*1004: Cartoon Wars Part II*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

BlindHamster

Postby BlindHamster » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:47 am

^^
Don't make Mr. Cruise angry, you won't like him when he's angry!
He shrinks, gets purple, hides in the closet and threatens to sue everyone.

Anyway, someone in this thread said it would be cool if Professor Chaos would write FG, that would be so freakishly awesome and it would also explain where Butters was in the first part.
But on a more serious note, I'm putting all my money on Muhammed.

I R IN UR FUTUER PLYAING UR WII.
kayge

Postby kayge » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:24 am

it's probably towlie.. he's random b/c he's high all the time and family guy is random.. :D

..actually ..i don't know who it's gonna be.. :(
Draco888

Postby Draco888 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:39 am

kayge wrote:it's probably towlie.. he's random b/c he's high all the time and family guy is random.. :D

Thats my guess also, but I wont be too surprised if Matt and Trey come up with something totally out of the blue to stun us all lol.
bulrog2004

Postby bulrog2004 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:44 am

kayge wrote:it's probably towlie.. he's random b/c he's high all the time and family guy is random.. :D

i have to second that.
when cartman says "this explains everything" a blue glow can be see on cartman.. or maybe it's a water tank.

also, i've thinking about:

hippies (towelie/stoners/college hippies)
arabs (saddam/bin laden/iran)
asians (chinese gov/chinpoko/japanese corp/kim jong il)
aliens (joozians/fognl/xenu)
jews (joozians again/barbra streisand)

co$/sac/cruise/travolta/darth chef it's too easy
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:50 am

BlindHamster wrote:But on a more serious note, I'm putting all my money on Muhammed.

Yeah, that's what I said. I doubt they'd make all this fuss and then never do anything that's actually controversial.
Kyle's_Marklar

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:06 am

Maybe it's Jesus... what can be more shocking than that? Moses?
Remember... the more posts you have, the bigger your penis is!
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:07 am

InfidelDog wrote:Amazing how many South Park fans have missed the point of the cartoon wars episode completly, and think its all about bashing Family. While I dont doubt that they take pleasure in a little Family Guy bashing, its pretty clear that this was in no way the main message in this two-parter.

A shame that the real message appearantly has ended up being overshadowed by a bunch of petty South Park vs. Family Guy bickering.

What amazes me is how many new people come here accusing regular posters of "not getting it" when it comes to the episodes..Most of the people here get it, they are here enough to read all about what is going on behind the scenes of South Park, and get that the episode was more about censorship than taking a jab at Family Guy..So, stop talking down to us, and stop being so elitist. You aren't any smarter or any better than anyone else here.
Kyle's_Marklar

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:10 am

M00ndragon69 wrote:
InfidelDog wrote:Amazing how many South Park fans have missed the point of the cartoon wars episode completly, and think its all about bashing Family. While I dont doubt that they take pleasure in a little Family Guy bashing, its pretty clear that this was in no way the main message in this two-parter.

A shame that the real message appearantly has ended up being overshadowed by a bunch of petty South Park vs. Family Guy bickering.

What amazes me is how many new people come here accusing regular posters of "not getting it" when it comes to the episodes..Most of the people here get it, they are here enough to read all about what is going on behind the scenes of South Park, and get that the episode was more about censorship than taking a jab at Family Guy..So, stop talking down to us, and stop being so elitist. You aren't any smarter or any better than anyone else here.

Yea... that guy sucks.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:14 am

Kyle's_Marklar wrote:
M00ndragon69 wrote:

Yea... that guy sucks.

People who think they are so much smarter than anyone else, because they read this or that suck.. That is another reason why I am not loving the direction South Park is going in, with most of the episodes being mostly about political or social issues..It is attracting people to the board who are snotty, condecending, and maybe a little too proud of how intellectual they are.
Kyle's_Marklar

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:21 am

^^^ That's why I didn't like this season very much. Too political for my taste and not very funny at all.
Phoenix Maximus

Postby Phoenix Maximus » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:54 am

Muhammed or Jews is my thinking.
PKRWUD

Postby PKRWUD » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:39 am

M00ndragon69 wrote:
Kyle's_Marklar wrote:
M00ndragon69 wrote:

Yea... that guy sucks.

People who think they are so much smarter than anyone else, because they read this or that suck.. That is another reason why I am not loving the direction South Park is going in, with most of the episodes being mostly about political or social issues..It is attracting people to the board who are snotty, condecending, and maybe a little too proud of how intellectual they are.

People who think they know everything are really annoying to those of us that actually do.

:wink:

Yeah, I know. I swear it was funny when I started typing it, though.

I'm a newbie here. I'm 39, and have been watching SP regularly since the 3rd season. I know no one asked, but I do like the direction SP is going in. I can't imagine ever getting tired of the less-political episodes, but these new ones make me think more, and that's a good thing. I thought Best Friends Forever was nothing short of brilliant, and to date is my favorite episode. I have no idea how well it was received here among the regulars, but it worked for me. The problem with political or social undertones is that you are going to alienate half of your audience by the time the show is over, but that's a worthwhile risk, IMO. Maybe I'd feel differently if I was the one who felt alienated. Who knows.

I've really loved South Park since the first time I saw it, but Cartoon Wars was the first episode that made me want to go look for a forum to see what others had to say, so I guess that means you're right; this direction (that SP has been going in) is attracting new people. I hope we (they) aren't all as bad as you perceive them to be (though I'll be the first to admit that the gentleman you first quoted does seem to be a bit of a dickless wonderchild, but I've been called worse). :)

Of course, your opinion may vary.

Take care,
~Chris
bulrog2004

Postby bulrog2004 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:37 pm

M00ndragon69 wrote:People who think they are so much smarter than anyone else, because they read this or that suck.. That is another reason why I am not loving the direction South Park is going in, with most of the episodes being mostly about political or social issues..It is attracting people to the board who are snotty, condecending, and maybe a little too proud of how intellectual they are.

you mean... smug people? :D
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:16 pm

Pff, Chris, as far as I'm concerned, you're cool. That probably doens't mean much, coming from some lifeless 14 year old on the intarwebs, but hey, it's something. :P

I like the political direction the show is taken. Don't let others' opinions influence your own just because of things like that - if I did, I'd be saying I disliked the newer episodes, but I like them a lot. Yes, I love the random moments (Free Willzyx, The Losing Edge), but I won't deny that I adore these political episodes. That's why, after seeing a new episode for the first time, I come and post my own thoughts on it before I read anybody else's posts - just the hard, down to the core things I liked and disliked about it. (Often times, since I'm such a huge fangirl, it's mostly things I liked - but if there's a dislike I mentioned in there, then it had to have been pretty strong.) And that's just where I stand before I go in depth about it, and I treat it as if I'm more of a casual watcher. That the episode (more often than not, and at least once at some point) made me laugh, and I'm not going to be overly critical about it. That's where I come in later.

But really, if you don't like the political episodes because of the attitudes people are showing (smugness, yes), then maybe you should just ignore those people and converse with those whom you know have decency about them and their words.
Knuerr2003

aliens

Postby Knuerr2003 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:20 pm

Aliens will be back

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”