*1006: Manbearpig*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Tweeks_Coffee
Posts: 1793
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:14 pm

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:49 pm

Here's my attempt at getting this thread back on topic:

When I watched it a second time I liked it better. Al Gore was funnier, still not hilarious though. I laughed at the "serial" thing when I watched it again. It's not what he was saying, just the way he was saying it. The voice they gave him when he was saying it was hilarious. It certainly helped that the second time I watched it was with someone who thought it was funny. Also, Kyle was great in this one, he was his old self again. No preaching or lecturing, just funny and genuinely concerned. This was a decent return to the formula of older South Parks. Too bad that it was yet another episode about making a point and making fun of someone. This had potential to be a great episode. It wasn't, but it was good nontheless.
Image
zunipus
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:46 pm

Worst Episode Ever, Next To Towely's Autobiography

Postby zunipus » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:42 pm

I am amused at all the political discussion related to the Gore character. Why bother? It said nothing about him, wasn't funny, it seemed like a very desperate attempt at humor. 'Serial'? In fact the entire episode was the worst I believe I have seen, next to the stupid one last week about Towely's autobiography and Oprah's talking twat. Is Trey Parker on vacation by any chance, literal or chemical? Is this the beginning of the end of humor on South Park? Is it going the way of The Simpsons where the original writers leave, twits take over, and it becomes merely an imitation of its past glories while scraping in the dough until everyone figures out that he party ended long ago? — I do have to say that I enjoyed Cartman sh*tting treasure. I can't think of anything funny from the Towely episode. :parishilton:
===========
“The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country.”
~ George W. Bush
kayge
Posts: 198
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:09 am

Postby kayge » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:02 am

this thread's got legs...

anywho, i thought the end was wicked funny when al gore is giving a speech about the four boys, saying stuff like "we will never forget the names of these braves boys.. kid 1.. kid 2.. kid 3.. and of course, kid 4..kid 2 was always there when i needed him.." just went on from there.. hahaha, that rocked..
aristottlesdeathwish
Posts: 666
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:52 pm

Postby aristottlesdeathwish » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:10 am

This episode was tits!
"When you do something right, no one knows you have done anything at all"=Futurama
bunnasoo
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:11 am

Postby bunnasoo » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:36 am

hainted wrote:What is evil?


Bush Sr.: We need A NEW WORLD ORDER!

Clinton: SIGNED!



Shrub: And now the Bombing begins! New World order will now have some TEETH!

Shrub is WAYYYYYYYYY more evil than Clinton if you go by body count. In fact Shrub is more evil than bin Laden if you go by number of innocent people dead because of him. That is if you count Arabs as "people" which most conservatives don't.
Cartman's Top Enemy
Posts: 570
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:37 am

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:22 am

WooMF wrote:You may think it's a mere statement of opinion,


No, it was a mere statement of opinion

WooMF wrote:but I don't know how you can look at the sheer amount of scandals in his administration, many he himself was personally complicit in, and not come to the conclusion that he was a disgrace to the office.


Where is this massive list of scandals you keep mentioning? How many convictions were handed down? Post it.

WooMF wrote:Most of the charges didn't stick because, for whatever reason, Clinton had some sort of impenetrable Teflon shield,


You do remember that Ronnie was originally called the "Teflon president," don't you? I wonder why?

WooMF wrote:and in spite of the fact that he pointed his finger at all of us and lied,


You mean the lie that, "In spite of the wildly speculative and false stories of arms for hostages and alleged ransom payments, we did not -- repeat did not -- trade weapons or anything else for hostages; nor will we." -- no, wait, that was Ronnie. Maybe it was "the British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa." -- oh, wait that was another president...

WooMF wrote:some people still admire him.


Yeah, it was all that goofy nonsense of peace, prosperity, and respect from the rest of world.

WooMF wrote:No matter what you may try to say about the Reagan administration,


No, I'm not trying to say it, I'm actually saying it.

WooMF wrote:the fact is that he has found himself consistently among the coveted top 10 spot when it comes to ranking great Presidents,


Which ranks? Show them.

WooMF wrote:was voted "The Greatest American" by the nation,


Which nation? What vote? Was I absent that day? :)

WooMF wrote:has had his name consistently mentioned, more so than FDR, as someone whose face belongs on Mt. Rushmore,


Never heard of that one before, but, pretty much, the number of those faces is staying where it is.

WooMF wrote:and is still a beloved national figure.


You forgot to mention that he had 50 inch biceps, a ripping six-pack and could hammer six-inch nails with one swing of his 12-inch cock :D

Yes, he was sure remembered fondly!

WooMF wrote:Besides, a large number of the people on your little list weren't even appointed by Ronald Reagan,


Not only was Ronnie responsible for those appointments, as most presidents are responsible for appointing his cabinet, most of those people -- Meese, Nofzinger, Regan, for example -- were from his days as governor. Interesting how you call of list of 30 or so scandals "small" -- is that an acceptable level for a "great" president?

WooMF wrote:and there is no evidence that he had anything to gain or personally profited from any of the scandals involving those cabinet members listed.


You were born after 1989, weren't you? :)

WooMF wrote:Clinton can count himself among that elite group of impeached Presidents, along with Andrew Johnson, and will always find himself, due to his personal problems, viewed only as merely mediocre.


Strong economy, general peace in the world and admired by most everyone up to the very end of his term -- and afterward -- notwithstanding.

You can repeat "Reagan good, Clinton evil" all day, but a better ideal would be to back up what you say with FACTS -- not just second hand opinions without any sources to back them up!

Or, we could follow everyone's advice and go back on topic, already.

I want to know why Kyle and Stan even bothered saving Asschins?

aristottlesdeathwish wrote:This episode was tits!


Why, did Piggy take his shirt off :D
His attack, his goading and his quick departure from the discussion...clearly demonstrates that [Mr.Hat_DX27], like Stovepipe_Jam, Killahertz9, TheTowlieConnection and others before him, has no integrity.
crazyQH
Posts: 1237
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:47 am

Postby crazyQH » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:23 am

Cartman's Top Enemy wrote:
WooMF wrote:You may think it's a mere statement of opinion,


No, it was a mere statement of opinion

WooMF wrote:but I don't know how you can look at the sheer amount of scandals in his administration, many he himself was personally complicit in, and not come to the conclusion that he was a disgrace to the office.


Where is this massive list of scandals you keep mentioning? How many convictions were handed down? Post it.

WooMF wrote:Most of the charges didn't stick because, for whatever reason, Clinton had some sort of impenetrable Teflon shield,


You do remember that Ronnie was originally called the "Teflon president," don't you? I wonder why?

WooMF wrote:and in spite of the fact that he pointed his finger at all of us and lied,


You mean the lie that, "In spite of the wildly speculative and false stories of arms for hostages and alleged ransom payments, we did not -- repeat did not -- trade weapons or anything else for hostages; nor will we." -- no, wait, that was Ronnie. Maybe it was "the British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa." -- oh, wait that was another president...

WooMF wrote:some people still admire him.


Yeah, it was all that goofy nonsense of peace, prosperity, and respect from the rest of world.

WooMF wrote:No matter what you may try to say about the Reagan administration,


No, I'm not trying to say it, I'm actually saying it.

WooMF wrote:the fact is that he has found himself consistently among the coveted top 10 spot when it comes to ranking great Presidents,


Which ranks? Show them.

WooMF wrote:was voted "The Greatest American" by the nation,


Which nation? What vote? Was I absent that day? :)

WooMF wrote:has had his name consistently mentioned, more so than FDR, as someone whose face belongs on Mt. Rushmore,


Never heard of that one before, but, pretty much, the number of those faces is staying where it is.

WooMF wrote:and is still a beloved national figure.


You forgot to mention that he had 50 inch biceps, a ripping six-pack and could hammer six-inch nails with one swing of his 12-inch cock :D

Yes, he was sure remembered fondly!

WooMF wrote:Besides, a large number of the people on your little list weren't even appointed by Ronald Reagan,


Not only was Ronnie responsible for those appointments, as most presidents are responsible for appointing his cabinet, most of those people -- Meese, Nofzinger, Regan, for example -- were from his days as governor. Interesting how you call of list of 30 or so scandals "small" -- is that an acceptable level for a "great" president?

WooMF wrote:and there is no evidence that he had anything to gain or personally profited from any of the scandals involving those cabinet members listed.


You were born after 1989, weren't you? :)

WooMF wrote:Clinton can count himself among that elite group of impeached Presidents, along with Andrew Johnson, and will always find himself, due to his personal problems, viewed only as merely mediocre.


Strong economy, general peace in the world and admired by most everyone up to the very end of his term -- and afterward -- notwithstanding.

You can repeat "Reagan good, Clinton evil" all day, but a better ideal would be to back up what you say with FACTS -- not just second hand opinions without any sources to back them up!


Yeah, I loved that part of the episode too. It was so funny and awesome and...wait a minute...

Ok guys, get back on topic, I'm super serial... :roll:

Yes, I found that part funny with the "kid one, kids two, kids three, and of course, kid four...haha, love it!

I think this episode deserves more credit than it's getting, I thought it was great. Hell, Kenny even had some lines, that's unheard of now-a-days. (not that that's what made the episode great, but just saying...)

I still have to say what made the episode for me was the Cartman all up in Kyle's face scene. That was a priceless moment in South park history.
Cartman's Top Enemy
Posts: 570
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:37 am

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:57 am

crazyQH wrote:Yeah, I loved that part of the episode too. It was so funny and awesome and...wait a minute...

Ok guys, get back on topic, I'm super serial... :roll:


I already said that. Why did you edit that out?
His attack, his goading and his quick departure from the discussion...clearly demonstrates that [Mr.Hat_DX27], like Stovepipe_Jam, Killahertz9, TheTowlieConnection and others before him, has no integrity.
solicitr
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:02 am

Postby solicitr » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:39 am

Al Gore is not egotistical or unrealistic


What planet have you been living on, dude? Prince Albert's just as much a zonk-eyed zealot as Carrie Nation ever was. Even if you truly regard global warming as a threat, that doesn't make Gore any less a guy who KNOWS he's right, who KNOWS what's good for you, and who KNOWS that absolutely nothing can be allowed to interfere with his mission to save you. Which is awfully close, now I think of it, to fascism.

Quick reference to the Reagan/Clinton flap: were any of those numerous charges really any more than political chickensh!t? Personally I hate the "-gate" suffix because it trivializes Nixon's really serious crimes.
Cartman's Top Enemy
Posts: 570
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:37 am

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:59 pm

solicitr wrote:
Al Gore is not egotistical or unrealistic


What planet have you been living on, dude? Prince Albert's just as much a zonk-eyed zealot as Carrie Nation ever was. Even if you truly regard global warming as a threat, that doesn't make Gore any less a guy who KNOWS he's right, who KNOWS what's good for you, and who KNOWS that absolutely nothing can be allowed to interfere with his mission to save you. Which is awfully close, now I think of it, to fascism.

Quick reference to the Reagan/Clinton flap: were any of those numerous charges really any more than political chickensh!t? Personally I hate the "-gate" suffix because it trivializes Nixon's really serious crimes.


Lete's take our discussion here:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/fans/bb ... 615#448615
His attack, his goading and his quick departure from the discussion...clearly demonstrates that [Mr.Hat_DX27], like Stovepipe_Jam, Killahertz9, TheTowlieConnection and others before him, has no integrity.
chodestone
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:26 am

Postby chodestone » Mon May 01, 2006 6:56 am

This episode was crap. They get to make one more episode before they go on holiday or whatever the f*ck they do, and as an avid South Park fan, I will be very frustrated if this next episode isn't any good.

2 strikes in a row so far. Please, for the love of god, hit a home run.
jhledzepp
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:42 pm

cereal

Postby jhledzepp » Mon May 01, 2006 7:54 pm

al gore is hilarious in this episode, I'm cereal
would you like to come in for some toasted cheese sandwiches
littleredhairedgirl86
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:48 am

Postby littleredhairedgirl86 » Mon May 01, 2006 10:16 pm

I pretty much love the little mouth they use for Al Gore. The tiny smile showing teeth is so funny! Basically every scene with him cracked me up especially the hissy fit scene and "everyone is super stoked on me."
Wow... that's pretty hardcore.
crazyQH
Posts: 1237
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:47 am

Postby crazyQH » Tue May 02, 2006 12:08 am

littleredhairedgirl86 wrote:I pretty much love the little mouth they use for Al Gore. The tiny smile showing teeth is so funny! Basically every scene with him cracked me up especially the hissy fit scene and "everyone is super stoked on me."

Yeah I found that funny too. :P

Maybe this is just at my school, but everyday I hear about a dozen or more people saying "I'm super serial." I mean, yes, South Park is know for having sayings that people get hooked on saying, (ie. "Hello children", "Whateva, whateva, I do what I want" and "Mmmkay...." etc.) and I wonder if "I'm super serial" is the next catch phrase that will become popular with everybody.
Stanley_Marsh109
Posts: 11554
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 5:21 am

Postby Stanley_Marsh109 » Wed May 03, 2006 12:57 am

Ya I've heard "Super serial" and "Excelsior" a few times at my school too, although I doubt it'll last more than a few weeks.
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery...

Image

Thanks to Mr. Hat_DX27 for the sig!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests