*1003: Cartoon Wars*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

sage_emerald

Postby sage_emerald » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:31 am

I found the episode to be quite fun.
Cartman's speech about making fun of religion...
"...I am just a little boy, that is a cartoon seen by millions..."
and Kyle's reaction, priceless.
Cartman's speech about how Family Guys humor is,
reminded me so much of how people saw South Park in the past.
How they would just lump it in with Beavis and Butt-head,
Ren and Stimpy...any cartoon that was just crude humor,
for they did not know the true nature of the beast.
I remember getting yelled at for liking SouthPark,
seeing BLU twice in the theater.
People in my life, thought I was an evil, horrific person
for what they saw as so much filth.
I was in it for what they could not see,
the intellegence and satire of society.

Then the other thing that was interesting to me about this episode was how they seemed to be talking about "South Park" and it's fights, rather than FG.

I really enjoyed this episode.
no bleeps... :D
If you were animated, I would understand.
http://sajinokami.blogspot.com/
airmancoop44

Postby airmancoop44 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:31 am

I liked this ep... no, I loved it! It was funny, had an EXCELLENT plot, and the Kyle/Cartman scene was probably the best scene of the series. It was at least animated the best. Loved the fact that the ep 'will' be a two-parter, which I predicted before the last segment aired. Can't wait for part two, should be awesome. Everything they said about Family Guy was dead-on, and I'll admit I like the show (nowhere need South Park). The Cartman and Kyle feud has been used so much, yet was used perfectly in this ep. 10/10, pending the second part.

Also liked the TA:WP music, and all the parallels to Matt and Trey's own life.

I agree, Season 10 is shaping up to be pretty great.
sage_emerald

Postby sage_emerald » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:43 am

nec wrote:After watching lastnight's episode, I've finally come to the conclusion that Cartman is never going to have a conscience. Of course, he had Scott Tenorman's parents killed, tried to start a genocide in the town, kidnapped Butters, tried to start another genocide in 'Ginger Kids', etc. But when he saved Kyle last week, I thought he was changing a little. But he hasn't changed and is never going to change.

He brought Kyle back purely for himself. Cartman needs Kyle.
If Kyle is not there for him to rip on, his life would lose meaning.
All four boys need each other, to make it work. Even Kenny.
It is all in the Chemistry.
:gaykenny:
If you were animated, I would understand.
http://sajinokami.blogspot.com/
Knuerr2003

second time

Postby Knuerr2003 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:16 am

The second time watching this episode was more funny. The first time was kind of to shocking and I rarely laughted but this time I am watching it more f*cked up than last time but I am laughing more. I guess that is better
phaze1

Postby phaze1 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:24 am

Best episode of the season so far for me and one of the best ending lines ever!! I loved this episode, 11/10.
Dey teok aur jaebbsss!!!!
Dude Cartman Rocks

Postby Dude Cartman Rocks » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:24 am

Read my sig guys! :lol:
cvitt04

Does anyone else feel like we are in for a big suprise?

Postby cvitt04 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:49 am

are matt and trey setting up to reveal an image of mohammed on national tv??? i think thats what they might be doing, why else would they have taken the shot at comedy central in the last scene when they ask, "will comedy central ever air a religious cartoon" or something along those lines. what do you think?
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:57 am

Probably. At least, I hope so.

I don't see why it's as big of a deal, though, since they've shown Muhammed before. I think I'm going to watch The Super Best Friends when I get home from school tomorrow, at this rate.
surreal2626

Scientology anyone??

Postby surreal2626 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:08 am

Dude all i have to say is how much i've loved south park from the get go, up to this day. Since the beginning of season 10 it's been making fun of scientology. Definitly loved the underlying meaning in the Cartoons Wars episode. Subtle but obvious to what it's making reference to (Tom Cruise going to network executives at Viacom...what a lameass)
lifeandotherlies

Postby lifeandotherlies » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:23 am

You f*cking idiots...Matt and Trey and I'm sure a lot of other people (possibly of a certain level of intelligence) DON'T like Family Guy; it's alright (better than most of the sh*t out there, but that's not saying much), but it is not even comparable to the intellectual humour (including how good the writing is, and not just the content). Matt and Trey are making fun of Family Guy and they hate being compared to them just as I hate people comparing Family Guy when I (or we) talk about South Park.

Part of who they are making fun of is you people that have Family Guy as their second favourite show!
[/code]
something that explains what I am
ASSpen,CO.

Postby ASSpen,CO. » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:40 am

Dude it was awsome, Matt & Trey are totally ripping on Comedy Central for pussing out on the scientology episode rerun that didn't air, and also getting at Family Guy referrences on how South Park is just like Family Guy humor...... :cry:
(_._) assh*le !
PleiadesNova

Re: This could be interesting...

Postby PleiadesNova » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:52 am

nickmaudlin wrote:Matt and Trey are challenging Comedy Central. Here's what I expect from Part 2: Pure chaos. They're provoking a riot. They're basically telling CC that they're going to give them something worth pulling...The backlash will be severe....

Bloody Mary and Trapped in the Closet aren't shown anymore on Comedy Central, but at least they were shown once...Comedy Central will probably show Part 2 once and then pull it...I wouldn't be surprised if M&T leave CC, but that is just my personal conjecture...

BTW Isn't it strange that they made Cartman and a Muslim terrorist hate Family Guy?
I've learned something today...
Kyle's_Marklar

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:52 am

iceiwynd wrote:Probably. At least, I hope so.

I don't see why it's as big of a deal, though, since they've shown Muhammed before. I think I'm going to watch The Super Best Friends when I get home from school tomorrow, at this rate.

Yea but that was different. It wasn't actually making fun of Islam in any way. If they show it this time, it'll be different because it's right after that whole Danish cartoon fiasco and they know M&T are doing it to just to piss them off. The first time they showed Muhammed, people didn't even care or even know Islam forbids the drawing of Muhammed. Now, it's different. I'm not saying I'm afraid of what the extremists will do because they won't do sh*t, but I'm just saying that it's quite not the same as the first time they showed Muhammed.
Remember... the more posts you have, the bigger your penis is!
Kyle's_Marklar

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:07 am

Here's the parts I like and disliked.

Liked:
Family Guy Parady
Ike scene
When Cartman says "How would you like it if there was a show that made fun of Jews?"

Disliked:
Cartman's dialogue and his overall view on the whole situation was corny. Even though he did it just to get Family Guy off air, I still hated it when he acted nice and caring. This of course caused him to say corny things very un-Cartman like. :roll:

The whole over-exaggeration by the towns-people wasn't very funny at all. They did it too many times before.

I didn't like the episode. I know I only mentioned 2 things that I disliked but if you look at it, Cartman acting nice and the over-exaggeration of the townspeople was pretty much the whole story. I don't want to be negative but I just thought they could of done a lot better with what seemed to be a great idea.
Remember... the more posts you have, the bigger your penis is!
workman_02

Postby workman_02 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:16 am

When Kyle decides to help Cartman, Cartman asks "So what made you change your mind?"
Kyle replies, "I got some sound advice, from an old friend."

Is this a chef reference?

Anyway, this show is all about censorship, not family guy. They do take some shots at family guy, but most of the are pretty obvious flaws in the show and some are even shots that apply to both south park and family guy. Family guy is used because the shows have similar views on censorship and free speach and family guy is used as the south park of the south park world. None of the family guy very offensive and not cartoon war worthy.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”