*1003: Cartoon Wars*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Kyle's_Marklar

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:02 pm

I think the episode will go like this... Kyle wants to go to Hollywood to be a writer for Family Guy because he loves the show. Cartman, even though he doesn't like the show as much, he too wants to become a writer just to piss off Kyle. Of course, at the end, none of them get the job but Kyle ends up getting there first.
Remember... the more posts you have, the bigger your penis is!
SPF4L#1

Postby SPF4L#1 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:02 pm

Have no idea how this one will pan out. Generally when I'm as confused as this, it turns out to be either a classic or a complete letdown. Hopefully the former.
If you can be bothered...please check out this poll:
http://misterpoll.com/4270026923.html
culthero

Postby culthero » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:15 pm

Oh this is going to be GOOD!

I can't wait :D

Personally, I'm starting to get bored with Family Guy and especially the Simpsons. God, I can't bare to watch the Simpsons anymore. 'Til this day I still haven't gotten bored with SP. That must say something :wink:
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:32 pm

Ooh boy, this is already becoming a foil for people who are overly opinionated about some sort of non-sensical cartoon hiarchy that they think exists among primetime animation. This includes a lot of the people who make those three shows. So the next few days should be interesting/really annoying around here. I better just let the lovers love and the haters hate on this and when they're done spewing thier opinions in about a week, all will settle back to normal (hopefully).

As a long time fan of all three shows, I don't like the idea of pitting them against each other because it forces me to pick one over the other.

I will however point out that South Park can touch on sensitive issues with much greater ease seeing as how it's on basic cable instead of a broadcast network. So to call out South Park for being more gutsy on various issues is simply pointing out that it's on cable.

Now to see how this pans out...

You read it! You can't unread it!
nojo

Postby nojo » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:16 pm

ATHF rules!

Er...

My only regret is that because of Family Guy's conventional production schedule, we won't hear a retort until next year, if ever.

But maybe they can slip a dig into Robot Chicken. Hey, a feud's no fun unless everyone plays...
IneedBoutTREEFIDDY

Postby IneedBoutTREEFIDDY » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:27 pm

Kyle's_Marklar wrote:I think the episode will go like this... Kyle wants to go to Hollywood to be a writer for Family Guy because he loves the show. Cartman, even though he doesn't like the show as much, he too wants to become a writer just to piss off Kyle. Of course, at the end, none of them get the job but Kyle ends up getting there first.

Cartman hates Family Guy, sets off to get it cnacelled, Kyle goes to stop him.
Setting the standard since 1852
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:30 pm

Of the three, there is no debate over the hierarchy of the shows. It goes as such:

The Simpsons
South Park
Family Guy

Anyone who disagrees is wrong. And it's not even a matter of opinion, but rather of objective fact. But if we are to break this thing down more accurately it goes something like this:

The Simpsons seasons 1-9
South Park seasons 1-current
Family Guy seasons 1 and 2
The Simpsons seasons 10-current
Anything on public access
Family Guy current

Anyway, I just can't wait to hear Cartman sound off.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
rabidpenguin

Postby rabidpenguin » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:10 am

Aym_Dand wrote:Of the three, there is no debate over the hierarchy of the shows. It goes as such:

The Simpsons
South Park
Family Guy

Anyone who disagrees is wrong. And it's not even a matter of opinion, but rather of objective fact. But if we are to break this thing down more accurately it goes something like this:

The Simpsons seasons 1-9
South Park seasons 1-current
Family Guy seasons 1 and 2
The Simpsons seasons 10-current
Anything on public access
Family Guy current

Anyway, I just can't wait to hear Cartman sound off.

How is that fact?
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:14 am

Well, looks like I was wrong.

Still, though, the episode looks fairly interesting. I wonder how they'll rip on/praise Family Guy. Cartman is funny to hear when he's pissed off about something, so I guess it's okay that he's the one who hates it (or, as others have said, maybe not, and he's doing it just to piss Kyle off: completely possible).

I liked the first episodes of Family Guy, but I can't really stand it anymore. A little variation/sense wouldn't hurt.

And I don't think Matt and Trey have made it clear yet about why they hate Family Guy, if they ever have. I definitely can't recall anything of the sort. I think in the last "Ask Matt" chat somebody asked, "What's wrong with Family Guy?" or something, and Matt only said, "I wish I knew." Huh. At least, if my memory serves me correctly, that's what happened.

Wasn't there a Family Guy episode that was banned for a while or something because Peter sang a lyric about Jews killing Jesus? Or something like that. "I Wish Upon a Weinstein," or some other Jewish sounding name. Just pointing out something random that probably has absolutely nothing to do with the episode. :P

Still, I wanna know what the episode's stance on the show will be. Interesting. And if The Simpsons might get mentioned again, too.
Guru Askew

Postby Guru Askew » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:16 am

This is how I'd rank them:

Classic Simpsons
South Park
Current Simpsons (still great but could be better)
getting kicked in the testicles
death
Family Guy
pauldawg42

Postby pauldawg42 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:18 am

south park is the greatest shownuff said...but family guy is also funny....i can't stand the simpsons anymore. i really hope this episode matches up to the hilarity of smug alert because smug alert was fantastic. GOOD FOR YOU!.......THANKS!!
nojo

Postby nojo » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:36 am

Aym_Dand wrote:Anyone who disagrees is wrong. And it's not even a matter of opinion, but rather of objective fact.

Ah, I remember now: "Objectivism".

That would be the fruity little club headed by Ayn Rand. Members who have achieved AYN VII have mastered the art of being smug while keeping their eyes open.
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:52 am

My predictions:

Kyle loves Family Guy, Cartman doesn't and of course he hates Kyle. Family Guy does something offensive, so Cartman uses that to get everyone riled up against it. He does this because it'll make Kyle sad, but he convinces people it's because he was offended. Family Guy gets pulled because of the controversy and violent riots. Kyle goes to Hollywood to try to save Family Guy, Cartman goes to stop him. Butters probably tags along with Cartman again, torture ensues. Stan and Kenny do next to nothing, if Kenny even appears. Jokes are made about how much Family Guy sucks, Kyle learns that he was lame for liking it and Cartman gloats about it.

That's pretty pessimistic, but you get the basic idea.
Orange_Kenny

Postby Orange_Kenny » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:54 am

Sad but probably true
StansCheesyCracker

Postby StansCheesyCracker » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:18 am

triplemultiplex wrote:Ooh boy, this is already becoming a foil for people who are overly opinionated about some sort of non-sensical cartoon hiarchy that they think exists among primetime animation. This includes a lot of the people who make those three shows. So the next few days should be interesting/really annoying around here. I better just let the lovers love and the haters hate on this and when they're done spewing thier opinions in about a week, all will settle back to normal (hopefully).

As a long time fan of all three shows, I don't like the idea of pitting them against each other because it forces me to pick one over the other.

I will however point out that South Park can touch on sensitive issues with much greater ease seeing as how it's on basic cable instead of a broadcast network. So to call out South Park for being more gutsy on various issues is simply pointing out that it's on cable.

Now to see how this pans out...

You don't have to pick one over the other, you just get to see one of your favorite shows referenced in one of your other favorite shows. What's bad about that? This all goes back to the issue about laughing at ourselves....... But I won't go there tee hee!

I don't really see how Family Guy is a "sensitive issue". It's just a show, like Robot Chicken or Futurama or even Pokemon.

Calm dooooooooooown! It's gonna be an awesome episode with jokes about the "cartoon hierarchy" tossed in with the ever-amusing Kyle-Cartman relationship! What's not to love? Though someone said Kenny and Stan might not even show up.... that would be sad. But hey, Stan's hippie song in 1002 was thoroughly satiating.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”