*1003: Cartoon Wars*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Kyle's_Marklar
Posts: 1747
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:08 pm

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:49 pm

Stovepipe_Jam wrote:To me, the South Park I loved was about life in general, about what it's like to be a kid, about real life problems that individual people today face. Now it's all a combination of movie parodies, political opinions, money, and viewer ratings. :roll:


But for me, that's not even all of it. I don't mind if the show is about an interesting world event. That's o.k. with me but atleast make it funny. Through out this whole episode, they just expressed their views on censorship and Family Guy. A person's opinions aren't funny.

Make jokes to get us to laugh, not by just expressing your opinions. (I'm talking about M&T)
Remember... the more posts you have, the bigger your penis is!
Stovepipe_Jam
Posts: 4611
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:20 am

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:49 pm

cheesypoofs857 wrote:What ever happened to the South Park we grew up with? What happened to the crappy animation and fart jokes? I mean, the South Park I grew up with had giant mechanized Barbara Streisands, and a talking piece of sh*t, and Jesus killing Iraqis and flaming farts. What has become of them? :(


You're 13. You would've been like 5 or something when the show came out.

But other than that I agree with you. SP has not been the same anymore.
cheesypoofs857
Posts: 1477
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:07 pm

Postby cheesypoofs857 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:56 pm

Stovepipe_Jam wrote:You're 13. You would've been like 5 or something when the show came out.

But other than that I agree with you. SP has not been the same anymore.


I know :lol: But still, SP was know for its cheap animation and holding the record for most swearwords. Now, we have live-action explosions and 3D animation. If Trey and Mat continue what they're doing, there will be no SP left. :shock:
Image
Someone wrote:Lies! None of the guys on here have seen real women!
Stovepipe_Jam
Posts: 4611
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:20 am

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:58 pm

Kudos for that blunt explaination, CP. :D
The_Paper_Boy
Posts: 1098
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:54 pm

Postby The_Paper_Boy » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:31 pm

Stovepipe_Jam wrote:I sometimes feel as if the people on the BBS are saying this new episode is fantastic because it's SP. If this was done on any other show, nobody here would like it because it just wasn't funny. But since it's Kyle and Cartman fighting, you think "well, that's gotta be funny because it's Kyle and Cartman. Hey look it's Cartman saying 'suck my balls'. That's the funniest thing I've ever heard. Oh God, Mrs. Garrison just said ass crack. Woah, hilarious."


I have never laughed at an episode so hard that I started to cry, atleast not in season 9 or 10. This doesn't mean I don't have to not like the episode. Meh, I can laugh out loud sometimes and smile at some of the jokes. Yet, I absolutely enjoyed the chase in this episode. No, I never thought the chase was funny, I don't think that's what Matt & Trey were trying to do at some of the parts. Although, I did laugh a bit when Cartman shouted "Suck my balls, Kyle." I never laughed at the bit where Cartman said "How would you feel if a cartoon made fun of jews all the time, Kyle." Or something along the lines to that. It was still good because that's what South Park does sometimes.

You see, not everyone is a douche like you. We don't depend on South Park to make us laugh every single week a new episode comes out. It'll be hard for Matt & Trey to make you like every single episode, eh? Quite an accomplishment if they do succeed that. Write them a letter, maybe they'd be kind enough to change South Park just for you. :roll:

Maybe we should make an official bitch thread where people can bitch about episodes, and the people that don't give a flying f*ck about what you think don't need to look.
Last edited by The_Paper_Boy on Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stovepipe_Jam
Posts: 4611
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:20 am

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:32 pm

The_Paper_Boy wrote:
Stovepipe_Jam wrote:I sometimes feel as if the people on the BBS are saying this new episode is fantastic because it's SP. If this was done on any other show, nobody here would like it because it just wasn't funny. But since it's Kyle and Cartman fighting, you think "well, that's gotta be funny because it's Kyle and Cartman. Hey look it's Cartman saying 'suck my balls'. That's the funniest thing I've ever heard. Oh God, Mrs. Garrison just said ass crack. Woah, hilarious."


And also, you see, I didn't write that quote. You did.
The_Paper_Boy
Posts: 1098
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:54 pm

Postby The_Paper_Boy » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:36 pm

Stovepipe_Jam wrote:And also, you see, I didn't write that quote. You did.


Actually, I never. It was in one of Kyle's_Marklar's posts. I tried to look back to one of your posts, but it wasn't there. If you show me proof that I wrote that down, which I never 'cause I should know, then I'll give you a cookie.
Stovepipe_Jam
Posts: 4611
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:20 am

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:39 pm

The_Paper_Boy wrote:
Stovepipe_Jam wrote:And also, you see, I didn't write that quote. You did.


Actually, I never. It was in one of Kyle's_Marklar posts. I tried to look back to one of your posts, but it wasn't there. If you show me proof that I wrote that down, which I never 'cause I should know, then I'll give you a cookie.


Okkkkkaaaaaaaaay...........so why did you say it was me then?

Oh I see. You hate my opinions but you can't figure out a way to bitch about them, so you borrow someone else's ideas and tack them to me. Nice. :lol:
The_Paper_Boy
Posts: 1098
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:54 pm

Postby The_Paper_Boy » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:42 pm

[quote="Stovepipe_Jam":316e5]Okkkkkaaaaaaaaay...........so why did you say it was me then?

Oh I see. You hate my opinions but you can't figure out a way to bitch about them, so you borrow someone else's ideas and tack them to me. Nice. :lol:[/quote:316e5]

I'll translate this into another language: Eu signifiquei que Kyle's_Marklar o citou que diz o, e eu tentei olhar para trás a seu. Mas eu pensei que você editou seu borne assim que não estava lá anymore. Assim eu citei o borne de Kyle's_Marklar e mantive apenas o bocado onde você disse aquele.

In other words: I meant that Kyle's_Marklar quoted you saying it, and I tried to look back to yours. But I thought you edited your post so it wasn't there anymore. So I quoted Kyle's_Marklar's post and just kept the bit where you said that.
Kyle's_Marklar
Posts: 1747
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:08 pm

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:46 pm

The_Paper_Boy wrote:
Stovepipe_Jam wrote:I sometimes feel as if the people on the BBS are saying this new episode is fantastic because it's SP. If this was done on any other show, nobody here would like it because it just wasn't funny. But since it's Kyle and Cartman fighting, you think "well, that's gotta be funny because it's Kyle and Cartman. Hey look it's Cartman saying 'suck my balls'. That's the funniest thing I've ever heard. Oh God, Mrs. Garrison just said ass crack. Woah, hilarious."


I have never laughed at an episode so hard that I started to cry, atleast not in season 9 or 10. This doesn't mean I don't have to not like the episode. Meh, I can laugh out loud sometimes and smile at some of the jokes. Yet, I absolutely enjoyed the chase in this episode. No, I never thought the chase was funny, I don't think that's what Matt & Trey were trying to do at some of the parts. Although, I did laugh a bit when Cartman shouted "Suck my balls, Kyle." I never laughed at the bit where Cartman said "How would you feel if a cartoon made fun of jews all the time, Kyle." Or something along the lines to that. It was still good because that's what South Park does sometimes.

You see, not everyone is a douche like you. We don't depend on South Park to make us laugh every single week a new episode comes out. It'll be hard for Matt & Trey to make you like every single episode, eh? Quite an accomplishment if they do succeed that. Write them a letter, maybe they'd be kind enough to change South Park just for you. :roll:

Maybe we should make an official bitch thread where people can bitch about episodes, and the people that don't give a flying f*ck about what you think don't need to look.


Isn't the point of this thread to say what we think about the new episode. Just because my comments are negative, that doesn't mean by opinion counts any less than the retarts who post in all caps and say "THIS EPISODE ROCKED." Atleast I have something different to say.

If it's not to make you laugh, then why watch it? It's a comedy show, not a political show. I'm complaining because all the new episodes of season 10 sucked, not just this one.
Remember... the more posts you have, the bigger your penis is!
The_Paper_Boy
Posts: 1098
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:54 pm

Postby The_Paper_Boy » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:49 pm

Kyle's_Marklar wrote:Isn't the point of this thread to say what we think about the new episode. Just because my comments are negative, that doesn't mean by opinion counts any less than the retarts who post in all caps and say "THIS EPISODE ROCKED." Atleast I have something different to say.

If it's not to make you laugh, then why watch it? It's a comedy show, not a political show. I'm complaining because all the new episodes of season 10 sucked, not just this one.


Oh, so it was you that said it? :lol:

Yeah, that's the topic. I'm just disagreeing with your opinion. I respect it, but I'm still allowed to disagree. And I'll admit, the show has gotten worse, yeah.

The show is a comedy. I was just saying that don't expect Matt & Trey to make every single episode funny.
Kyle's_Marklar
Posts: 1747
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:08 pm

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:51 pm

The_Paper_Boy wrote:
Kyle's_Marklar wrote:Isn't the point of this thread to say what we think about the new episode. Just because my comments are negative, that doesn't mean by opinion counts any less than the retarts who post in all caps and say "THIS EPISODE ROCKED." Atleast I have something different to say.

If it's not to make you laugh, then why watch it? It's a comedy show, not a political show. I'm complaining because all the new episodes of season 10 sucked, not just this one.


Oh, so it was you that said it? :lol:

Yeah, that's the topic. I'm just disagreeing with your opinion. I respect it, but I'm still allowed to disagree. And I'll admit, the show has gotten worse, yeah.

The show is a comedy. I was just saying that don't expect Matt & Trey to make every single episode funny.


Yea but this isn't the only crappy episode of the season. That's why I'm complaining. And when you called me a douche, I'm pretty sure that meant you don't respect my opinion.
Remember... the more posts you have, the bigger your penis is!
The_Paper_Boy
Posts: 1098
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:54 pm

Postby The_Paper_Boy » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:59 pm

Kyle's_Marklar wrote:Yea but this isn't the only crappy episode of the season. That's why I'm complaining. And when you called me a douche, I'm pretty sure that meant you don't respect my opinion.


No, I respect your opinion. "I sometimes feel as if the people on the BBS are saying this new episode is fantastic because it's SP." When you said that, and something else, it pissed me off. That's why I called you a douche.
Kyle's_Marklar
Posts: 1747
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:08 pm

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:02 pm

The_Paper_Boy wrote:
Kyle's_Marklar wrote:Yea but this isn't the only crappy episode of the season. That's why I'm complaining. And when you called me a douche, I'm pretty sure that meant you don't respect my opinion.


No, I respect your opinion. "I sometimes feel as if the people on the BBS are saying this new episode is fantastic because it's SP." When you said that, and something else, it pissed me off. That's why I called you a douche.


That's cool... I still feel like that quote is true but we're both entitled to our own opinions. :)
Remember... the more posts you have, the bigger your penis is!
airmancoop44
Posts: 5580
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:59 pm

Postby airmancoop44 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:45 am

I think I know why so many of you don't like the new episodes... You've matured. If you were young when you watched Season 1, you wouldn't get all the political references and movie parodies, etc. You thought it was all about the 4 boys and just jokes.

As time goes by, you mature. You are aware of politics, current events, movies, and other random stuff. You don't see the plain toilet humor anymore, you see more. Chances are, you aren't used to this change, and blame South Park for becoming too political. When, in fact, it is you who has changed.

Movie parodies have been the center of entire eps since "Volcano", and current event/political issues have been at the center since before Season 5.

It's true that those types of eps are much more common now, but that's what happens when you have over 100 episodes and already deal with the topics of divorce, death, holidays, circumcision, fads, nose jobs, the tooth fairy, moving up a grade, curse words, cripples, and condoms. Why not move on to current issues?

(As for my opinions, I didn't watch the show religiously until season 6... after that I watched every episode. The show hasn't changed that much, it's still South Park. This may be because I didn't mature with the show, but I honestly think it was, is, and will be a great show.)

PS: The use of "you" in the above 'rant,' if you will, was entirely plural.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest