*1003: Cartoon Wars*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:10 am

Guru Askew wrote:
Remember when people could enjoy ALL the adult cartoons ( South Park, Family Guy, Simpsons, Beavis and Butthead, Futurama, and all the rest) and not fight like kindergarteners over which one was better?

So you're suggesting that people should just have no standards and just embrace every bit of entertainment that they see, even if it's as mind-blowingly awful as "Family Guy"?

No I am saying people shouldn't be such horrid immature assh*les about this. Some of you are acting like you are too young to be watching any of the cartoons I listed.
nojo

Postby nojo » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:25 am

Tweeks_Coffee wrote:nojo: I don't think anybody here "hates" SP, I know I don't. Don't make insinuations just because I'm not as happy with the new ones as the old ones.

Any questions?

Just one: Where'd you find that quote? Ain't me -- I enjoy the new seasons of both FG and SP, as well as the vitriol everyone's spewing. If I don't see references to this here BBS on the show Wednesday night, I'll be disappointed.
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:12 am

http://www.southparkstudios.com/fans/bbs/viewtopic.php?p=423744&highlight=#423744

3. Half the people here hate South Park because it's not as funny as it used to be.

That is you, correct? I can easily believe you didn't intend it to be that way, but that's what you ended up with.
Kyle's_Marklar

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:16 am

Anyone see the new commercial for it. It said that Kyle loves the show but everyone else hates it. They then showed Kyle's dad smashing the T.V. with a bat after seeing his son watch "Family Guy." :lol:
Remember... the more posts you have, the bigger your penis is!
Pipstar

Postby Pipstar » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:25 am

Guru Askew wrote:
Remember when people could enjoy ALL the adult cartoons ( South Park, Family Guy, Simpsons, Beavis and Butthead, Futurama, and all the rest) and not fight like kindergarteners over which one was better?

So you're suggesting that people should just have no standards and just embrace every bit of entertainment that they see, even if it's as mind-blowingly awful as "Family Guy"?

Nice to see you're not just trashing FG on IMDB Guru.
nojo

Postby nojo » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:38 am

Tweeks_Coffee wrote:
3. Half the people here hate South Park because it's not as funny as it used to be.

That is you, correct? I can easily believe you didn't intend it to be that way, but that's what you ended up with.

Ah. Statement of fact (or ironic perception), not statement of personal opinion. "Half the people here" does not include me -- I was just acknowledging their existence for the purposes of wallowing in my own erudition.

Snifffff... Ahhhhh...
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:50 am

nojo wrote:Ah. Statement of fact (or ironic perception), not statement of personal opinion. "Half the people here" does not include me -- I was just acknowledging their existence for the purposes of wallowing in my own erudition.

Snifffff... Ahhhhh...

I think you misunderstood me there. I meant that I would probably be considered in that second half. I for one, certainly don't hate SP now. I was just showing there's a difference between being disappointed in the new episodes and actually hating them. Really my problem here is that I know that M&T can do better, it just seems like they've gotten lazy lately.
Ziggy5

Kyle is the besT!

Postby Ziggy5 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:03 am

Yeah Hamburgers! this whole episode is gonna focus on Kyle and Cartman? i gotta be honest man... I love Kyle the most. its been like almost 10 years and Kyle and Cartman still hate each other and rippin on each other and it never gets bored!
I love being Creative.
Bill Casey

Postby Bill Casey » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:08 am

I enjoy Family Guy personally. I'm not going to come on here and pretend it's some sort of masterpiece in television, or that people can't dislike or rip on it...

The show itself is shallow, the characters are largely static, the plots have ADD, and it rarely tackled issues or challenges its audience's preconceived notions. It's basically a vehicle for bathroom humor, vaudvillian exchanges and pop culture references, which are three things it does rather well...

Beyond that, it doesn't really have the substance or depth of other shows...

I really hope Matt & Trey pull no punches; I want to see Family Guy lampooned until its ass bleeds with viable points that brings up one hell of a controversy among fanboys...
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:08 pm

Bill Casey wrote:the plots have ADD

That's a beautiful way to describe it. As far as I'm concerned, the show is definitely overrated. Controversy would be fun. I hope to see a few new flame wars on here, they can be rather entertaining (just not when the flamers stay on the boards, eh Hainted?).

They're paying a lot more attention to Kyle so far, aren't they? The Return of Chef had a bit more of an emphasis on him, Kyle had a pretty big role in Smug Alert!, and now this one. I remember getting all excited during the last run when Free Willzyx was announced, because it had been a while since there had been any real good Kyle episodes.

Eh, I like this, Kyle's my favourite character.

TC, are you still going to be taking a break from the newer episodes, or can I assume that since you're discussing it on here you'll be watching this one?
TruthInTheCity

Postby TruthInTheCity » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:13 pm

Kyle's_Marklar wrote:Anyone see the new commercial for it. It said that Kyle loves the show but everyone else hates it. They then showed Kyle's dad smashing the T.V. with a bat after seeing his son watch "Family Guy." :lol:

I had to follow up this one, yes Kyle loves Family Guy, yes Cartman hates it and yes Kyle's dad smashes it with a bat because remember Kyle's Mom and Dad hate anything that is offensive. But the part about the kids hating the show is inferred rather than a fact. I remember Kyle saying "I'm going to Tivo Family Guy" Stan than says "Dude why" (maybe he hates or maybe he just doesn't see the point in it). I've made my point I hope this episode is good even if it rips Family Guy and makes a pointless divide or a tribute but from what I've heard it probably won't be. I hope Mid-Season 10 goes out with a bang like the end of Season 9. :D
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:17 pm

iceiwynd wrote:This is the first time in a long while I've squealed when I read the initial summary for an episode.

Same here...

... I can't wait for it now... I'll have to avoid the site all tomorrow until I actually watch it... I hate having the episode plot spoiled for me :roll:
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
paullap

Postby paullap » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:15 pm

I cant wait for the new episode because Family Guy sucks and is a totally unoriginal show and I've been waiting for another show other than the Simpsons to rip on Family Guy. My prayers are answered God bless Matt and Trey!
SPF4L#1

Postby SPF4L#1 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:53 pm

What I'm actually expecting to see from this episode is the underlying moral that at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter which cartoon (Family Guy and whatever Cartman likes) is better. The message is that it's possible for people to like one but prefer the other, without having to compare the two or be a strict fan of either. That's my prediction anyway...I don't think Matt and Trey will rip into Family Guy too much.
If you can be bothered...please check out this poll:
http://misterpoll.com/4270026923.html
L.Ron

Postby L.Ron » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:52 pm

SP4L, I'll have to agree with you that at the end I will have to expect that both episodes are good. But then again South Park is the work of Matt Stone and Trey Parker, the two are KNOWN for ripping on everything....even Satan for God sake!
Good Stuff!
Where would I be without South Park?.....Probably alot smarter.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”