*1003: Cartoon Wars*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Kyle's_Marklar

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:52 am

airmancoop44 wrote:I think I know why so many of you don't like the new episodes... You've matured. If you were young when you watched Season 1, you wouldn't get all the political references and movie parodies, etc. You thought it was all about the 4 boys and just jokes.

As time goes by, you mature. You are aware of politics, current events, movies, and other random stuff. You don't see the plain toilet humor anymore, you see more. Chances are, you aren't used to this change, and blame South Park for becoming too political. When, in fact, it is you who has changed.

Movie parodies have been the center of entire eps since "Volcano", and current event/political issues have been at the center since before Season 5.

It's true that those types of eps are much more common now, but that's what happens when you have over 100 episodes and already deal with the topics of divorce, death, holidays, circumcision, fads, nose jobs, the tooth fairy, moving up a grade, curse words, cripples, and condoms. Why not move on to current issues?

(As for my opinions, I didn't watch the show religiously until season 6... after that I watched every episode. The show hasn't changed that much, it's still South Park. This may be because I didn't mature with the show, but I honestly think it was, is, and will be a great show.)

PS: The use of "you" in the above 'rant,' if you will, was entirely plural.

No, I watch re-runs of South Park all the time. In fact, I haven't seen some episodes of South Park and when I watch the re-runs for the first time, I love them. However, I don't like these new episodes.
Remember... the more posts you have, the bigger your penis is!
airmancoop44

Postby airmancoop44 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:54 am

Any reasons?

It twas a theory...
JokerBrown

Postby JokerBrown » Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:40 am

I still say that the Family Guy writing staff... Crab People.

Also, please show me a political reference or truly offensive joke in Season 1. The show was so tame back then. It's gotten more and more In-Your-Face as time goes on. The more popular and suscessful it gets, the more room Trey and Matt have to piss people off and not have to give a sh*t.
You're drunk, Mr. Hat!
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:51 am

Remember that back when season one was first airing, it was huge back then. It's not nearly as big now, but back then, it was huge. Times do change.
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:15 am

Here's a question I have about this and next week's episodes. I take it that if you follow the Family Guy = South Park inner-episode analogy, then that means that the South Park writing staff is demanding Comedy Central let them show an image of Muhammad next week. If that's the case, is the big writing staff reveal gonna be about the Family Guy writing staff or the South Park writing staff?

Either way I hope it's not Crab People. Even if they get their way and America is destroyed, it's not like Crab People are strong enough to take on full-grown Muslim fanatics. Sure, they could eventually overpower a bunch of Limp-Wristed Metrosexual Hair-Pluckers, but Islamo-terrorists? Doubt it.

Let's get real, people.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
Kyle's_Marklar

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:22 am

Aym_Dand wrote:Here's a question I have about this and next week's episodes. I take it that if you follow the Family Guy = South Park inner-episode analogy, then that means that the South Park writing staff is demanding Comedy Central let them show an image of Muhammad next week. If that's the case, is the big writing staff reveal gonna be about the Family Guy writing staff or the South Park writing staff?

Not exactly. They are just comparing the Muhammed cartoon to anything controversial South Park has ever featured on their show.

And if they really want to, Matt and Trey will have a cartoon of Muhammed on South Park. (and I think they will in part 2... if they ever make part 2)
Remember... the more posts you have, the bigger your penis is!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:27 am

More like, "Reair the Scientology and Bloody Mary episodes, pussies!" And Mohammed/Muhammad will be nice to see again. :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
themissingpatient

Postby themissingpatient » Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:24 am

How could they work Muhammed into the episode they showed clips of what is/was going to happen?

Unless... maybe the Super Best Friends are writting Family Guy??

I don't think so.

South Park already showed Muhammed, not only did they show him but they had him hanging out with Jesus, Joseph Smith, Budha, ect... in "Super Best Friends" like 5 years ago!

South Park has already gotten away with showing Muhammed (or however you spell the false gods f*cking name).
J. Tyler
themissingpatient

Postby themissingpatient » Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:42 am

ALSO...

As for people who think the new episodes suck, well, I started watching the show when I was 16, in the very beginning. I watched season one all the way through every episode, one after another. (off the internet because it wasn't aired in Canada yet).

Now 9 years later, I can say, Yes, I have changed. I matured, and I felt like South Park matured with me over the years.

The 9th & 10th season... I find it is way more emotional and every episode feels very theatrical and really build up to (usually a disapointing, which in a way makes it funnier) climax.

Eariler episodes didn't have this epic feel that these new episodes do. I find myself actually emotionally attached to the charactors (hey, f*ck off, South Park has been a part of my life for nine years, I don't know anything or anybody that can satify one man for nine years!!)
J. Tyler
makki

Postby makki » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:09 am

I'm a Muslim, and about 4 years ago i was at an Islamic talk. And at the end the preacher said that we should complain to Paramount for showing a picture of Muhammad on South Park.

That day i went home and downloaded 'Super Best Friends'. I loved that episode and have been hooked on to SP since. I'v laughed at Scientology, Mormons, Jesus, and all the Jew jokes, and now I believe it is our (Musilms) turn to be laughed at.

The difference between Super Best Friends and the Danish cartoons was the message the images sent across. In SP Muhammad was part of a team of superheros chosen to protect the world from evil. The Danish cartoons showed Muhammad as a terrorist, a woman opressor, and a backwards man with no intelligence.

SP is offensive and funny, Danish cartoons were just offensive.

I trust M&Ts jugment and humor, and I know Part2 will be great, but I just hope they don't take it too far. I don't want people to tell me to stop watching SP. And I don't want to feel guilty when I watch SP.

So really hope the whole town doesn't go out and draw pictures of Muhammad, just for freedom of speach. Anyway, can't wait till Wed.
lifeandotherlies

Postby lifeandotherlies » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:25 am

I haven't read all the posts, and I don't know what's been said since my last post, so I don't know if this has already been mentioned...but I don't think there will be a part 2. At least I think they orinally never intended to make a part 2. Maybe by me saying this they will make a part 2. I don't think Matt and Trey read these sh*tty forums much.
something that explains what I am
themissingpatient

Postby themissingpatient » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:58 am

Dude, was there a Muslim around here?

Wow, dude, I never thought there were Muslim South Park fans... lol, I don't know whether to take you seriously, I mean this is South Park's web-site, you can't take anything too seriously, right?? haha

Anyways, it's cool you like "Super Berst Friends" cause I'm a christian and people get enraged at the idea that I watch South Park, lol, seriously... it's cool to see that some individuals of other faiths are laughing with me:)
J. Tyler
hainted

Postby hainted » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:38 am

part one of cartoon wars seemed too short and weak to have ended in a cliffhanger

i wish they would have just made a special 1 hour South Park and aired the whole thing all at once

i also wish it was funnier so far and not so damned serious

the Family Guy animation was funny to look at

i'm glad they told Comedy Central to get some balls

it was visually pretty good

other than that it was pretty sh*tty so far..

Too much story set up and the whole seriousness of the Mohammed subplot and the fact that there weren't many jokes and no really funny ripping on family guy brought part one of this way down.In part 2 I hope they blow up family guy or something just to liven it up a bit.It was kind of dull.

so far worst ep of season 10 ,imo

hopefully part 2 doesn't suck as bad
SouthParkMaster66

Postby SouthParkMaster66 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:57 pm

I actually really liked Cartoon Wars, and their WILL be a part two. If they don't have one alot of people will be pissed off. But I think the Family Guy writers will either be Crab People, Visitors or maybe even Saddam Hussein. Or...PROFESSOR CHAOS!!!
Levani

Postby Levani » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:25 pm

i'm not gonna get into "south park is not funny anymore" stuff.its just too damn heavy!
i think we are supposed to discuss this very episode "cartoon wars"
so here is my opinion: it had better visual effects than older episodes.
what else?well let me think.....

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”