*1003: Cartoon Wars*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:04 pm

I wonder if Super Best Friends will ever air again after the controversy over those Danish cartoons... well, at least I have it on my Season 5 DVD set, plus you can easily download it off the internet.
TiffanyD

Postby TiffanyD » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:05 pm

rabidpenguin wrote:There was a family guy where at the end Peter walked like a South Park character so Trey and Matt should rip on Family Guy.

Wasn't Family Guy making a joke in that episode about how because of some joke they made, FOX was going to cut their budget and that's why Peter was walking like that?
God Bless Us Everyone
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:07 pm

^Yes, the joke had nothing to do with South Park.
Jonike

Postby Jonike » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:47 pm

AHahahha that was a good episode, i've not read all the 13 pages but all i can say is: The family guy crew can ONLY be .... Crab people! Please! This must be a world domination tactic from crab people!
cartman'sbitch

Postby cartman'sbitch » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:49 pm

Big-Will wrote:
cartman'sbitch wrote:Trey hasn't updated his site in a long time but recently he has added stuff to it, and the bycot of the MI3 movie is on there with an address.

You know that's not actually his site, right? Everything that's not this site is a fan site. Trey and Matt do NOT have their own sites out there.

I had no idea. I really did think it was since it was so generic. I thought it was something he may have thought about doing but really never had time for it....

So, is it some trying to sell him his url name back to him I wonder?
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:52 pm

This episode better have a second part and they better show the prophet Muhammad. Kyle said it all, "No, Muslims aren't allowed to show depictions of Muhammad."

And Cartman's anti-Family Guy speech was great. Exactly what I was looking for. The other speech about believing in Free Speech but not defending it was also great. Inspirational.

And I never thought I'd say this, but I pretty much agreed with everything that terrorist had to say. Quite insightful. For someone who walks around with laundry on his head, at least.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
SPF4L#1

Postby SPF4L#1 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:59 pm

I really hope the writers don't turn out to be crab people. That would be far too predictable, considering that a lot of fans seem to be guessing that outcome. Matt and Trey usually like to do their own thing, without the fans interfering or having any influence, but with so many people expecting to see crab people, that wouldn't be such a funny resolution IMO. The concept of leaving us on a cliff-hanger was a good idea, but it's left time open for speculation as to who or what the writers will be and that means that the answer is going to have to be particularly amazing if it's going to "wow" the fans.
If you can be bothered...please check out this poll:
http://misterpoll.com/4270026923.html
fredhits

Postby fredhits » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:05 pm

im gonna guess its moses- there was a blue green sort of like- like moses in the sbf episode

also it would 'make sense' that the jewish faith would somehow be involved- i dont know how exactly it would work but i can see this happening
vdmeer

Postby vdmeer » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:09 pm

i really loved this episode :o can't wait for next week, i hope the writers are crab people, maybe its predictable but it would be hilarious.

I also had a question... What song was the one you heard on the end of the epsiode at the "next week on southpark" part where the newsreporter was talking? i thought it was a soundrack of a movie but can't remember which one..
MissingOctober

Postby MissingOctober » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:11 pm

KennyStanWendyFan wrote:South Park is a better show than Family Guy for the very reason that it has better plots. Family Guy is more consistently funny due to the WTF factor (which sometimes fails and ends up being more stupid than funny), but the plots aren't very well-written. South Park was right about Family Guy just having random, interchangeable scenes scattered about, while South Park relates its humor to the plots.

-In a Peter Griffin Voice- That reminds me of the time I blah, blah, blah, blah.

Lol. The one time- The one time I watched "Family Guy" my favorite show of all time does an episode just ripping on them. I can't believe it! I never watch that stupid show and I watched it Sunday and then this!

Anyway, the episode is funny. I'm watching it now and haven't finished it yet, but so far I'll give it a 8.9/10. It's funny but I have to say it's another insider episode. We're all here b/c we're die-hard fans and we take the time to search new stuff about Matt and Trey. There are other fans, though, who just watch the show and don't have time to search South Park stuff online. This was obviously an insider episode which kind of isn't fair. It's good they reference old stuff, though. It makes me feel special because I know what they're talking about and doing, which helps my self-esteem. : )

And Kyle's dream: I seriously was like "Oh my god! What are Matt and Trey doing!?!" At first I was like, "They have to find Ike!" And then they did and then- !!! Also, I've noticed Matt's been doing a lot more of the voices. It's pretty nice and different. I like it. I also like the angles they've been trying out. For ex: When Mrs. Garrison and Gerald Broflovski turned their heads at the meeting and on the last episode how that guy looked on his computer when they were all learning about the Smug!

EDIT: Okay, I'm at the end now with the chase. The angles are being overused. -_- Zzzz
cartman'sbitch

Postby cartman'sbitch » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:21 pm

And Cartman's anti-Family Guy speech was great. Exactly what I was looking for. The other speech about believing in Free Speech but not defending it was also great. Inspirational.

I loved it too. Very well done there.

The other quote I liked was, "If we're alive in the morning we won't be dead". Or something like that. I don't have the ability to remember lines to perfection like my kid does.

I have never watched or enjoyed Family Guy. I really only like southpark and other cartoons on nick like The Fairly Oddparents.
I like Simpsons -- but I ain't crazy about it. I am crazy for SP though. It's such a breath of fresh air with all the garbage on t.v. today.
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:28 pm

Cartman's "This explains everything" line almost seemed like a Lost parody.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
rankorder

Postby rankorder » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:16 pm

Whut? There was a new episode last night?

Cereal mode: Holy jesus licking my balls, I think they even ripped on the kitchen sink last night.

Warning: Don't TiVo stupid shows or you'll catch the AiDeS. :wink:
Jesskatedd

Re: I loved it

Postby Jesskatedd » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:08 pm

[quote="handlyhamster"]Uhhh, you totally missed the point of this episode and please put a leash on your indulgent kudo's.

Thaaaaaankkkks...

Hamster - on the original Cartoon War thread, I correctly guessed the plot. It was a six page thread, and I was the only person who mentioned the Muhammed cartoons. Everyone else was obsessed with the South Park/Family Guy feud. That is only the subplot - the censorship of just about every media outlet worldwide over the Muhammed cartoons is what this episode was about. How did I not get what the episode was about? Yes, it ripped Family Guy. Yes, it ripped scientologists. Yes, Family Guy is a proxy for South Park. But the big story is the Muhammed cartoons. I think Trey and Matt are going to make a grand statement about this issue. I believe they are thinking globally on this one and not just taking potshots at Family Guy.
Cartman_91

Postby Cartman_91 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:14 pm

Just Finished Watching This Episode (Dowloaded). Best Episode Of The Season By Far. I Loved it. The Chase Scene Was Classic. I would Give it a 9/10

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”