*1003: Cartoon Wars*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

crab_people21

Postby crab_people21 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:29 am

dood f*cking awesome i like the sand thing more me 2 lol :twisted: :D :D
Van_Hellsing

Postby Van_Hellsing » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:29 am

A lot of the above points are true but come on people, the main point here is blatently saying: WARS ABOUT CARTOONS ARE DUMB.

I'm sure both Matt & Trey know about how some fans get really serious over both SP & Family Guy, IMO anyway.

Wow, what a gr gr great audience.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:38 am

aeb1barfo wrote:Substitute " South Park " for " Family Guy " and things become a LOT clearer..... :twisted:

You don't say...
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
MLZS__DA_SP_FAN

Postby MLZS__DA_SP_FAN » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:02 pm

Do you guys think their going to do the second part in next weeks episode?
Spielautomaten kostenlos spielen durch meine Homepage!

DieAchse: Hier finden Sie Alles über Roulette online.

Ein Einarmiger Bandit macht immer spaß!
Hier gibt asSpielautomaten Spiele online!
handlyhamster

Postby handlyhamster » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:28 pm

Got to agree with you here.

music__elitist wrote:I have my doubts about there actually being a conclusion to this episode...
Last edited by handlyhamster on Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
handlyhamster

Re: I loved it

Postby handlyhamster » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:35 pm

Uhhh, you totally missed the point of this episode and please put a leash on your indulgent kudo's.

Thaaaaaankkkks...

Jesskatedd wrote:Here's what I posted on the original thread for Cartoon Wars, just one hour after the episode was announced:

"When I saw the title of the episode, I thought maybe this would be about the muslims rioting over cartoons overseas. I've been expecting Trey and Matt to do something about that. I'm just wondering if somehow they can make Family Guy offend people and start riots. I hate to think it's just going to be them dissing Family Guy. I guess we'll all have to wait and see Wednesday night."

Not bad for my first post on this site. I guessed the plot outline, but still I loved the way Matt and Trey lampooned America's tepid response to the cartoon riots overseas, took some more shots at that fruity club that has been giving them crap, plus they whacked the hell out of Comedy Central at the end of the episode! I bow to the masters.
bulrog2004

Postby bulrog2004 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:10 pm

two fathoms deep wrote:people, please give up the whole tom cruise thing. he may have tried to have them shelve an episode, but he's not the first person to try and stop south park..... i'm sure he won't be the last either.

but he and his fruity little club ALSO killed chef... remember?

MLZS__DA_SP_FAN wrote:Do you guys think their going to do the second part in next weeks episode?

i hope so... the million year war has to continue
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:21 pm

After I went to bed and my giggling over the episode died down a little, I thought that there might not even be a part two, and I'd be seen as an idiot for posting that I absolutely can't wait for next week. At least, I think I posted that on here... maybe it was just LJ... anyway. I dunno, I'm eager for Sunday/Monday now, though, where they can announce it for us. I sure hope there's a part two.

Please, please tell me nobody thought Cartman was serious when he was talking in that episode, because that's the impression I got from a few of the posts here. Come on. In any long-drawn out speech, whatever... I just thought that was even funnier because it was obvious that he was spewing bull. Come on, hearing him say, "It's wrong! It's wrong. It's wrooonnngggg," was enough.

Man, Kyle is getting a LOT of attention this season, isn't he? Next thing you know instead of people bitching about all the numerous Cartman episodes (of which I have no idea what they're talking about) or the Stan ones (Trapped in the Closet? Bloody Mary? Oh noes, a whole two?), people will be bitching about too much Kyle. He does have pretty graphic dreams though, doesn't he? I mean stabbing Jesus, and now him and his brother exploding. Man. I remember, the first time I saw that scene, I was in shock and thought that they might actually be killing Ike, but the second Kyle got effected I knew that it was a dream.

Oh, and seeing a live action terrorist guy dissing Family Guy like that was absolutely brilliant. Those parts were hysterical.

The last time I laughed so consistenly during an episode was Free Willzyx, which was the last time I was really, really excited when an episode summary was posted.

And Kenny DID get a line. One line. I recall somebody saying he didn't get any, nope, it was sometime after they got out of school where Cartman made the one good point for pussing out ("Is it worth it to have people die, just so you can have your joke?").

I wanna go watch the episode again. Wish the .avi torrent would download faster. D:

The extreme dramatizing of Kyle and Cartman's race was also equally hilarious.
kylelover52610

Postby kylelover52610 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:35 pm

iceiwynd-
"I remember, the first time I saw that scene, I was in shock and thought that they might actually be killing Ike, but the second Kyle got effected I knew that it was a dream. "

Ditto!
Personally, I thought it was a great episode, the beginning with Stan and his mom was precious, and the rest just kinda went perfectly, I loved and can't wait till next week. :D
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:19 pm

Wow, I see lots of threads of people complaining about the new episode, more than usual. Complaining about new episodes is my job, dammit, and this episode ROCKED!

I started it off with an 8/10 due to the slow beginning, but the funny parts that the episode had (while there were gaps between them) were hysterical. The Family Guy spoof was accurate, the bike chase scene was entertaining, and... yeah, I'm going to boost the episode's rating to a 9/10. 1001 was the funniest episode of the season thusfar, but I'd have to say that this one is my favorite of the season overall, at least for now.

EDIT: I forgot some other parts I liked. I liked Mrs. Garrison's Muslim sensitivity class. I also liked some of the ironies in how the characters would denounce Family Guy for being an insensitive cartoon that would portray a religious figure when South Park has done that on several occasions (including their use of Mohammed in Season 5). I also enjoyed Cartman's speech (which was basically Matt and Trey speaking through him) about how he tries to relate jokes to a story while Family Guy uses random, interchangeable scenes. Which brings me to this next point:

South Park is a better show than Family Guy for the very reason that it has better plots. Family Guy is more consistently funny due to the WTF factor (which sometimes fails and ends up being more stupid than funny), but the plots aren't very well-written. South Park was right about Family Guy just having random, interchangeable scenes scattered about, while South Park relates its humor to the plots. South Park may sometimes focus too much on the plot which leaves parts almost devoid of jokes, but when South Park scores a hit, it is above and beyond any Family Guy episode.
Last edited by KennyStanWendyFan on Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SPF4L#1

Postby SPF4L#1 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:26 pm

LOVED it. Best of the season so far...really funny, mostly all the way through. A few minor criticisms but mostly I just thought it was great classic SP humour, and as someone who doesn't like Family Guy at all, I appreciated M&T's depiction of it.

A lot of criticism as usual though. I have no problem with that...it's all a matter of opinion, but I will say one thing. I think maybe a few people are overlooking some of the jokes and the classic SP humour that was in this episode, and they're just being put off by the message/purpose of the episode.
If you can be bothered...please check out this poll:
http://misterpoll.com/4270026923.html
Twist101

Postby Twist101 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:51 pm

from rburgandy:
I work over here at Fox Animation on American Dad and we're all actually pretty excited to see it. We've known about it for quite some time (Originally this episode was supposed to air before "Smug Alert"). We've also heard that it may be a two part episode.

I think the second part will push through. It would be repetitive if they pulled another Terrance and Phillip; besides, Matt and Trey seemed like they didn't want to do something like that ever again.

In my opinion, the only way for the second part to not push through would be if Comedy Central indeed "pusses out". In any case, I'm really hyped up for it, can't wait for when the press release comes out, so we'll know for sure. Damn Trey and Matt for making us all so paranoid. :P

A couple of things I noticed in the "next episode preview":
-Cartman says "This... explains everything..." I cannot for the life of me figure out what's going on from that statement alone. Something weird: when Cartman walks up to the screen, he gets bathed in an eerie greenish-blue light. Hmm... One thing for sure: obviously, we do know Cartman gets there first.
-Sand is mentioned again, and the entire country starts sticking their heads in it. The news reporter asks where they'll get the sand. I'm thinking they're gonna get it from the Muslims, and without sand, the Muslims become friendly in the end. Or something.
-Cartman/Kyle fist-fight. Apparently people have already rioted and stuff, since buildings are burning in the background. I'm guessing that's when Cartman and Kyle meet again; Kyle is pissed off and immediately starts beating Cartman up. Cartman, on the other hand, is trying to explain the whole family-guy-writer thing since he's not fighting back.
-"Will the cartoon be allowed to appear uncensored?" Probably. "Will Family Guy be destroyed?" Knowing South Park, it most likely will be. "Will television executives fight for free speech?" At first they'll be cowards, then fight back at the last second.

"Or will Comedy Central puss out?"
Jeez, I seriously hope not, otherwise everything I've written will have been for nothing.

</end Team America music>
spiritualsuicide

Postby spiritualsuicide » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:02 pm

that was certainly a good episode. looks like season 10 is gonna be one of the best.

i liked how they parodized the mohammed cartoon crisis, and that terrorists statement about family guy. that was hilarious. i also liked how cartman got all serious, but it turned out that all he wanted was to get family guy off the air. the race between cartman and kyle was also funny. overall really good episode. i think there will be a second part.
Merry f*cking Christmas!
xum700

Postby xum700 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:04 pm

i m really amazed at the number of people saying this episode was not funny !!!

If u have any kind of sense of humor and are able to grasp the actuall messages that are being said ...then u will be laughig your ass off....
Do you have a problem with me ??
Report the complaint by calling 18**-KISS-My-S
TruthInTheCity

Postby TruthInTheCity » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:17 pm

I have to agree with many of you who say the episode was the best episode of the season yet. Lately it seems like SP is getting too serious and doesn't throw as many jokes as we'd like to see but this episode brings back the classics and yet is still pretty funny. The family guy bashing funniest part; they do use the whole peter flashback to something stupid irrelevent to the plot an awful lot sometimes to where its the whole show. I'm just glad SP decided to blame this all on the crappy new writers, I wonder if the green light is some giant computer with all the old writers brain's and their ideas are the same for the show but just in a different random order that skips like a record and copies other TV shows, but then again it wouldn't explain the cubicals? Maybe, they're anarchicists and they're the ones who destroy the studio? And will comedy central show the prophet Muhammand? Probably not again... either way this episode put me on the edge of my seat.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”