*1006: Manbearpig*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

ubergenius

Postby ubergenius » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:07 pm

Dude, I don't care what you guys say, that episode was glorious. Time to watch it again. I'm super... DUPER serial!
I aim to misbehave.
http://www.student-manager.com
MLZS__DA_SP_FAN

Postby MLZS__DA_SP_FAN » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:10 pm

This episode RULED, I watched it two times in a row. Oh man, I love Cartman soo much!!!
Spielautomaten kostenlos spielen durch meine Homepage!

DieAchse: Hier finden Sie Alles über Roulette online.

Ein Einarmiger Bandit macht immer spaß!
Hier gibt asSpielautomaten Spiele online!
SIRLANCEALOT

DYNAMITE

Postby SIRLANCEALOT » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:11 pm

one word best descibes this episode... dynamite...
the last scene was the best, poor poor eric!
What do you mean you don't like Spam?
ubergenius

Postby ubergenius » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:39 pm

Man, I laughed so hard when Kyle woke up with Cartman an inch from his face during Cartmans speech about keeping the treasure from everyone. That was awesome.

"Well, I've got news for you Kyle... You're never going to get my treasure! I've got a little plan going to get the treasure out of here without you ever knowing!"
"Cartman?"
"Oh, hey Kyle, how's it going?"
"Dude, what are you doing?"
"Not much... You know, just hanging out... How you been man, good?"
"Dude, get away from me!"
"Yeah, nice talking with you Kyle... See you around!"

Classic!
I aim to misbehave.
nec

Postby nec » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:37 pm

Toshiro wrote:
Tweeks_Coffee wrote:I must've missed something, is there a particular reason they chose to attack Al Gore now?

Because he has a movie (yes, Al Gore speaking for well over an hour!!) coming out that is the single most horrifying movie you will see and must see unless you want your children to die.

Because Al Gore is someone whom I choose to pretend doesn't even exist, I didn't know he had a movie coming out. So for me the inclusion of Al Gore in the episode seemed extremely random. And overall the episode seemed pretty okay.
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:43 pm

ubergenius wrote:Man, I laughed so hard when Kyle woke up with Cartman an inch from his face during Cartmans speech about keeping the treasure from everyone. That was awesome.

"Well, I've got news for you Kyle... You're never going to get my treasure! I've got a little plan going to get the treasure out of here without you ever knowing!"
"Cartman?"
"Oh, hey Kyle, how's it going?"
"Dude, what are you doing?"
"Not much... You know, just hanging out... How you been man, good?"
"Dude, get away from me!"
"Yeah, nice talking with you Kyle... See you around!"

Classic!

xD I loved that part...

*cough*

This was a great episode... with Cartman not knowing that the tresure is fake and Al Gore... Probably the worst episode of the series (Excluding 'A million little fibers' :roll:) but I still lol'd a lot ;)

A really funny part was when they were all walking through the caves looking at the huge 'rock-cocks' The names were great xD 'The hanging mushroom' 'Man with helmet and two bowling balls' and of course 'The two sisters' :lol:

And another was when Cartman was 'telling' the rest of the boys about the treasure when they were asleep... 'God I hate you guys' xD

Great episode... Not as good as the rest of the other episodes... except 'A million lil' fibers' which it was a lot better than... so it's kind of in the middle... 8/10
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
kylelover52610

Postby kylelover52610 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:47 pm

I loved it myself...

I though it was hilarious, I was cracking up. I'm serial, super serial.

Why do Matt and Trey like to suck up the word "Serious" O.o;;

10/10
Butters1990

Postby Butters1990 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:47 pm

That is my second fav episode in season 10 so far, It sounded like it was a classic but it wasnt. They had to make it gay.

Thats all i can say 4 now
But it was better then that crap with oprah. They ruined Towelie.
xum700

Postby xum700 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:52 pm

Really good episode.......kept me thinking all the time that MeanBearPig will be actually existing and will come and save the kids in the end....but these guys are way too much ahead from us......They have developed a habit of not doing anything that the fans expect .....and they do it so well that I never feel disappointed on such occasions.....

And for some members displeasure this episode did have a political side......

Overall a pretty good episode...not among the best....but definitely among the good ones :)

Those instances about hanging balls and stuff actually refer to some of the landmarks in the caves.....like Romeo-Juliet. It was so funny !!
And that noise which Al gore makes....when he is with the whole tour, reminded me of the Marko-Polo technique they use to make sure that everyone is with the group.
Do you have a problem with me ??
Report the complaint by calling 18**-KISS-My-S
ZackWag

Postby ZackWag » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:04 pm

Manbearpig is not a funny "random" thing like scuzzlebutt. The entire episode is yet another political allegory.

Manbearpig is a metaphor for global warming. Gore claims it's a huge threat and will kill everyone equally. In the case of manbearpig, anyone can see that it doesn't exist (IMO, global warming does. Human interaction is the question) and Gore is just using it for attention. Finally, by "saving" us from manbearpig (global warming), he does more damage.

If you don't believe me, listen to his comment near the end of the episode about wanting to be in a movie so people will listen to him. Not coincidentally, he has 2 documentaries coming out about global warming.
ubergenius

Postby ubergenius » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:10 pm

ZackWag wrote:Manbearpig is not a funny "random" thing like scuzzlebutt. The entire episode is yet another political allegory.

Manbearpig is a metaphor for global warming. Gore claims it's a huge threat and will kill everyone equally. In the case of manbearpig, anyone can see that it doesn't exist (IMO, global warming does. Human interaction is the question) and Gore is just using it for attention. Finally, by "saving" us from manbearpig (global warming), he does more damage.

If you don't believe me, listen to his comment near the end of the episode about wanting to be in a movie so people will listen to him. Not coincidentally, he has 2 documentaries coming out about global warming.

If you watch all episodes carefully, I would argue that close to 90% of all episodes ever made (including most from seasons 1-3) have some sore of political, social or economic allegory in them. The difference is, in the earlier seasons, the metaphors were subtle enough that you had to look harder for them, and if you didn't find them, you could still easily enjoy the jokes, some of them more gross-out style than others. In contrast, as the show evolved, the allegory and metaphors within the shows starting becoming more prevalent and obvious, and eventually becoming the primary motivation for the various plots.

Personally, I like the new style (political and social satire is my personal joy), but everyone is different. Nonetheless, this episode is much more old style than recent seasons, because, even though there may be an underlying political message, for the most part it is subtle and the main story is pure silliness.

Anyway, Cartman crapping treasure = GOLD (haha!)
I aim to misbehave.
djadonis206

Postby djadonis206 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:41 pm

Great episode - compared to A Million Little Fibers (who wrote that and were they high)

anywayz - awesome episode, when did Napolean Dynamite become Al Gore (hilarious)

But the funniest sh*t was Cartman - after he got all huge and could barely breath and needed to be airlifted - I was dying

then he blew all that fake treasure out of is arse - hilarious

That's a classic - that's what I'm talking about. Not overly political and just plain ole funny

We want more MANBEARPIG!
"...So Long Balls!"
bulrog2004

Postby bulrog2004 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:46 pm

well, last ep was way funnier that a million lil fibers, but just decent.

Toshiro wrote:For those who don't know of the Gore-storm coming this summer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUiP6dqPynE

"Our ability to live, is what is at stake!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

WE DIDN'T LISTEN!
Delition

Postby Delition » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:48 pm

I loved this episode. Best one so far this season, in my opinion. Then again that isn't too hard to do considering I hated most of season 10 so far, but that doesn't matter.

I enjoyed pretty much everything from this episode, but for some reason the part where they are playing basketball always cracks me up. I had a friend (a chubby red-headed jewish kid) who always did what Cartman was doing. He was always a ball hog and then got pissed when he couldn't do his "super cool moves".
SPF4L#1

Postby SPF4L#1 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:09 pm

I liked this. Not the best ever, but good with some good funny parts. They've done enough to redeem themselves from that crap they put out last week. This was probably my 3rd favourite of season ten so far, behind 1002 and 1003. But this was a good solid episode and I especially loved the part where Kyle woke up and Cartman was in front of his face. Predictable but hilarious.
If you can be bothered...please check out this poll:
http://misterpoll.com/4270026923.html

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”