*1006: Manbearpig*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

smartowel

Postby smartowel » Wed May 03, 2006 1:20 am

I really don't understand the whole 'serial' thing. Did people actually say that instead of 'serious' before this episode? They need to be shot...
CoS_sux

Postby CoS_sux » Wed May 03, 2006 1:43 am

I hope cerial sticks cause it's funny.
Tom Cruise is my nomination for douchebag of the universe. :)
ICS

Postby ICS » Wed May 03, 2006 2:31 am

i think the whole real meaning of this thread is to stay away from those strange people. im guilty of feeling bad for people who i dont think have friend, but its not a good idea. remember, they dont have friends for a reason.

this one kid who used to come to our bar had no friends and was rather strange, but id talk to him, even smoke a bowl with him now and again. i felt bad like Stan did. well, the f*cker ended up killing an old lady, he stabbed her in the head and beat the sh*t out of her. she was 84, if he wanted to rob her i think he would've been able to do it without killing her (not that robbing her would've been right either). this was 2 days after i had this kid in my car, what if he tried that sh*t on me. true story.

so kids, dont feel bad for those people with no friend, it will only get you in sh*t.
knowledge without follow-through is worse then no knowledge at all - Bukowski
aristottlesdeathwish

Postby aristottlesdeathwish » Wed May 03, 2006 2:33 am

Al Gore is like a cross between Napolean Dynamite and Stan Lee! :)
"When you do something right, no one knows you have done anything at all"=Futurama
UWMPantherholic

Postby UWMPantherholic » Wed May 03, 2006 2:48 am

god, what a terrible episode. this season has been very disappointing so far. nowhere as good as the other seasons. hopefully they start pumping out some better soon. i don't wanna wait another few months to laugh.
Toshiro

Postby Toshiro » Wed May 03, 2006 3:49 am

ICS wrote:this one kid who used to come to our bar had no friends and was rather strange, but id talk to him, even smoke a bowl with him now and again. i felt bad like Stan did. well, the f*cker ended up killing an old lady, he stabbed her in the head and beat the sh*t out of her. she was 84, if he wanted to rob her i think he would've been able to do it without killing her (not that robbing her would've been right either). this was 2 days after i had this kid in my car, what if he tried that sh*t on me. true story.

Yeah...but at least he wasn't Al Gore.

:o
tjrd

Postby tjrd » Wed May 03, 2006 6:32 pm

ICS wrote:this one kid who used to come to our bar had no friends and was rather strange, but id talk to him, even smoke a bowl with him now and again. i felt bad like Stan did. well, the f*cker ended up killing an old lady, he stabbed her in the head and beat the sh*t out of her. she was 84, if he wanted to rob her i think he would've been able to do it without killing her (not that robbing her would've been right either). this was 2 days after i had this kid in my car, what if he tried that sh*t on me. true story.

so kids, dont feel bad for those people with no friend, it will only get you in sh*t.

While it's tough you've had that happen to you, please don't draw such enormously stigmatizing conclusions. Some people are strange, some people have no friends, some people are going to murder someone. If a person happens to fall into all three categories, that still doesn't make them connect.
Let's fighting love!
Searching for Treasure

Postby Searching for Treasure » Thu May 04, 2006 6:45 am

Well I dunno, I kinda got a kick out of it. I was a little bit annoyed at the pointlessness of Al Gore. They could have just had some random dude (ala planearium guy or something) and the whole episode could have been improved. I only say this because they didn't rip on Gore too bad, just the serial thing and EXCELSIOR, neither of which were comic gems or anything (Stan saying serial was much funnier though). Manbearpig felt forced too, unless they follow up on it.

This episode was really like 2 episodes split in half to me. One half was kids get stuck in cave, Cartman finds fake treasure, etc. The other half was Al Gore hits town, says some obscure catch phrases a few times, and looks for some random manbearpig thing? How does this relate to Al Gore at all? Were they just looking for some way to get the kids in the cave?

Eh oh well, it was still a decent episode overall.
MissingOctober

Postby MissingOctober » Thu May 04, 2006 6:21 pm

Okay, I just now finished the episode and how did Kyle and Cartman come up from the water? I mean, I thought Kyle was struggling to swim and carry Cartman. I at least thought they were going to show Manbearpig save them. It doesn't make sense. If they were having a hard time in that water then they just can't come up! They have to be saved. Manbearpig.... I'm super serial! Lol.
nall
Site Admin

*1006* Manbearpig

Postby nall » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:50 pm

The boys are trapped in a cave and Cartman finds treasure.
NinjaSkittles

Re: *1006: Manbearpig*

Postby NinjaSkittles » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:52 pm

LOVE THIS!! 10/10 :)
Brendle

Re: *1006: Manbearpig*

Postby Brendle » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:13 pm

This really was an embarrassing episode...it proved that sometimes Matt and Trey just have no clue what they're talking about.

They essentially denied global warming in this episode. Bet they feel a bit stupid now, huh?
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”