*1004: Cartoon Wars Part II*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

xboxgrl
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:55 pm

Postby xboxgrl » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:42 pm

Does Trey have a cold? Cartman has sounded pretty weird in Part I and II. Or is that just his serious voice?
I'm living proof that mile-high altitude warps fragile little minds.
butters_me_up
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:14 am

Postby butters_me_up » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:44 pm

BlythyVXR wrote:So, anyone else noticed that the episode looked pretty damn good compared to regular episodes. loads of background details and stuff.

but nobody's interested in that.


I noticed. Stuff like Cold Age: The Smackdown. Good sh*t.
Paladoris
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:22 am

Postby Paladoris » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:45 pm

BlythyVXR wrote:So, anyone else noticed that the episode looked pretty damn good compared to regular episodes. loads of background details and stuff.

but nobody's interested in that.

I noticed in Part 1 when they're arguing in front of the school that there's a parking lot with cars and a bus that I've never seen before. They usually just show an exterior shot of the building but the camera angle from the view of the school showed a parking lot after the walkway. I though that was a cool detail.
handlyhamster
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:49 am

Postby handlyhamster » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:47 pm

gregh2k5 wrote:That ending was - how should I put this... lame. Yes. Lame is a good way to describe it. I'm a huge sp fan, but jesus christ - they could've been more witty than to have a bunch of people sh*tting on each other. Talk about a lame ending... (although the part where cartman talks about the scott tenorman incident with bart simpson was pretty funny... "I took the head off a statue once." "yeah that's real hardcore man, I once chopped up a kids parents and fed it to him" "okay you win."


i liked the ending ... sh*t on the 1st amendment, sh*t on the flag.. sh*t on the flag, sh*t on america..
JDG128
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:50 pm

Postby JDG128 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:48 pm

It might have been the back of the school, shown in "Butt Out," when Mr. Mackey catches the kids smoking. You can see a parking lot in that scene too.
Paladoris
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:22 am

Postby Paladoris » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:50 pm

In Cartoon Wars, though, it was when they were arguing on the front walkway of the school. It clearly goes street, parking lot, walkway, school. I liked that a lot for some reason.
xum700
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:04 pm

Re: Jumping the Manatee

Postby xum700 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:53 pm

duncanralston wrote:
nojo wrote:It doesn't help that both episodes were unusually dull. Part of that was the pacing -- it's not like South Park to pad an episode, but extended chases and slap-fights are just that.


Obviously you've never seen the "Cancelled" episode, where Kyle tries to stick a finger up Cartman's ass for three minutes... or the "Cripple Fight" episode, which lasts, well, as long as the fight from "They Live" from which it was "homaged".


What about the part where Jimmy is deciding which is more funny... turd Sandwich or giant Douch......they had pauses of 10 seconds atleast 5-6 times in that sequence
Do you have a problem with me ??
Report the complaint by calling 18**-KISS-My-S
Paladoris
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:22 am

Postby Paladoris » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:55 pm

http://media.nationalreview.com/094921.asp

Interesting! Unfortunately my hypothesis was reading a bit too deep...still, I hold that there is no 'uncut' episode actually showing Muhammed, as the quote on the site just says it was "a Comedy Central decision". M&T were probably aware all along that it wouldn't fly so they put in the censorship themselves. Glad they didn't alter the episode any differently, however, to accomodate CC's rules.
handlyhamster
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:49 am

Postby handlyhamster » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:04 pm

Do you ever think Oops, maybe we’re going too far?

Trey: The only time that came up is when we were going to do a thing on the Nation of Islam. Comedy Central was, like, “You can’t, because you’ll be killed. We have a franchise to protect.”

Matt: Yeah, no skydiving, and no harassing the Nation of Islam.

http://www.maximonline.com/articles/index.aspx?a_id=2387
BlythyVXR
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:22 pm

Postby BlythyVXR » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:20 pm

there's a difference between the islamic faith and the nation of islam,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation_of_islam
pitchblank
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:45 pm

Postby pitchblank » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:22 pm

Paladoris wrote:http://media.nationalreview.com/094921.asp

Interesting! Unfortunately my hypothesis was reading a bit too deep...still, I hold that there is no 'uncut' episode actually showing Muhammed, as the quote on the site just says it was "a Comedy Central decision". M&T were probably aware all along that it wouldn't fly so they put in the censorship themselves. Glad they didn't alter the episode any differently, however, to accomodate CC's rules.


Like I said, it had to be a CC decision. Matt & Trey have real fish to fry, they don't need to resort to fabricating sock puppets.
coriandersBaby
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:38 pm

Postby coriandersBaby » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:45 pm

i havent read the entire thread but i just wanted to comment on some things.

I know that there was a mohammad created for Part 1... and from what i understand much of these episodes were spawned from CC threatening to not air part one due to Mohammad's image. Which coincidentally coicided with SCientology and whats going on there.

I know many of you sighted Super Best Friends, which is aparently not a bargaining ship when dealing with network execs.

In Part 2 the conversation between Terrence and Phillip and the canadian network exec, appears to be not very far from the truth. The whole"these are different times".... ie, not showing mohammad now. So i think the censoring of part 2 was M&T letting everyone know that CC did in fact censor SP. Not that scene specifically but in general, in regards to mohammad.
nojo
Posts: 600
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:51 am

Re: Jumping the Manatee

Postby nojo » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:02 pm

duncanralston wrote:
nojo wrote:It doesn't help that both episodes were unusually dull. Part of that was the pacing -- it's not like South Park to pad an episode, but extended chases and slap-fights are just that.

Obviously you've never seen the "Cancelled" episode, where Kyle tries to stick a finger up Cartman's ass for three minutes... or the "Cripple Fight" episode, which lasts, well, as long as the fight from "They Live" from which it was "homaged".

The difference being, of course, that the counter-examples cited here and elsewhere are, shall we say, funny, the kind of jokes that last much longer than they have any right to, and work out of sheer audacity.

Compared to bits that feel padded to fill out 22 minutes.

Finish that novel yet, Brian?
JDG128
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:50 pm

Just a thought...

Postby JDG128 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:25 pm

Okay, so it's apparently been established that this is real censorship that happened. I would imagine that M&T had a version with Mohammed all set to go and just stuck those messages in at CC's demand. We could still see it uncensored when Season 10 is out on DVD. But furthermore, it also occurs to me that if enough people write angry letters to CC now, perhaps they'd air the episode, with Mohammed, on their late-night "Secret Stash" where shows and movies air uncensored.
Paladoris
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:22 am

Re: Just a thought...

Postby Paladoris » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:33 pm

JDG128 wrote:Okay, so it's apparently been established that this is real censorship that happened. I would imagine that M&T had a version with Mohammed all set to go and just stuck those messages in at CC's demand. We could still see it uncensored when Season 10 is out on DVD. But furthermore, it also occurs to me that if enough people write angry letters to CC now, perhaps they'd air the episode, with Mohammed, on their late-night "Secret Stash" where shows and movies air uncensored.
Eh, I don't think so dude. Secret Stash just allows dirty words, it doesn't allow nudity or anything. I doubt they'd allow Muhammed to be played. I for one doubt that there even is an uncut version featuring Muhammed. Seems like M&T knew from the beginning it wasn't gonna fly. And seeing as how they probably didn't even animate that part of the episode till a couple days before it aired, they didn't bother animating Muhammed.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests