*1003: Cartoon Wars*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

nickmaudlin

Postby nickmaudlin » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:55 pm

Well, I guess I'll just add my 2 cents here. ;)

Firstly, this will almost DEFINATELY tie in to the riots. I'm sure of it. Matt & Trey won't miss the opportunity to show their opinion of that. They seem to enjoy recent events.

I can also predict this turning into a "war". No not a war between fans trying to decide "which is better", I'm talking about a war between the creaters. After "The Simpsons Already Did It", The Simpsons sent back an episode that indirectly related to South Park. Family Guy will no doubt do the same thing. It could be like ping-pong with the two shows taking stabs at each other. Who will come out on top? ;) lol We'll have to see...

Since this is a Cartman-Kyle episode, Kyle will no doubt be the one offended, and Cartman will be harass him. Due to Kyle's logical nature, I'm willing to bet Family Guy will do something a little more ridiculous then draw Muhammad (something as offensive as the child molestation in 1001). Then Cartman will no doubt do everything he can to support the show. Perhaps Cartman will join Family Guy? I can just imagine a showdown between Stewie and Cartman. :D

And it will involve the rest of the town too no doubt. Will they try to censor the show? The idea of Cartman fighting censorship is funny...
theantisheizt

Postby theantisheizt » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:05 pm

Wow, theres nothing cooler than ranking your favorite tv shows over and over. Is it second or third? Maybe first? Can we have a tie for first? To tell you the truth, south park is so good that its my first, second AND third choice. Frecird. thats what it is.
missycartman

Postby missycartman » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:35 pm

iceiwynd wrote:
If they're arguing about Family Guy the whole time, then I bet it'll be Cartman for it, and Kyle against it. I mean, Kyle's been the voice of reason two episodes in a row now, and Matt and Trey hate Family Guy. Why break Kyle's streak?

sounds about right :)
or they could be arguing over who the biggest Family Guy fan is .. you know like we get on this board ..
im soo the biggest South Park fan here :roll:

maybe .. im not mystic missy . :wink:
rabidpenguin

Postby rabidpenguin » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:28 pm

It might be one of those episodes where Cartman wins a bet with Kyle and acts like $20 dollars is a big deal.
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:28 pm

Kyle's_Marklar wrote:
rabidpenguin wrote:That sounds like a great episode, Family Guy's porbably my second favorite cartoon. There was a family guy where at the end Peter walked like a South Park character so Trey and Matt should rip on Family Guy.

Where they actually taking a stab at South Park? I don't think so. I think it was just a coincidence.

I think he's referring to the end of Lethal Weapons when Fox cut Family Guy's budget (not really, it was just a joke) and Peter trotted away crappily and said "I'm gonna go get a beer." I doubt that was a reference to South Park though.
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:14 pm

I really hope it's Cartman who's against Family Guy.

That or that the two of them are arguing over who thinks the show is more gay.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:47 pm

From the Press Release:
Why does Cartman hate "Family Guy" so much?

Kyle loves "Family Guy" and hates Cartman. The two boys embark upon a mad chase across the country and the fate of "Family Guy" lies with the first boy to reach Hollywood in all new episode of "South Park" titled "Cartoon Wars," premiering Wednesday, April 5 at 10:00 p.m. on COMEDY CENTRAL.
nojo

Postby nojo » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:51 pm

Matt did say in a recent interview that he called his lawyer the moment he heard about the riots -- he thought they were based on a South Park episode, not Danish cartoons.

Which also provided his stock response to whether SP would take on the issue: SP has already pictured the Prophet.

Still, the riots would be the likely underlying issue this week. But I'm holding out for the possibility that Family guy is a stand-in for South Park itself, and the real subject is...

Us.

[The episode update was posted while I was writing, in case I look utterly clueless. Which I usually am...]
Last edited by nojo on Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Paper_Boy

Postby The_Paper_Boy » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:53 pm

Sounds even better. I'm looking forward to this episode. And I'm glad that it's a Cartman episode (with Kyle in it too).
gmac

Postby gmac » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:58 pm

More info has come! they aren't ripping on FG, they're tributing it! :D
Guru Askew

Postby Guru Askew » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:25 pm

More info has come! they aren't ripping on FG, they're tributing it!

Uh, don't count on any sort of "tribute". Matt & Trey HATE "Family Guy". Check out this quote:

South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone have expressed their discontent at being put at the same comedic level as Family Guy. When questioned about the meanest thing anyone ever said to them, Stone replied "When people say to me, 'God, you guys have one of the best shows on television. You and Family Guy.' That f*cking hurts so bad", to which Parker agreed: "Very well said. It's such a kick in the balls."
nojo

Postby nojo » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:37 pm

Let's see if I've got this straight:

1. The Simpsons crew hates Family Guy for stealing the cutaway gags.

2. Trey & Matt hate Family Guy because -- what? -- Seth's a better singer?

3. Half the people here hate South Park because it's not as funny as it used to be.

4. The other half hate The Simpsons because it's not as funny as it used to be.

Thus, I can only come to one conclusion:

Cripple Fight!
Guru Askew

Postby Guru Askew » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:44 pm

nojo wrote:Let's see if I've got this straight:

3. Half the people here hate South Park because it's not as funny as it used to be.

Cripple Fight!

1: Yes, plus the fact that "Family Guy" sucks.

2: No, they hate it because it sucks and it's insulting to be compared to something that sucks.

3: No, people hate "South Park" because they're whiny little bitches.

4: See above.

Postby Default » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:47 pm

nojo wrote:Let's see if I've got this straight:

Cripple Fight!

1. The Simpsons hate Family Guy because they rip them off all the time.

2. ???

3. These people are either 13, or retarded. The South Park I love are the Seasons 4 and up, Seasons 3-1 are embarassing and stupid.

4. That may be true, but it is still funnier than 95% of the sh*t on TV right now.
aristottlesdeathwish

Postby aristottlesdeathwish » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:53 pm

I think family guy sucks compared south park. South park dares to tackle bigger issues that family would never touch on. Sure its pretty funny, but when it comes down to it, i think south park has more heart than any of the shows on right now.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”