*1002: Smug Alert!*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

mitch.connor

Postby mitch.connor » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:57 pm

I thought the episode was ok... but i feel the season is still just firing up, im sure it'll get funnier soon. It was better than return of chef because to be honest I didnt really enjoy that episode all that much, it was written merely to serve the purpose of giving matt and trey's view of isaac leaving.
Dont get me wrong, i was still laughing thru this episode (eyes closed when talking, fart smelling, san francisco, and when that guy asks for an empty glass!!) but it was more of a heh heh than the usual lmfao iam used to when watching sp.
Disapointed kenny wasnt in the show, but did anyone else notice mr.adler from shop class in the crowd near the end? i hope he gets another appearance!
Ike also said more than i think he ever has before, maybe he'll get more involved in future episodes? I hope so!
Another thing, anyone think George Clooney will quit the show now?? I mean, doesn't he do the voice for cartman's cat?!! :)
"you think you slick you punk-ass, blasphemous dope-fiend bitch. I had my jimmy whacked 7 times last week."
kylelover52610

Postby kylelover52610 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:13 pm

I on't care what any of you guys say, Kyle on acid was super funny, Stan's lil song there rocked, and it was just an all-around great episode.
Ike was awesome too, I wanna watch it again tonight!

Some of you people take this to the head. It was funny, God shut up.
If you don't like the show anymore, then stop watching it and polluting SPS with your critiquing, it was good and you know it....
:roll:
*Prepares to get flamed*
cartmanspeedzone

Tom reference

Postby cartmanspeedzone » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:19 pm

Anyone notice the Tom reference? It's not obvious, but if you recorded it slo-mo the cable car scenes.

Great episode, I give it 3.5 out of 4!
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:23 pm

Jay Leno voices Mr. Kitty, George Clooney voices Sparky. Clooney has shown not to suck so much in the past, though, so I doubt he'll make a huge deal out of it.

Kylelover52610, the only reason you'll get flamed is because you're telling people to stop having their own opinions and to join you in praising the episode to death. If somebody doesn't like it, don't tell them to shut up. They have as much right to voice their opinion as you, probably even moreso now after that stuck up little comment. I don't agree with people not liking certain parts of the show based on certain factors (minor character not appearing? That's not a big deal there. People say all of the time that it's not Cartman's show, well, it's not Tweek's, Clyde's, whoever's, either. I like the background appearance of some of the characters, like Mr. Adler - it's happened twice in a row now - but if a minor character doesn't appear I'm not going to get pissy over it. I'm not attacking anyone, I'm just saying I think giving that more attention than a little complaint is over the top, but that's my own opinion on it).

Anyway, I just watched the episode again, and I loved it. For some reason, it's always better the second time around for me. I laughed more at the sniffing up their farts thing this time, and I thought Kyle and Ike (especially Ike) taking acid was hilarious.

"Hello there, I'm Ranger McFriendly! ... *SLAP* YOU SON OF A BITCH!" I loved Ranger McFriendly. :D

Oh, and I have a question for you American folk who actually get to see it on TV: Are there credits with the episode? On the downloads none are showing up, but the Braniff logo is.
King of the Crab people

Postby King of the Crab people » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:29 pm

That episode was awsome south park just keeps getting better and better 8)
[url=http://drchainsaw.co.uk/forum:309e2][b:309e2]drchainsaw.co.uk forum![/b:309e2][/url:309e2]
Join us...
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:06 pm

Is it just me or does Ike get increasingly cool with each appearance?
JesusComplex

Postby JesusComplex » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:09 pm

iceiwynd wrote:
Anyway, I just watched the episode again, and I loved it. For some reason, it's always better the second time around for me. I laughed more at the sniffing up their farts thing this time, and I thought Kyle and Ike (especially Ike) taking acid was hilarious.

"Hello there, I'm Ranger McFriendly! ... *SLAP* YOU SON OF A BITCH!" I loved Ranger McFriendly. :D

Oh, and I have a question for you American folk who actually get to see it on TV: Are there credits with the episode? On the downloads none are showing up, but the Braniff logo is.

They play the Braniff logo first and then shove the credits to the side so they can talk about the show coming on next. Which is usually Carlos Mencia. It kind of creeps me out because there is no music...just that weird logo. :lol:

I agree with your take on the episode 100%. I loved it when Gerald would go "Thankss!" hehe...

Denton is pretty smug too...because it's full of the college know it all hippies. It has two major universities in one town...it gets pretty damn smug around here. They have an environmental fair and it just oozes that "holier than thou" attitude. :lol: But as much as I love to rip on Denton...I still love it.
JesusComplex is a girl *rawr*
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:31 pm

Just watched the episode then, and noticed Darth Chef at the start ;) It was a great episode, and again Kyle was the voice of reason :D There was loads of little 'hard to notice' gags in there too which I liked, like Randy saying "This is simple stuff here Gahl!" :lol: And Kyle & Ike on acid "THE ACID! Dude... I'm totally tripping balls..." :lol: I LMAO at that, and Clooney's acceptance speech smug "The perfect storm of self satisfaction" XD

And everyone blaming it on Stan's 'Gay little song' was funny too :D I'll talk more about it later when I'm not tired ;)
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
DestinyBlue

Postby DestinyBlue » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:03 pm

I was one of those who thoroughly enjoyed The Return of Chef and think it would be pretty hard to top it this episode, im glad it was on a completly different topic though...

Im mixed about the episode.. it wasnt bad, but the premise, though clever, didnt really have that spark for me. Im glad the episode didnt get preachy about global warming or hybrid cars.

Meh im really mixed- I liked the butters/Cartman thing.. though usually when they are together its more than hilarious (Casa Bonita/Awseom-o/Deach of Cartman) and it was quite funny but no where near as good and any Cartman/Butters scene in those. Still it was nice they worked togather and didnt fall out at the end like they usually do :)

Global Laming was funny XD

I think perhaps more could have been made of the scene where Stan says goodbye to Kyle- It seemed more focused on the adults and Hybrids where as I would have liked to have seen a touching scene where the boys said goodbye or were dragged away from each other or something... im all for emotional stuff ;) Stan and Kyle are best friends and Kyle just walks away from Stan when his dad says get in the car, he doesnt say goodbye or anything...

I liked the fact that Cartman rescued Kyle, even if it was for himself. I also thought it was hilarious that Cartman threw a going away party because Kyle was leaving and didnt invite him. Brilliant :D

Perhaps its a good thing Kenny wasnt in the episode- because I hope it means he gets an episoide where we see where he was all that time! He must be somewhere... theres no way they would just leave him out of an episode for no reason and not explain it... I dont think its even happened before... well im keeping my fingers crossed :D Or perhaps Kenny already moved away and no one cared... ;-;

I also hadnt heard Geroge Cloonys speech so that was kinda lost on me. The fart thing was pretty funny... but I was eating at the time and it made me feel a bit sick XD

Overall: 6-7/10 not awful by far but it just didnt spark me

EDIT: wow I just realised how much id written XD ha, well done if you bothered to read all of it ;)
drewstarr

people now people now

Postby drewstarr » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:10 pm

Thanks for posting Stan's song!
Can someone post a WAV file of Ike saying "I'm totawee twipping bawz" ?? My fiancee and I were still pissing our pants this morning laughing at that.

come on people now, people now. People now, come on people now. Got to drive hybrids, people now. People nooow people now people now. Hybrids are for people now people now. Group of people driving people now. Get a hybrid be good people now. We have all got to be people now. People driving hybrid, people now. People now, people now hybrid now. Hybrid people driving people now. Come on people, let's be people now. Hybrid people driving people now. Come on everybody be people now. Come on everybody be people now.
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:16 pm

DestinyBlue wrote:I think perhaps more could have been made of the scene where Stan says goodbye to Kyle- It seemed more focused on the adults and Hybrids where as I would have liked to have seen a touching scene where the boys said goodbye or were dragged away from each other or something... I'm all for emotional stuff ;) Stan and Kyle are best friends and Kyle just walks away from Stan when his dad says get in the car, he doesnt say goodbye or anything...

I thought that myself, would have been really fitting to see a scene where they were ripped apart from each other or something.

Although if you look as Gerald's driving away, you see Kyle looking over the seat with his palms pressed against the glass. Heartbreaking... :(
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
gregh2k5

Postby gregh2k5 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:28 pm

KennyStanWendyFan wrote:I thought that the episode was pretty decent. A few funny parts here and there, nothing that particularly bothered me, other than the obvious fact that Kenny didn't appear. I wasn't really bothered by Kyle doing acid... at least, I don't think that ruined his character. At least he was clean by the end of the episode. Cartman and Butters were great in this episode. Stan was also pretty good. This episode turned out better than I expected from the summary, and I was going to complain about the fact that Matt and Trey never gave any real argument against hybrid cars, but then Kyle saved that aspect of the episode with his speech at the end in defense of the hybrid cars and how we should drive them without acting like we're better than everyone else. Overall, I give this episode an 8/10.

My thoughts exactly. Kyle doing acid didn't change anything, it was just a joke for christs sake. Good ep review. I give it an 8 as well.
SPF4L#1

Postby SPF4L#1 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:54 pm

Liked it. Not one of the best, but still a very good episode IMO. Pretty funny in parts and wasn't too similar to some other episodes the way I'd predicted it would be. My disappointment from 1001 has been revoked with what was a decent episode all around. Impressed here.

Also, I still fail to understand how some people can be put off an entire episode (or even show in this case) by such a small detail. Kyle takes acid (it fits with the storyline and everything) but that makes the entire episode monkey sh*t. I just don't get why people grow so attached to certain characters in the show and react so strongly to what happens to them.
If you can be bothered...please check out this poll:
http://misterpoll.com/4270026923.html
Rikimaru

Postby Rikimaru » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:01 pm

I feel sorry for chef, completely owned by a mountain lion, a cliff and a bear. I wish chef would come back because he had such unique songs but ah well. You can download the Return of Chef at http://www.southparkx.net check it out
South Park owns all! Good Time with Weapons is amazing. My favourite catchphrase is...respect my authoritah!
sleeping8s

Postby sleeping8s » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:01 pm

it was a decent episode, not one of my favorites.

who was the kid that told stan its a miracle. about kyle still being alive and back in south park? didnt recognize him.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”