*1006: Manbearpig*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

evil_cartman_101

Postby evil_cartman_101 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:35 pm

This episode was awesome. Every boy had a preety good part, except Kenny, they just use hiom as a prop. I like how Stan and Kyle we super serial about saving Cartman even though he's an ahole. This episode was top-notch, now we must wait a while for the next. 8/10
rankorder

Postby rankorder » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:38 pm

Big-Will wrote:Three months now.

Cereal?

That is so ghey. Why anyone needs a license from the government for a relationship is beyond me.

What's next? Bringing more bastards into this world?

Trey fell into the vagina. Life is over for him.

Somebody should talk some sense to that guy.
[size=84:07170]You Can’t Hear the Fat Lady Because Diabetes Killed Her.[/size:07170]
Killahertz9

Postby Killahertz9 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:55 pm

I thought the episode had a lot of potential, but fell a little short of hitting it's aim.

Things I liked:
Animation
Score
Cartman (eating and sh*tting treasure)
"I can't kick, you just have to save me"

Things I didn't care for:
Al Gore
Manbearpig metaphor
"Cereal"
Cartman's Top Enemy

Re: Al Gore is the perfect South Park target

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:56 pm

eric pedigo wrote:
mbvfan wrote:I found the following link interesting, regarding why Trey might have a grudge against Al Gore:

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Re ... sp?ID=1180

More intersing is where the link comes from. I didn;'t know what irritated me more; the views or the popunders :D

eric pedigo wrote:
mbvfan wrote:For anyone not old enough to remember Tipper Gore's crusade against free speech in the 80s, Al took it up again back in 1999 when he still held a public office.

It's called "catering to the nuts." Everyone does it if they want the White House.

eric pedigo wrote:
mbvfan wrote:Apparently it's okay to tell everyone their children are going to die soon if they don't go see your movie, so long as you don't offend anyone's "christian values".

I'm pretty sure that M&T aren't rooting for the jesus freaks in office now. Al Gore is a great target, because he's such a hypocrite.

So could ex-coke-blower Dubya, if they put the effort into it.

eric pedigo wrote:
mbvfan wrote:So called "liberal" who wants to wipe his ass with the Bill of Rights. I'm guessing they don't go after the Republicans as much because, as repugnant as some of their views are, they wear them on their sleeve.

Agree. At least these neocons will tell you to your face that they're going to trash your constitutional rights in order to save them.

eric pedigo wrote:
mbvfan wrote:They only goof up when they get busted with hookers or turn out to be gay.

Yeah, it's hard on the GOP when one of their own turns out to have human flaws that aren't connected with greed :)

eric pedigo wrote:
mbvfan wrote:I know its old news, but I still can't get over how the VP in a very popular two-term administration couldn't beat the son of an unpopular one-termer by a landslide.

Forget about Florida, only a total douche-bag couldn't have won that one without trying.

What landslide?

Gore: popular - 50,996,116 48%, electoral - 266
Bush: popular - 50,456,169 48%, electoral - 271
Other: popular - 3,874,040 4%

2k4

Kerry: popular - 62,040,606 48%, electoral - 252
Bush: popular - 59,028,109 51%, electoral - 286

These aren't "landlside" wins, there are "by the hair on your balls" wins

eric pedigo wrote:
mbvfan wrote:Al Gore was Clinton's life insurance policy; nothing more. I'm sure that's why he was chosen. The guy is so desperate to be president he'll do anything to get people's attention. I don't think the timing of his "movies" are a coincidence. Despite what he says now, I'm sure he wants to run in '08.

I doubt it. He's knows his pol career ended six years ago. If he was that desparate, he woulda ran the last time.

eric pedigo wrote:
mbvfan wrote:Gore represents everything that is wrong with the Democratic Party. They're politically liberal when no one else in America is

At least not in the media or DC, anyway. You know a political system is screwy when liberals are considered the backward ones.

eric pedigo wrote:
mbvfan wrote:and socially conservative when no other party has the balls to stand up against christian moral hypocricy.

Bottom line: nobody gives a sh*t about the Xtian Right until they're wanted in an election year, which is why they're always pissy.

eric pedigo wrote:
mbvfan wrote:The Democrats are useless and will probably go the way of the Whigs.

I've been hearing the demise of the Dems since I was five...in 1972.

We have a dual-party plutocracy -- biz favors one party, and the other is a rubber stamp, in one form or another, that gets its turn once in a while. Much as I like seeing a third-party effort, we as votes are just too apathetic and unmotivated to change it. Both parties have been around for close to two centuries and the only way they'll disappear is when the whole US does.

eric pedigo wrote:
mbvfan wrote:I personally like the more overtly political satire of recent seasons and loved the fact that the whole episode was a put-down of Gore. I guess I'm a little biased though.

I didn't see a need to trash Gore, unless M&T are cashing checks written out by Karl Rove.

eric pedigo wrote:I remember that crap with Tipper Gore and the PMRC (Parents Music Resource Center). A bunch of dumb Washington wives that had nothing better to do than screw with peoples freedom of speech and expression. They were the reason that those "Parental Advisory" labels were put on records. It especially sucked if you were a young metalhead living in a redneck town like mine.

It sure was a hell of hard pill to swallow when I had to vote in '92. Tip's crusade was a real oddity--why would she lump herself with right-wing whack jobs like Bill Wildmon, Reed Irvine and Fred Phelps?
His attack, his goading and his quick departure from the discussion...clearly demonstrates that [Mr.Hat_DX27], like Stovepipe_Jam, Killahertz9, TheTowlieConnection and others before him, has no integrity.
rankorder

Postby rankorder » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:01 pm

Killahertz9 wrote:"Cereal"

Cereal? No, are you cereal? Cereal!

Dude, if I ever say that word again, I need to be punched in the face and have my virginal rosebud popped.
[size=84:07170]You Can’t Hear the Fat Lady Because Diabetes Killed Her.[/size:07170]
hainted

Postby hainted » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:09 pm

I thought it was a funny episode because it was such an accurate depiction of Al Gore the special Olympian/super hero.
Cartman's Top Enemy

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:11 pm

kfgg wrote:
Paul101 wrote:I'm curious as to why Matt and Trey haven't been making more fun of politicians that actually have an effect on our lives as Americans. George Bush and his entire administration are basically running this country into a shithole, why not make fun of that?

Al Gore, for example, will most likely not influence anyone's opinion, so why waste an ENTIRE episode on him? And by the way, there are plenty of shows on TV that insult democrats, most of them are on the FOX news channel.

They got Bush and Condelizza Rice going to Fox asking them to censor a show because of terrorists on Cartoon Wars.

They got Bush on Best Friends Forever.

They got Bush on Ladder To Heaven

They refered to Bush as a "Turd Sandwich" on Deuche & Turd.

They got Tommy Thompson on the ass face episode (forgot the name at the moment)

They made an entire TV series on Bush in 2001 called "That's My Bush"

They got Gary Condit on Butters' Very Own Episode. Gary Condit is a "Blue Dog Democrat" which means he's a more conservative Democrat (mostly socially)

so its far from "Just democrats"

If they make fun of Liberals/etc more its because they are usually involved in stuff thats more funny to make fun of:

PETA
Save The Rainforest
Earth Day
Hippies
etc

Yeah, but, when they "get" Dubya, it's usally a poke in the ribs, not shove-a-hand-up-their-ass-and-pull-out-their-organs kind of "getting."

The right has a whole lot of targets:

Bill "Falafel Man" O'Reilly
FOX "News"
Ann Coulter, who looks more like a crack whore than Mrs. Cartman
Rush "the Doctor Shopper" Limbaugh
Karl Rove, the man behind the curtain
etc. :)
His attack, his goading and his quick departure from the discussion...clearly demonstrates that [Mr.Hat_DX27], like Stovepipe_Jam, Killahertz9, TheTowlieConnection and others before him, has no integrity.
rankorder

Postby rankorder » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:17 pm

Cartman's Top Enemy wrote:Yeah, but, when they "get" Dubya, it's usally a poke in the ribs, not shove-a-hand-up-their-ass-and-pull-out-their-organs kind of "getting."

FOX "News"

Too easy. Leave that crap for The Daily Show. Jon Stewart needs all the "easy" he can get.
djadonis206

Postby djadonis206 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:21 pm

hainted wrote:I thought it was a funny episode because it was such an accurate depiction of Al Gore the special Olympian/super hero.

Am I the only one who thinks that the show was a play on Napolean Dynamite i.e. the way Al gore talked and the MANBEARPIG? The Liger?

I didn't associate MANBEARPIG with Global Warming - that's old news

I think it was just a satire of Napolean Dynamite - am I wrong?
"...So Long Balls!"
hainted

Postby hainted » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:34 pm

Toshiro wrote:
Tweeks_Coffee wrote:I must've missed something, is there a particular reason they chose to attack Al Gore now?

Because he has a movie (yes, Al Gore speaking for well over an hour!!) coming out that is the single most horrifying movie you will see and must see unless you want your children to die.

Haha,Al Gore is always fair game.
He's a much much more retarded version of Forrest Gump.
But we musn't forget that he is pure evil.
Grizim

Postby Grizim » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:36 pm

kfgg just because PETA's an activist group doesn't mean it's Liberal. PETA is far from Liberal, trust me. Hell PETA's even at war right now with Femonism because Femonists were protesting PETA's use of naked women during their protests.

And CTE (or if you want to be referred to as something else), you really need to cut the sensetivity. I'm not meaning that with any offense toward you at all, I'm just saying that when you're making Cartman jokes you're an awesome and funny guy but when you get more on your serious side, I really think you should chill.
As enjoyable as abuse.
mbvfan

Postby mbvfan » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:45 pm

Cartman's Top Enemy wrote:
Yeah, but, when they "get" Dubya, it's usally a poke in the ribs, not shove-a-hand-up-their-ass-and-pull-out-their-organs kind of "getting."

FOX "News"

It seem to me that M&T try to avoid the easy target. It is safe and obvious to goof on the people listed above. Besides, most comedy shows are regularly doing just that. The Simpsons really like to rake Republicans over the coals (and do a great job of it). Playing the Devil's Advocate for laughs is something that M&T do better than anyone else in the media.
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:08 pm

I don't think they were making fun of Al Gore so much for his politics but for his personality. As someone already pointed out this was done several times on the Animaniacs series. I was a Gore supporter in 2000 and I still laughed throughout the episode, especially the parts when Al Gore started whining and crying when nobody would take him "serial". Besides after a whole separate series making fun of Bush this is the first and only time they've ever made fun of Al Gore. The part about Gore pushing away his friends is somewhat true too; back in 2000 he tried to dissociate himself from Clinton and refused to let Bill campaign for him.

Hell even if the metaphor were present, it does not automatically give the episode an anti-environmental message. The alarmism and attention-seeking were being lampooned. Notice how Al Gore spent all his time making stuff up and trying to scare people rather than conducting a scientific investigation? Notice how he dragged the boys along claiming he was trying to make the world safer for them, only to save only his own skin and abandon them for dead?

The episode was a classic SP adventure involving the 4 boys, who all got great roles. It was based on 2 current events, and the animation was of noticeably higher quality. Cartman got what he deserved, Kenny got out in one piece, Kyle got to play the hero, and Stan had an indignant speech at the end. Compared to last week's episode, the jokes were actually funny throughout.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:23 pm

I still think it was a decent episode. I just hope I don't have to put up with a bunch of dorky little teenagers using the word "serial" over and over now.

You read it! You can't unread it!
KennyRules_2323

Postby KennyRules_2323 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:30 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:I still think it was a decent episode. I just hope I don't have to put up with a bunch of dorky little teenagers using the word "serial" over and over now.

I've seen 3 people already say "serial" already! :x
Anyways the ep was pretty good, and change the 3 people to 4 :roll:
Ignore the screenname and pay attention to the post :P

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”