*1006: Manbearpig*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

LindaKim1

Postby LindaKim1 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:23 am

skippy78 wrote:Why would Al Gore jokes be off limits. Maybe he should be nominated for the biggest douche of the universe award.

Hmmm... I don't know, Skippy
I've heard that Damanta Unit 5 and John Edward are again up for this year's award.

Pret-ty stiff competition.
:D
"I already brung it, bitch.
I brung it,
opened it,
and set it on the table, bitch."
Cartman
Dr.Doctor

Postby Dr.Doctor » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:24 am

I think we're all focusing on the wrong parts of this episode. The Al Gore stuff was funny, but there were plenty of jokes that required no knowledge of Al Gore's new movie (I didn't even know it existed and I laughed the whole time). So many people have been complaining all season that the show was too far up its own a$$ with politics and messages, and yet we're discussing the only political aspect of an otherwise hilarious episode. This episode was very reminiscient of the first few seasons, where the plots would have moral/political messages in them, but they weren't the focus of the plot.
I don't know, but at least from now on, every time we look at the moon, we can know that Willzy-x is up there, dancing with the other zypods in his castle.
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:27 am

Al Gore was the focus of this episode, and Al Gore's "Manbearpig" was his focus. The boys were more of a side story, though at least they were in this one.
Paul101

Postby Paul101 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:28 am

I'm curious as to why Matt and Trey haven't been making more fun of politicians that actually have an effect on our lives as Americans. George Bush and his entire administration are basically running this country into a shithole, why not make fun of that?

Al Gore, for example, will most likely not influence anyone's opinion, so why waste an ENTIRE episode on him? And by the way, there are plenty of shows on TV that insult democrats, most of them are on the FOX news channel.
Kyle's_Marklar

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:30 am

Paul101 wrote:I'm curious as to why Matt and Trey haven't been making more fun of politicians that actually have an effect on our lives as Americans. George Bush and his entire administration are basically running this country into a shithole, why not make fun of that?

Maybe they like Bush? I don't actually know but it may be. And they have made fun of Bush before with the sitcom, "Where's My Bush."
Remember... the more posts you have, the bigger your penis is!
LindaKim1

Postby LindaKim1 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:32 am

Tweeks_Coffee wrote:I must've missed something, is there a particular reason they chose to attack Al Gore now?

This may shed some light on the issue.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/o ... erg24.html

Tweeks_Coffee wrote:I knew as soon as I saw the treasure that it was fake, I've seen caves like that. Not very funny, didn't exactly suck though. Okay, they didn't do a current event. They still devoted an entire episode to making fun of a single person, which is another disturbing trend.

Actually, it reminded me of the Billy Crystal movie, "City Slickers II" Same fake gold story.
"I already brung it, bitch.
I brung it,
opened it,
and set it on the table, bitch."
Cartman
Toshiro

Postby Toshiro » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:34 am

Paul101 wrote:George Bush and his entire administration are basically running this country into a shithole, why not make fun of that?

Because M&T like to chart their own course. Why follow every other program on TV?

Then again, maybe the cave represented the shithole and Al Gore saved us from the ManBearPig named Bush.

:roll:
Paul101

Postby Paul101 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:35 am

Yeah, that's true, they have made fun of Bush before. Like in the episode where the boys are trying to build a ladder to heaven, and then Bush tries to convince everyone that Saddam Hussein had WMDs in heaven, and that was funny (although it turned out that Saddam DID have WMDs in heaven but certainly not in real life). Why though, especially with all the stuff that is going on, haven't they made fun of them for a WHILE?
Paul101

Postby Paul101 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:38 am

Hah, "That's My Bush" was awesome. Shame they didn't make more episodes, most likely because of 9/11.
_misconstrued

Postby _misconstrued » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:41 am

SO much better than last week's episode (and pretty much every episode aired this season, in my opinion). My expectations weren't too high, but I was pleasantly surprised.
Olivia42

Postby Olivia42 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:42 am

Relatively strong episode. I'm embarrassed to say that I liked last week's ep better. (That is not to say last week's was better, only that I enjoyed it more. There is a difference.)

Pretty standard plot and jokes, though. For the life of me I can't pick out anything I strongly liked or disliked. I remember laughing with my roommate, but my sides didn't ache or anything.

It would indeed be funnier if the Al Gore jokes are making fun of his relative invisibility lately, in saying he has nothing better to do. I haven't seen him anywhere for a while, at least. If they are attacking him for some obscure comment or something, the joke loses it's charm by alienating us.

And yes, on The Great Funny/Not Funny List, even for the most hard-core liberals, stand alone Al Gore is clearly funny. Pinky and the Brain made fun of him for Pete's sake. It would have been hard to screw that up. It was almost too easy...
Cartman's Top Enemy

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:43 am

Toshiro wrote:
Cartman's Top Enemy wrote:And Republicans have never been alarmist in their life? Why don't they pick on them, for a change, if they don't have an party affiliation?

Because, as M&T have stated, they really are the only ones who make fun of the Dems. All other programs just rehash "Bush is dumb" jokes. So you've got 100 choices on one side, and M&T on the other. Kudos to them for going where others apparently fear to tread.

I knew it all along! Wheel of Fortune is a propaganda front for the Dems! How could I've missed it?

Toshiro wrote:
Paul101 wrote:George Bush and his entire administration are basically running this country into a shithole, why not make fun of that?

Because M&T like to chart their own course.

In other words, M&T think Bush & Co. are doing a fantastic job.
Last edited by Cartman's Top Enemy on Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
His attack, his goading and his quick departure from the discussion...clearly demonstrates that [Mr.Hat_DX27], like Stovepipe_Jam, Killahertz9, TheTowlieConnection and others before him, has no integrity.
Paul101

Postby Paul101 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:44 am

Agreed, Al Gore is pretty much funny by himself.
Toshiro

Postby Toshiro » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:55 am

For those who don't know of the Gore-storm coming this summer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUiP6dqPynE

"Our ability to live, is what is at stake!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dr.Doctor

Postby Dr.Doctor » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:01 am

Toshiro wrote:For those who don't know of the Gore-storm coming this summer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUiP6dqPynE

"Our ability to live, is what is at stake!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Alright, I take it back. After watching that, Al Gore deserved all he got and more. What a douche
I don't know, but at least from now on, every time we look at the moon, we can know that Willzy-x is up there, dancing with the other zypods in his castle.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”