*1004: Cartoon Wars Part II*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

SPF4L#1
Posts: 542
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 6:58 pm

Postby SPF4L#1 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:01 am

Well, this is great. We now have to endure these "current SP sucks"/"no it doesn't" wars BEFORE the episode even airs. It used to be after the episode went out but now, before people even see it, this kicks off.
If you can be bothered...please check out this poll:
http://misterpoll.com/4270026923.html
PKRWUD
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:32 am

Postby PKRWUD » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:58 pm

fizzinal wrote:Can't wait to see this episode. I always love hearing a bit of conservative comedy from CC after the daily show/colbert report blitz of anti bush anti establishment anti conservative crap. Wow another out of context soundbyte taken from a white house spokesman. Genious.


This really isn't the place to go on and on with topics like that, but I can sink down to your level for a moment or two. Stewart, et al., poke fun at whoever happens to be the center of the braindead universe at the time. Although Bush does seem to be the king of that universe, they rip into liberal and religious leaders when they falter as well.

When the truth hurts, maybe it's time to just accept it.
dryer_than_a_nuns_c*nt
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:18 pm

Postby dryer_than_a_nuns_c*nt » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:52 pm

hey how cool would it be if the FG writers were Matt and Trey!!!! We could then finally see them in animated form. Plus it would make all the jokes dissin FG all the funnier. What does every1 think??
Im not weird, i love drinking, gambling and beating up old people just as much as everybody else.
fizzinal
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:23 am

Postby fizzinal » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:54 pm

PKRWUD wrote:
fizzinal wrote:Can't wait to see this episode. I always love hearing a bit of conservative comedy from CC after the daily show/colbert report blitz of anti bush anti establishment anti conservative crap. Wow another out of context soundbyte taken from a white house spokesman. Genious.


This really isn't the place to go on and on with topics like that, but I can sink down to your level for a moment or two. Stewart, et al., poke fun at whoever happens to be the center of the braindead universe at the time. Although Bush does seem to be the king of that universe, they rip into liberal and religious leaders when they falter as well.

When the truth hurts, maybe it's time to just accept it.


Since you felt the need to "sink down to my level", perhaps I should ask who exactly you are talking about when you say "liberal and religious leaders".

Please, elaborate, oh educated sir.
Bill Casey
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:48 pm

Postby Bill Casey » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:39 pm

fizzinal wrote:Since you felt the need to "sink down to my level", perhaps I should ask who exactly you are talking about when you say "liberal and religious leaders".

Please, elaborate, oh educated sir.


They take the absolute piss out of Kerry for being unintelligible and uninspiring. Reverend Sharpton, Howard Dean and Ted Kennedy are notable targets as well...

Kathleen Blanco was made out to look like a hypocrite after Katrina, in an Interview Jon Stewart also flat out told Howard Dean he wasn't saying anything of substance...

Jon hosted the Oscars and took the piss out of the liberal elitist Hollywood...

Also Bob Dole, John McCain and Rudy Guilliani are all friends of the show...

Democrats on the show are painted as habitual losers with no ideas and no leaders. They aren't lampooned as often because they just don't make the headlines that much any more, due to the fact that Republicans control the House, the Senate, The Judiciary and the Presidency...
MissingOctober
Posts: 595
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:44 pm

Postby MissingOctober » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:53 pm

I don't think everyone is getting me. Seriously. I never said I don't like where the show is going. I said in an earlier post that I think the new episodes are freaking hilarious! I've laughed at every episode this season and I really like a lot of season 9. I enjoy the political stuff just as everyone else. -_- I even caught the wave for a moment and changed my sig for a couple of hours to say some stuff about Tom Cruise. It wasn't until I read one of Moon's posts that I changed it, though. I woke up!

The only thing I'm getting at is that she show is predictable. It's repetetive.

Also, from Rolling Stone:
One afternoon in February, Matt Stone got bored, turned on the TV and freaked out. Onscreen, thousands of Muslims were rioting over cartoons of Mohammed. "I was like, 'Oh, f*ck, look what we did! We have to get on the phone to a lawyer!'" the co-creator of South Park remembers. As it turned out, the protests had nothing to do with the South Park episode in which the prophet Mohammed plays a superhero; they were about political cartoons in a Danish newspaper. Stone was disappointed. "I was like, 'Danish cartoons? That's our competition? The f*cking Danish?'"


My point of that is that Matt and Trey don't care about Scientology. They never have. The only reason they wanted to do a show about it is because everyone has been telling them 'no' for so long. The Scientology war isn't as big an issue as some might think, because, truth is, it's not about Scientolgy! It's never been. The politcal issues the guys rag on: They're not doing it for deep concern. They're simply saying, "Hey, this is stupid what everyone is doing, so lets just laugh at them! Put their head in the sand!"

About the "die-hard South Park fan" thing, I'm just basing it on what I've seen personally. From the people I've tallked to, they either say that they're South Park fans and the people in their life don't get it, someone in their life is a South Park fan and they don't get it, or, simply, Family Guy and The Simpsons is their favorite show point blank. I work in a video store and when the Stewie Griffin movie came out all I heard was how much everyone likes Family Guy. I would tell people that I love South Park and the response I would get is, "Oh, I used to watch South Park." What the hell! Are they not watching it anymore? Do they all think they're too good because they've got their Family Guy in their hands? Is it okay to forget another show because another has come along? I check out videos to people all the time, and I'm saying from personal experience that it is rare- Rare!- that a South Park disk gets checked out. Family Guy is the opening chance for people to forget, say they've moved on and feel better about themselves.

There are die-hard fans, yeah. At this board there are. There are true fans and some not so true fans... People who just believe they are because it's the wave of the moment. I've met people who like South Park, but I've met even more who are up Family Guy's ass! Lol.

PKRWUD wrote:I totally respect what you're saying, but in my world, you couldn't be farther from the truth. Maybe you should hang out with me and my friends, too. lol.

Probably. You're like the only one who gets what I'm saying, thanks. : )
Image
iceiwynd
Posts: 2905
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:24 am

Postby iceiwynd » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:06 pm

MO, that makes more sense, now, and your previous post had confused me becuase I typically see you as one of the smarter people on this BBS.

Frankly, as far as I know, BEFORE I got into SP, my cartoons were Family Guy and Futurama, and most people at my school would talk about Family Guy. I think part of the reason why FG might be more wide-discussed is also because of the ratings assigned to them. Here, FG is 14+, and SP is 18+, and I already had a negative opinion of SP from past experience. I definitely don't agree with the 18+ rating though, I would put it at 14+ instead, because I don't think it's that horrible.

It's mostly just a matter of preference, though. I can't understand why people would ditch SP for FG. I remember that Stewie Griffin movie, I downloaded it just recently after I had gotten into SP. It had absolutely no steady plot whatsoever, I hated it, and when I thought about it, I had absolutely no clue as to what happened. But it's whatever people like. I guess some people just prefer to get a cheap laugh/pop culture bashing instead of something that makes them think. I'm not saying all FG fans are like this, but some might be. That's how I would put my classmates, who only watch SP for the violence and swearing, so say them.
Killahertz9
Posts: 2809
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:46 pm

Postby Killahertz9 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:27 pm

Image

A little something-something I made....
Image
CoS_sux
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:54 am

Postby CoS_sux » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:29 pm

Lol good one,Is this episode really playing tonight? They have played NO new footage since wednesday.
:O 3 mins!!! will it be part two or a joke????
This is confusing lol.
Last edited by CoS_sux on Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom Cruise is my nomination for douchebag of the universe. :)
triplemultiplex
Posts: 6117
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:24 am

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:00 am

And now, the thrilling conclusion to South Park...
__________________________________________________

You read it! You can't unread it!
BatJelly
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:11 am

Postby BatJelly » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:08 am

what a great beginning
steelstager
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:54 am

aww i was expexting them to pull a fast one

Postby steelstager » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:09 am

i was laughing my ass off when the episode started a cant belive they really put the episode on today i though it was due time for a new t&p episode
steel
nickmaudlin
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:36 pm

Postby nickmaudlin » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:15 am

Wow...

Bart Simpson is amazing...
Dude Cartman Rocks
Posts: 1413
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:51 am

Postby Dude Cartman Rocks » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:15 am

Wow pretty weird Episode so far! I mean all these messages, and Bart! ahaha, also The Terrance & Phillip part was weird! I got scared because I thought they weren't goinh to show the Episode! and I loved Cartman's speech!
CoS_sux
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:54 am

Postby CoS_sux » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:17 am

LOL MANATEES!!!
Tom Cruise is my nomination for douchebag of the universe. :)

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests