*1002: Smug Alert!*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Kyle's_Marklar

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:55 am

[quote="Stovepipe_Jam":311e1]Well, at least Clyde got a few lines. :)[/quote:311e1]

And Ike got some lines. I like how he looked when they were moving with his little hat on. :lol: He also had a new shirt in this episode, didn't he? And not just when they were in San Fran but even before that.
Remember... the more posts you have, the bigger your penis is!
MLZS__DA_SP_FAN

Postby MLZS__DA_SP_FAN » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:36 am

This episode was pretty good..

But def. NOT one of the best.. It had some parts, but I think we've seen most of it before?!?

I hope we'll get something a bit more "fresh" next week...
Spielautomaten kostenlos spielen durch meine Homepage!

DieAchse: Hier finden Sie Alles über Roulette online.

Ein Einarmiger Bandit macht immer spaß!
Hier gibt asSpielautomaten Spiele online!
nojo

Sniffffffff... Ahhhhhhh....

Postby nojo » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:57 am

I'm sure the episode didn't meet the high standards of many who post here, but I was too busy scaring the cat with my barking laughter at the fart jokes to catch half of it...

Which, I guess, is my standard: If I'm laughing so hard I fear complaints from the neighbors, I'm satisfied.
Agaath95

Postby Agaath95 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:01 am

I can't say I really loved this ep, but it sure was entertaining.

Things I liked:
- All the smuggy people
- Stan's song (very catchy XD)
- Global laming
- Cartman saving Kyle

Things I didn't like:
- Kyle taking Acid
- the fart sniffing (it got old after the 2nd time)

I'm probably not the only one who has noticed that Clyde's got a bigger role since the beginning of the second run of season 9. I hope they keep up with that. Clyde is too cool to be a prop.
MLZS__DA_SP_FAN

Postby MLZS__DA_SP_FAN » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:28 am

Agaath95 wrote:I can't say I really loved this ep, but it sure was entertaining.

Things I liked:
- All the smuggy people
- Stan's song (very catchy XD)
- Global laming
- Cartman saving Kyle

Things I didn't like:
- Kyle taking Acid
- the fart sniffing (it got old after the 2nd time)

I agree a long way down the line, but I liked the fart thing though :D and I didn't mind Kyle taking acid.. Global Laming was the best joke :) and Kyles song was catchy ;)
Spielautomaten kostenlos spielen durch meine Homepage!

DieAchse: Hier finden Sie Alles über Roulette online.

Ein Einarmiger Bandit macht immer spaß!
Hier gibt asSpielautomaten Spiele online!
spiritualsuicide

Postby spiritualsuicide » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:29 am

i liked the episode, it was funny and it wasnt about the chef/isaac controversy. finally a normal episode again.
Merry f*cking Christmas!
saying_shit

Postby saying_shit » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:51 am

kinda lame episode :(
kacy__sp

Postby kacy__sp » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:30 am

great episode!! I loved it. kenny was absent though, what's up with that?
and apart from the storyline the animation quality was killer, much improved from the crappy look of seasons 1-3 etc. which is not to say they were bad, it just proves the show's come a long way. I personally love the changes. it's more like a movie. I like the character development too-cartman saving Kyle's life? who woulda thought :P And Ike's role was f*cking sweet :lol: I want three!
the Stan/Kyle 'friendship' just gets cuter and cuter heh :P loved their little hug. Stan's song was beautiful, too. In a f*cked up sort of way xD one thing I noticed, he sure doesn't sound 9 years old singing that.

season 10 is going better than season 9 so far.. let's hope this continues. can't wait for next week :)
ImageImageImage
PatrickvD

Postby PatrickvD » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:40 am

Things I liked:

- George Clooney's Acceptance Speech Smug Cloud. Comedy Gold
- People smelling their own farts, that reminded me of the 'crapping out their mouths' thing they did in Red Hot Catholic Love.
- Cartman saving Kyle, that was brilliant, amazing character development. Also Cartman going into San Fran in the suit.
- Global Laming
- every word that came out of Randy's mouth since he's my favorite character
- Ike's lines.

Things I didn't like
- nothing
ClaustrophobicSting

Postby ClaustrophobicSting » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:50 am

I don't know if anyone's noticed this yet, but if you pause the intro sequence of the new episode at the group pose by the South Park sign, Darth Chef is just to the left of the sign.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:55 pm

PatrickvD wrote:Things I liked:

- Cartman saving Kyle, that was brilliant, amazing character development.

Things I didn't like
- nothing

Think again...

"I didn't do it for Kyle." He did it for himself. Butters just isn't Kyle, so making fun of Butters just isn't like making fun of Kyle, 'cause Butters just doesn't get pissed off the way Kyle does, and Cartman missed that quite a bit. :)

iceiwynd wrote:I liked the episode. Ike was complete win here. He was probably my favourite part in the whole thing... ahah. XDD "I'm totally tripping more. I'm totlly trippin mor." Finishing Kyle's sentences and "I'll take fwee!", man, I love that kid. D:

It was "I'm totally tripping balls. I'm totally tripping balls." :lol:

Tweeks_Coffee wrote:The rest of the episode was okay, not hilarious. I can't take them destroying Kyle anymore, first 901 and now this. Sure, they made him give a "funny comment", but c'mon. That's totally against his character, really any of theirs, but especially Kyle. Remember 4 years ago when they were opposed o any kind of drugs?

You know you need a break from the show when you've taken a character to heart, and then they mess with him in ways you don't like.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
JDG128

Postby JDG128 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:09 pm

[quote="ClaustrophobicSting":819e7]I don't know if anyone's noticed this yet, but if you pause the intro sequence of the new episode at the group pose by the South Park sign, Darth Chef is just to the left of the sign.[/quote:819e7]

I was thinking ahead of time to look for that so I noticed. They also finally changed Mr. Garrison to a waving Mrs. Garrison, which really they could've done starting with 902.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:17 pm

[quote="Big-Will":73e30][quote="iceiwynd":73e30]I liked the episode. Ike was complete win here. He was probably my favourite part in the whole thing... ahah. XDD "I'm totally tripping more. I'm totlly trippin mor." Finishing Kyle's sentences and "I'll take fwee!", man, I love that kid. D:[/quote:73e30]
It was "I'm totally tripping balls. I'm totally tripping balls."[/quote:73e30]

Well, I've been corrected. :P I hear "more" but I'll pay closer attention next time.

Been thinking a bit more about the episode and I think I may have actually liked The Return of Chef a bit more (I'm just waiting for my avi torrent to finish, though, so I can see it again). I mean, it made me laugh a lot more, and it had a plot more evenly spread out among the four boys, and I tend to like those kinds of stories more than the other ones.

And as M00n pointed out earlier, same here that hybrid cars aren't really a big issue for me (I don't have to deal with smugness or anything - I live in Calgary, Alberta... we're all freaking [i:73e30]huge[/i:73e30] oil nuts), whereas what they were going to do with Chef I had much more interest in. So... eh. I still loved the episode, yeah.

The dramatizing over George Clooney's smug cloud hitting the South Park-San Fran one was awesome, though.
cartman'sbitch

Postby cartman'sbitch » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:18 pm

I loved it and so did my son.l

My favorite bit was when they said that George Clooney's smug speech was setting off the perfect smug storm.

Brilliant and funny!! Kudos! xxxoo
Tea

and again I'm so impressed with Trey and Matt's courage. I'm tired of everyone else always talking about how wonderful clooney is when all he seem slike to me is an absolute arrogant smug prick!'

I think he plans to run for office some day I really do!
Mr. Mackey MMMKay

Postby Mr. Mackey MMMKay » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:34 pm

It was a pretty funny episode.

I laughed everytime someone would say "THANKS!" when they were in their Hybrids :lol: Also when Cartman sang the "NaNaNa" Song :lol: AND how can you not laugh at the parts when they would smell their own farts :lol:

"You want red or white wine?"
"I'll just take an empty glass..."
"Okay....."
[Guy then farts and sucks it into the glass and begins to sniff :lol: ]

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”