*1003: Cartoon Wars*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

JokerBrown

Postby JokerBrown » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:31 am

How much you guys wanna bet that the Family Guy writing staff... Crab People.
Last edited by JokerBrown on Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
You're drunk, Mr. Hat!
Gary Bushwell

Postby Gary Bushwell » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:40 am

[quote="Corn Wallace":94e50]Is this the first time that they showed George Bush in an episode?[/quote:94e50]

Definitely not.
The only specific appearance I can recall off the top of my head is the Super Best Friends episode, but I'm know there are more.
Gary Bushwell

Postby Gary Bushwell » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:47 am

If you are like me and don't keep up with current news events, here are a couple articles I found helpful in answering some questions I had after watching Episode 1003:

About the controversy over the Danish cartoons depicting Muhammad.

The actual cartoons themselves (see halfway down in the article).

You have to understand.... it even took me a while to realize that Family Guy was not actually showing an episode depicting Muhammad. We don't have TV at my place, so its hard for me to hear about these things.

All in all, a great episode. How awesome it is to get a 2-part episode!! Its been a really long time since we last saw one of those; although it was surprising they would do a 2-parter on this issue. It seems like 2-part episodes are usually reserved for subjects dealing more directly with the world of South Park (the question of Cartman's father, for example).

It will be interesting to see how this turns out. I hope there will not be any real trouble between Matt & Trey and the network execs over future shows. It would blow donkey nuts if the recent issue between South Park & Scientology expanded (or repeated) and eventually led to the show's breakup. The potential exists...
nojo

Postby nojo » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:56 am

JDG128 wrote:I don't get a lot of people's uncertainty over whether there will be a part two.

The joke, sir, the joke: "Will Comedy Central puss out?" Promoting a Part Two that doesn't exist would be a dig at the suits for yanking two earlier episodes because of an obnoxious fading movie star and a thin-skinned board member.

There may very well be a Part Two planned; I just think it makes a better gag if there isn't.
nickmaudlin

Postby nickmaudlin » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:06 am

There is (assuming the Comedy Central commercial was accurate). Check out my "It's Official" topic for more info.
restless_438

Postby restless_438 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:13 am

alright, as i've always read these 'episode reaction' threads, i thought i'd finally join the ranks of posters here so i'm looking forward to this...

so far i've loved the 10th season, and "Cartoon Wars" didn't disapoint..

my Ep 3 reaction:

right from the get go with Stan's dad panicking got me cracking up quick.. "JUST GET THE GUN!!"

funny how Butter's parents forgot about him and they didn't bother even showing him (almost makes the part funnier)

the family guy parody was pretty good and seemed pretty on point (i agree with whoever said earlier that Trey and Matt were basically living through Cartman)

Kenny's little "Like What?" line made me giggle

i thought Butter's dad's speech was great, then in come's Stan's dad with "I like the sand idea"

another funny line, where Cartman tries to flee from Kyle with the "Oh my god is that Tim McGraw?"

all and all, i think Trey and Matt were actually pretty decent towards Family Guy (i'm a fan of FG as well, btw)

i'm very confident that there really will be a part 2 because today (thursday) comedy central was running promos for wednesdays episode

to end, THANK GOD Ike is alright..
themissingpatient

Postby themissingpatient » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:35 am

Cartoon Wars rocked!!

There better not be a second part, the end of the episode gave away everything that is going to happen.

BUT if there is a second part those clips at the end of last episode better be irrelevant. The less SP makes sense the better.

And if the writers of Family Guy end up being Crab People, they might as well have Matt and Trey in the episode beating a dead horse.

IS IT TRUE "Trapped in a Closet" was pulled from re-airing on Comedy Central?

I am from Canada, lol, anyways, this friday will be the fourth friday in a row they play "Trapped in a Closet" on The Comedy Network, the Canadian version of Comedy Central.
J. Tyler
nickmaudlin

Postby nickmaudlin » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:39 am

Nice. ;) It's good to know that at least the Canadians are setting an example.
rankorder

Postby rankorder » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:59 am

Heh, during the show last night, it's ironic how that peabody thing worked itself in a commercial.

I know this was spoken of previously but it's important to note again.

And, I might be too stoned but, props to Battlestar Galactica on getting one too.

fartadickout.
MikeStupid

Postby MikeStupid » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:06 am

I loved this episode... I think it had levels of depth and meaning that haven't been seen since the movie. Just a few thoughts...

I think it's interesting that FG is now South Park in the South Park world, since in older episodes it was Terrance & Philip.

I think there definitely will be a second part, otherwise this entire episode will have been a waste. It's clearly building to something and to leave it without a resolution, even for the joke, would be counter to the point they've made about freedom of speech.

Oh, and what was the deal with the fruit roll up line? Was that just a random one-off or did it have some meaning that went over my head?

Oh yeah, and this is my first post here. Hi.
The_Paper_Boy

Postby The_Paper_Boy » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:27 am

If there is a part two of this episode, the writiers won't be Crab People. They have done that joke before.

This episode was awesome. Best episode in season 10 so far.
IneedBoutTREEFIDDY

Postby IneedBoutTREEFIDDY » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:38 am

The_Paper_Boy wrote:If there is a part two of this episode, the writiers won't be Crab People. They have done that joke before.

That doesn't mean they won't do a callback, but I doubt they'll use crab people. The secret will probably be something the family guy writers use to write Family Guy.
Setting the standard since 1852
bulrog2004

Postby bulrog2004 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:59 pm

Gary Bushwell wrote:
Corn Wallace wrote:Is this the first time that they showed George Bush in an episode?

Definitely not.
The only specific appearance I can recall off the top of my head is the Super Best Friends episode, but I'm know there are more.

and in "southpark is gay"
sdikblack

Postby sdikblack » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:28 pm

and in "ladder to heaven"

but the face of mr. bush isn't the same as the another eps
Misty_Park_3R

Postby Misty_Park_3R » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:38 pm

Big-Will wrote:
cartman'sbitch wrote:Trey hasn't updated his site in a long time but recently he has added stuff to it, and the bycot of the MI3 movie is on there with an address.

You know that's not actually his site, right? Everything that's not this site is a fan site. Trey and Matt do NOT have their own sites out there.
That is what I thought.

Hey, maybe Muhammad will be the writer of Family Guy in part two. (I see TweeksCoffee thought this as well)

Killahertz9 wrote:Here's to next week and mud in your eye.
Dam Killa, how am I supposed to see with all this mud in my eye?

I just thought of one favorite thing from the episode. It happened at the end, while the question mark was on the screen, during the question as to whether or not CC will puss out, that sound of (possibly) a steel hammer striking an anvil or ding sound, I love that sound (as well as the puss out question)

workman_02 wrote:When Kyle decides to help Cartman, Cartman asks "So what made you change your mind?"
Kyle replies, "I got some sound advice, from an old friend."
Is this a chef reference?
I thought this was Kyle’s way of saying Cartman is his friend even through all the hard times.

rankorder wrote: fartadickout.
Is that how you un-tuck yours? :chodaboy: ;)
“20 yrs from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbour. Catch trade winds in your sails. Explore_Dream_Discover” TWAIN

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”