it all was making Isaac turning to Scientology and leaving South Park seem like he was Anakin turning to the dark side??!! Hell yeah, Matt and Trey, you are truly brilliant and my hats off to both of you and the rest of your team of writers, BRILLIANT!!!

Cazz
http://www.myspace.com/anewblood
Cazz8203@yahoo.com
Misty_Park_3R

Postby Misty_Park_3R » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:53 am

One086, I don’t think they are saying scientologists are child molesters, just that it doesn’t matter what the cause, “the fruity little club” is still insane. And they feel Issac is being brain washed.

That was a great episode; I laughed, I cried, I cringed a bit then laughed and cried a little more. Brilliant, they never used the word scientology, but yet we all know what was going on.
“20 yrs from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbour. Catch trade winds in your sails. Explore_Dream_Discover” TWAIN
Kyles_Baby

Postby Kyles_Baby » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:59 am

That....was.....so...awesome. WAY Better than "Two Days Before The Day After Tomarrow" EVER was! I thought I was gonna sh*t myself laughing at the fat black poledancer rubbing her tits and ass in Chef's face! :cartmanlaugh: But....how he died...was just SO SAD!!! :cartmancrying: That speech from Kyle was the most beutiful, saddest thing to have come from his mouth...I was so close to crying. ;-; Damn, too bad thats pretty much the end of him. :cry: *sigh* And yes, that was also a bit of a stab to Scientology when the leader of the Super Action Adventure Club started to explain thier "secrets". And guys, ALL of your predections came true!

- He WAS brianwashed by a "cult"
- He WAS killed off at the end

I just hope that the rest of season ten will be this riveting!
The BBS' #1 Diehard AC/DC fan! \m/
Muldoon13

Postby Muldoon13 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:01 am

I believe the child molester thing is a reference to Scientology's habit of accusing their critics of that.

They like to pass out fliers to people's neighbors calling them deviants and molesters and rapists and sh*t. The premise being that anyone who attacke Scientology is a criminal.

That episode was the PERFECT PAYBACK!
I_Am_Not_A_Brand_Muffin

Postby I_Am_Not_A_Brand_Muffin » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:02 am

My thoughts:

1. Am I the only one who thought that Chef being a walking soundboard was the greatest thing they've ever done with the character?
2. After seeing them put Chef's mutilated corpse on the table, did anyone else think, "We can rebuild him. We have the technology"?
3. Darth Chef may be the best thing I've ever seen.
4. What the hell was up with that detective humping the stuffed doll?
5. I'm still laughing over the following line: "*singing* I'm gonna make love to *cut, speaking* your *cut* assh*le *cut* children."
6. Chef's death was really, really disturbing.
Last edited by I_Am_Not_A_Brand_Muffin on Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
ncsu1

Postby ncsu1 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:02 am

Kyles_Baby wrote:And guys, ALL of your predections came true!

they always come through do they not?
ShesInParties

Postby ShesInParties » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:02 am

That was a great episode. Probably the most dramatic one ever, though. Wow.

That cleared a lot up about what was realling going on with the whole Isaac/Scientology thing.

I've always thought it was great how Matt and Trey could always parallel and satirize real-life issues in the show.
Last edited by ShesInParties on Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
All Hail The Dark Lord Xenu!
mtdman

Postby mtdman » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:04 am

Pretty good episode. Not great, but pretty good. Did not like that they went with the child molesting crap, I thought that was pretty crass and too easy. But I did like what the overall message was, that chef changed but it's still okay to love the good part of him, and that he's gone now. But the real question is, what happens with Chef Vader?
Locked Threads Suck
psnthewell12

Postby psnthewell12 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:05 am

are matt and trey masters of the alleghory i think so

all religion is really a bunch of bs
i think i speak for all of us when i say that all scientologists can die
Noggle82

Only one problem

Postby Noggle82 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:06 am

Only thing that kinda sux is really to enjoy that episode you have to completely understand whats been goin on between South Park and Isaac and all this Scientoloy backlash bull. For people that just tune in to watch and don't pay attention to all the media probably didn't understand what the hell was going on, now I gotta explain to all my friends when they watch it whats actually going on lol.....but still, BRILLIANT!!!!!

Cazz
http://www.myspace.com/anewblood
IBrokeTheDam

Postby IBrokeTheDam » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:07 am

truly a brilliant episode, I've never laughed so hard at an episode of South Park, and I LOVED the illusion to Star Wars!!!! I was hoping though that Chef would've gone all berserk like Vader did, and say something like, "Where are the children? Are they safe?" Man, most brilliant episode ever. Can't wait to read the negative opinions about this, but still, good to see some positive things, just as I feel.
I at first, was like, Oh lord what a gruesome death! but then they turned him into Anakin/Darth Vader, LOL
My biggest question is: This is too good of a story to simply just do in one episode!!!! Will they bring Chef back as a villain later on?!!!!!! And at the end they will unmask him like at the end of Return of the Jedi?
ChefVader: Leave me
Kyle: Come on we've got to save you!!
ChefVader: You already have.. children. Children, You were right about me children. You were right.
Vote or die!!!!
fscientology742

Postby fscientology742 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:10 am

i literally couldnt stop laughing. I honestly believe this is the best episode ever. MATT AND TREY STILL GOT IT
BadgerMilk816

Postby BadgerMilk816 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:11 am

o man that ep was awesome. basically saying f*ck you to issac hayes lol i loved it..it was kinda sad when chef actually died though i was kinda teary eyed..but i think this was the best way to handle it..you couldnt just have matt or trey do the voice for chef.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”