*1002: Smug Alert!*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:08 am

Well, at least now no one can say that the old episodes were all fart jokes and that the show has matured beyond that sort of thing in recent years. :lol:

Nah, I'm indifferent about fart jokes. I don't think they have the make-or-break ability that people think they do. But why am I discussing that anyway?

So yeah, this episode wasn't bad. I'd say it's about Season 8 quality.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:11 am

Loved the parody of what looks like 102.3 KCUV. The station in reality plays AAA/Americana. That type of music is listened to by preppy people in Starbucks.

Stan's what sounds like a remake of Youngbloods - Get Together was hilarious.

Kyle & Ike's LSD trip was hilarious.
Stan and Kyle :)
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:14 am

I just couldn't really relate to the episode..Why? Because buying a hybrid car isn't an issue for me..I do care about the environment, but I am not going to be buying a hybrid anytime soon.. I can't afford a hybrid or a gas guzzling SUV. I am poor. I take public transportation, which is also good for the enviroment, but you don't see me being smug about it, because our bus service is a pain in the ass. I am too worried about making it to work to really take time to be "smug" not helping to pollute the air. And, my job is low paying, so alot of my earnings go to rent..I might be getting a car soon, one my family might be giving me if they actually keep their word. I don't know anyone with an SUV or a Hybrid, no one else I know can afford one either, most of them are lucky to afford a used car.. Anyway, I feel that this episode is one that might probably be hard to relate to for people who don't live in towns populated by smug hybrid driving aging hippies, or for people who can't afford a choice between SUVs or hybrids anyway. Seems more like an episode people who live in LA or San Franciso, and who have decent paying jobs can relate to..Basically what I am saying is I feel that Trey and Matt have maybe lost touch with a huge segement of their audience.

P.S..revlismae can piss off..
xum700

Postby xum700 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:15 am

Cant say this was the more funnier then Chef Vader...but its definitely among the funny ones...

George cloony -- oscar smug ;);)

Global Laming .....some real thought process has gone into making this episode....
Do you have a problem with me ??
Report the complaint by calling 18**-KISS-My-S
Van_Hellsing

Postby Van_Hellsing » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:37 am

[quote="M00ndragon69"e0]I just couldn't really relate to the episode..Why? Because buying a hybrid car isn't an issue for me..I do care about the environment, but I am not going to be buying a hybrid anytime soon.. I can't afford a hybrid or a gas guzzling SUV. I am poor. I take public transportation, which is also good for the enviroment, but you don't see me being smug about it, because our bus service is a pain in the ass. I am too worried about making it to work to really take time to be "smug" not helping to pollute the air. And, my job is low paying, so alot of my earnings go to rent..I might be getting a car soon, one my family might be giving me if they actually keep their word. I don't know anyone with an SUV or a Hybrid, no one else I know can afford one either, most of them are lucky to afford a used car.. Anyway, I feel that this episode is one that might probably be hard to relate to for people who don't live in towns populated by smug hybrid driving aging hippies, or for people who can't afford a choice between SUVs or hybrids anyway. Seems more like an episode people who live in LA or San Franciso, and who have decent paying jobs can relate to..Basically what I am saying is I feel that Trey and Matt have maybe lost touch with a huge segement of their audience.[/quotee0]

Yah, nice points there, personally I would really enjoy an episode based around how crappy bus services seem to be these days.
(overblown in M&T's comedic style of course)

Well, at least this episode wasn't [ie0]too [/ie0]drastic.

Wow, what a gr gr great audience.
Kyle's_Marklar

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:39 am

Better than the Return of Chef. I thought it was o.k., not too bad.
Remember... the more posts you have, the bigger your penis is!
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:40 am

Thank you. :D :D
BlindHamster

Postby BlindHamster » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:43 am

uncle bob wrote:...trust me it is hard to have a good episode when Cartman and Butters are secondary, they can pull it off sometimes...

That's just one of the most inane comments ever.
It's not the Cartman show, it's South Park.
Remember, back in the day, when they kind of... you know... started, with a completely different Cartman that didn't have such a significant role in a lot of the episodes...
You can't tell me those episodes weren't great, episodes like Big Gay Al's Boatride, Death, Damien, Chef's Chocolate Salty Balls, Summer Sucks, Cow Days, Sexual Harassment Panda and way, way more.
Those episodes were hilarious and did not have Butters and had Cartman as one of the four or a secondary character.
They can make an episode with Cartman and Butters as secondary characters that's still funny.

I liked this episode, for some reason it wasn't as surreal to me as the previous one and nearly all of the previous season.
I just loved it and I especially loved Ike's part in it.

I R IN UR FUTUER PLYAING UR WII.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:58 am

I liked the episode. Ike was complete win here. He was probably my favourite part in the whole thing... ahah. XDD "I'm totally tripping more. I'm totlly trippin mor." Finishing Kyle's sentences and "I'll take fwee!", man, I love that kid. D:

Yay. Craig and Token had lines. ^__^ I'm happier about them having lines that Clyde, because he's been getting a lot more attention now. Where was Kenny, though?

Butters as replacement Jew was pretty good. And Cartman was great throughout the whole thing. Loved his role and his get up. And George Clooney, oh man George Clooney. Was anybody else hoping for a Sparky appearance when he was mentioned?

Gerald was absolutely hilarious in the beginning, I found, but I didn't like all of the smug people sniffing their own waste up. That... I didn't like that part. There's me not liking gross humour again. Other than that, though, everybody going crazy and smuglike was pretty funny. It's great that Kyle got a good word in at the end. Two for two so far! I love that kid, he's getting more attention now, and not in a negative light like in 901.

Seriously, though. Ike. Best part. Whole thing.

And Stan is the greatest song writer in the world. At least it's catchy. XDD

I'll probably come back to debate/provide more insight/etc when I'm actually allowed on the computer agian. If my parents found me discussing this I probably wouldn't be allowed to stay on later on Wednesday nights to discuss. :< So I'll be less of a gibbering giggly fangirl in the morning. (Probably not, but hey, at least I've gotten the initial squee out of the way. :P) I'll have a chance to actually read other thoughts in the morning.

Awesome to see South Park destroyed again, though. That hasn't happened in a while.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:11 am

iceiwynd wrote:And Stan is the greatest song writer in the world. At least it's catchy. XDD

"Come on people now, smile on your brother everybody get together try to love one another right now"

-The Youngbloods (hippie song for sure)

Here's an MP3 of Stan's song. Its too good to not post.

http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1YKW ... OF0QXTKDSA
Stan and Kyle :)
IAteMyParents

Postby IAteMyParents » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:18 am

I can't wait until the end of this run. They've said, and I agree, that in the beginning of a run they think about it, and it's good and all, but at the end, they just come up with some crazy sh*t on the fly and it always turns out better, and funnier.
Olivia42

Postby Olivia42 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:26 am

iceiwynd wrote: And George Clooney, oh man George Clooney. Was anybody else hoping for a Sparky appearance when he was mentioned?

I'd completely forgotten that Clooney was a big supporter of SP. Thanks for reminding me. I wonder if he's still a fan...
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:34 am

Olivia42 wrote:
iceiwynd wrote: And George Clooney, oh man George Clooney. Was anybody else hoping for a Sparky appearance when he was mentioned?

I'd completely forgotten that Clooney was a big supporter of SP. Thanks for reminding me. I wonder if he's still a fan...

I wonder that myself...I don't know crap about his Oscar speech, and I don't care..I like some of him movies..Mostly From Dusk Til Dawn..
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:45 am

Last I checked, he still is. Making fun of his acceptance speech is nothing compared to making fun of Tom Cruise's sexual preference. :D
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Kyle's_Marklar

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:49 am

I'm sure he can take a joke. If anything, he's honored they mentioned him. :lol:
Remember... the more posts you have, the bigger your penis is!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”