*1007: Tsst*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

SouthofHeaven

Postby SouthofHeaven » Thu May 04, 2006 6:07 am

What a great episode, this is probably my third favorite out of any season, 4 out of 4 stars. All I gotta say is- well done Matt & Trey- you delivered a great first-half season. :D
Who's a jigga wha?
mokmoof

Re: Back on track

Postby mokmoof » Thu May 04, 2006 6:15 am

peanut hut wrote:Breathing a sigh of relief for the show...

With an increadibly weak start to the season, I was fearing the end was near. Last week was ok and the Highbred episode was funny, but "Tsst" was awsome. Smart, funny, and no real message.

Weak start to the season?! "The Return of Chef" was eloquent and amazing from beginning to end.

Call me crazy, but I LOVE the episodes that are "all up their own ass with messages." That's what sets South Park apart. Matt and Trey have impeccable satirical wits and enormous balls; they tackle current events in inventive and clever ways; they're willing to call bullsh*t anywhere they see it. Only The Daily Show (and The Colbert Report) can compete in that department.

So why is it such a relief when a new episode is "like the old ones?" The old ones were great, but the show has gotten better over the years--not worse. South Park has always been known for pushing the envelope, for shattering taboos. Well, that’s about more than having characters swear and eat sh*t. It's also about dealing with issues that people either aren't talking about or are only discussing with Talking Points.

Don't get me wrong. Tonight's episode was damn amusing and powerfully strange (that psychomachia thing really came out of nowhere).

Hm. I never realized that Cartman is a sociopath ONLY because his mom spoils him... that's quite a statement. Almost a "message," if you will.
nojo

Postby nojo » Thu May 04, 2006 6:19 am

Well, thank god that four-week dry spell came to an end. I was beginning to get worried.
nojo

Postby nojo » Thu May 04, 2006 6:37 am

JDG128 wrote:I gotta say that was actually one of the saddest endings. Not sad as in pathetic... just sad. Lianne's so freakin' lonely she undid all the good work that had been done. Of course, it's to be expected that things are back to normal by the end. It's just the way it happened that stuck out to me as being kinda tragic.

There's a reminder of Cartman himself in Smug Alert: Much as he wants Kyle gone, he also needs Kyle to abuse. Be careful what you wish for.

In any event, a very appropriate and well-observed ending. Restores my faith.
Searching for Treasure

Postby Searching for Treasure » Thu May 04, 2006 6:38 am

This episode was so good it made me sign up. I was looking around the boards for a few weeks, ever since the whole Isaac Hayes fiasco. It seems like most of you guys have the same opinions I do about a lot of the season 10 stuff.

Tsst had so much going for it, this is by far the biggest leap the show has made from a bad show one week to a good one the next. I thought the reference to Saw in the beginning was great. I didn't recognize the other movie references, but that made it seem surreal, which added another twist to it.

I've never seen the Dog Whisperer, but Cesar Milan was hilarious. Right when he walked in the door all the way up to the next commercial break I was cracking up.

I don't know how to continue this, there wasn't really anything bad about this one. I'd have an easier time picking out all the flaws than picking out the high points, but nobody really likes seeing that (unless it's deserved, like A Million Little Fibers).

But wow, this had everything going for it. I noticed something strange too... I'm starting to get a feel for what direction they are going to go in for the next scene, but this time it somehow made it funnier. The anticipation killed me even more than the punchline did at times.

I think Awesom-o is the last one that left me this satisfied after I saw it.
j_evenstar

Postby j_evenstar » Thu May 04, 2006 6:51 am

if this is actually the end for this season, then i'll have a lots of time to catch up and watch the previous seasons! :lol:
JDG128

Postby JDG128 » Thu May 04, 2006 6:58 am

j_evenstar wrote:if this is actually the end for this season, then i'll have a lots of time to catch up and watch the previous seasons! :lol:

This is the end of the first half of the season. South Park starts its seasons with a spring run of 7 or 8 episodes, takes summer off, and then continues the season with another 7 or 8 episodes in fall. Sorta the opposite of most shows that start their season in fall and end in spring. Season 10 continues in October, Season 11 begins in March 2007, and so on.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Thu May 04, 2006 7:33 am

Wow, this was the first episode of this season that I actually really liked..No preaching about politics..No real trashing of the celebrities on the show. Just alot of focus on the characters. The story was pretty good, and it was funny to see Le-an actually disciplining her little pig of a son for once. Also, nice references to The Omen and Saw ( Cartman getting a kid to hacksaw his foot off), as a horror fan, I really appreciated that.
W.A.C.

Postby W.A.C. » Thu May 04, 2006 8:02 am

That episode was awesome. This is my 2nd favorite episode of the 10th season. Cartman finally changed and then his mom messed up big time. XD That would have been funny if they actually made Cartman polite and nice for say half a season and then on the last episode of the season to make him go crazy or something where he turns back. I dunno. I'm just glad for the great episode. :P
egotunosvos

Postby egotunosvos » Thu May 04, 2006 8:03 am

what are you ppl talking about?!? i've enjoyed every episode of SP. this whole season has been great, i even enjoyed "a million little fibers".

this episode does seem to setup a sequel. i saw the reference to "saw". at the end of the episode, they say something like "anti cristus". is that in "the omen"? i haven't seen "the omen". all i know that is that they say "veni, veni, venias, ne me mori facias" b/c those lyrics are also found in the "one-winged angel" song from "final fantasy VII.
Hey Everyone!
meanpenguinxman

Postby meanpenguinxman » Thu May 04, 2006 8:37 am

yea id say this was one hell of an episode. too bad no more till the fall. oh well new eps of celebrity deathmatch start (after 4 years) june 9th
i sure wish i knew how to post a picture thing here (sigh)
silverarj

Postby silverarj » Thu May 04, 2006 9:22 am

woohoo!! tsst is soooo tits!!!!
chodestone

Postby chodestone » Thu May 04, 2006 9:27 am

Good episode! Didn't quite make up for the 3 poor episodes in the season so far (being Smug Alert, A Million Little Fibers and Manbearpig) but it was certainly an interesting one. I've always wonered when they would tackle Cartman's evilness head-on.

Very annoyed that we have to wait 6 months for the next episode. Kind of seems like this is the end of season 9, and season 10 will start in October. Oh well. Bring on the pain!
natbruce3

hehe

Postby natbruce3 » Thu May 04, 2006 9:42 am

sweet mother of vartan! that was sweet!

hilarious episode, kinda sad the seasons now over

nice ending it seems that cartman and his mum really are extremely co-dependent on each other, if cartman was a swotty boring little pussy, then his mom would have nobody to spoil or love. Then again she seems depressed when cartman is bad as well...but showering cartman with praise and attention seems to fill her void. Almost like cartman's eating habits and general hate to most people, give him some comfort. They love each other though. Which is nice.

in a homosexual sorta way.

kyle and stan suck balls maybe they should develop some personality or just get gay with each other. cause they bore the sh*t outta me. cartman makes this show.
androidclark1

Postby androidclark1 » Thu May 04, 2006 9:50 am

cool episode! a definite return to form and surprise surprise it was because the whole ep centred around cartman

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”