*1007: Tsst*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

SPF4L#1

Postby SPF4L#1 » Thu May 04, 2006 5:09 pm

Brilliant. Very good episode here, possibly my favourite of the run. Very impressed with this and overall, season ten hasn't been so bad now.
If you can be bothered...please check out this poll:
http://misterpoll.com/4270026923.html
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Thu May 04, 2006 5:17 pm

Weak run capped off by a great episode. Bravo. Don't have much to say about it besides that. Funny through and through.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
MissingOctober

Postby MissingOctober » Thu May 04, 2006 5:22 pm

I liked the episode, it was good. Finally an episode that had to do with the boys! Like, it wasn't political and it was just about a character- Cartman. Cartman rocks!

I'm also glad they ragged on SuperNanny and Nanny 911. I don't understand how sitting in one spot is supposed to be discipline for a child. My mom was strict with me and I'm a good kid. I secretly don't want to be... but that's another issue. Lol. I like how Cesar was telling Liane to just ignore Eric. Too bad she turned back to her old way, though. Lol!
cartman8213

Postby cartman8213 » Thu May 04, 2006 6:04 pm

FromTheBeginning wrote:I wish Cartman would have turn into a "goody 2 shoes." Then maybe there would be some freshness in the episodes.

Yeah, why don't we make Kyle mean, too. You seriously don't know what you want do you? What episode had someone like the dog whisperer in it before this episode? Please enlighten me.
Officially blending in with all the Cartman fans.
Thanks b489 and KTS for sig
Killahertz9

Postby Killahertz9 » Thu May 04, 2006 6:10 pm

Killahertz9 wrote:f*ck YEAH!!

I'm predicting....that's right....you heard it hear. That this episode will f*cking ROCK!

I went to Costco this morning and got a bunch of goodies for tonight. I just cleaned my ROOR and I have a 3 finger lid of some killer. Bought a shitload of wine downloaded every episode this season. Gonna watch all 7 episodes tonight.

If your balls have dropped and you can make it out to my place, all are welcome.

I'm just gonna quote myself and sit on this mountain for a bit.

It feels good to be right.
bbjerk63

my first post

Postby bbjerk63 » Thu May 04, 2006 6:10 pm

This episode was pretty good....no complaints here....season 10 has been very good, imo, and i dont understand why there is so much hate towards 1005 and 1006...the more i watch both of those episodes the more i laugh...kind of like ginger kids and wilzyk or whatever that god damn whale was called...the end of cartoon wars was probably the hardest ive ever laughed....look at me im jesus...brilliant stuff...and the al gore one was pretty funny "does your dad have large hooves where his feet should be?" and when hes making the manbearpig call..its growing on me.

If you own the dvds like i do and listen to the commentary matt and trey dont always like their episodes either (they dont even like all of season 2) but to start calling out "an end of south park" is sacreligious! just because you might not like a couple of newer episodes doesnt mean its the end to one of the greatest shows of all time..

i know some have been disapointed by the last couple of episodes, but south park didnt start out being a satire on anything and if you expect that week in and week out then you are just fooling yourself..

Matt and trey dont really give a rats ass if you watch their show or not because it seems like they are having a lot of fun and anyone who has the balls to call out scientology, muslim extremeists and oprah must have some pretty large cojones..

peace out
Im sorry your gay little song killed your friend
cartman8213

Postby cartman8213 » Thu May 04, 2006 6:15 pm

:shock: Excuse me, sir, but I think Matt and Trey do care if people watch their show or not because they wouldn't make any money and they would go off the air. :wink:
Officially blending in with all the Cartman fans.
Thanks b489 and KTS for sig
nojo

Postby nojo » Thu May 04, 2006 6:59 pm

cartman8213 wrote:Excuse me, sir, but I think Matt and Trey do care if people watch their show or not because they wouldn't make any money and they would go off the air.

From what I understand, they're both set for life, so it ain't about the money at this point.

They'll keep doing the show as long as it amuses them, whether or not it amuses us.
Troll Whisperer
tom brownish

Postby tom brownish » Thu May 04, 2006 7:00 pm

what about this:

i think the ending can be seen 3 different ways:

1. (seems to be the most common view) Cartman really was reformed, and Liane forgetting all she'd learned at the end (because she's so lonely and Cesar blew her off) reawakened the fatass.

2. Cartman's evil side actually won out in the "altered states" battle and he never reformed at all. he only pretended to have reformed to get rid of the dog whisperer. he tested his mom by asking for 2 mega rangers to see if she would cave. she did (which i agree was a really sad moment) and he knew he was back in charge.

3. The ending was actually kind of a cliffhanger. Cartman really WAS reformed, but Liane at the end rekindled just a little spark of the fatass. (The "omen" music played, but notice Cartman's expression didn't change like I expected. that little detail really sticks out...) Maybe the show's gonna play with his split nature a liitle longer... or something more complex than an instant return to fatassness will happen....

no matter what, GREAT episode.

And my 2 cents: I thought all of this season has been just fine... except AMLFibers which was just wrong. Return of Chef: excellent and sad. Smug Alert: hilarious. Cartoon wars 1: good, CW2: almost classic, Manbear: good with a few great laughs.
did you just flip me off?
NotAFanBoy

Postby NotAFanBoy » Thu May 04, 2006 7:16 pm

I don't see it that way.

Cartman chose to not kill his mother because he realized that the world doesn't revolve around him. He made the choice to realize that himself. He wasn't "reformed". He came back at the end.

He's generally a little bastard. But that's because he's a f*cking CHILD.
Grizim

Postby Grizim » Thu May 04, 2006 7:33 pm

Good episode. I liked it. Cartman acting like a good dog at first with his head cowering was funny as hell. I think my f*cking assh*le of a dog needs training like that.
As enjoyable as abuse.
RAppel

Postby RAppel » Thu May 04, 2006 7:38 pm

Liane thought she had made a new friend she could spent time with. When she realizes that Cesar isn't interested in being her friend she turns to the only real friend she ever had, Cartman. He was reformed but when she tried to persuade him, by bying him stuff, to go with her, his old self came back.

So the problem really lies with Liane. She would do anything to have a friend even though it means that Cartman is a pain in the ass.

That's how I see it.
DVDA - Now You're A Man
http://www.tinyurl.dk/9507
Matty17

Postby Matty17 » Thu May 04, 2006 7:57 pm

I didnt like that episode. Started of alright, for the first few minutes, but from there it dropped down.

ManBearPig was better, IMO.
I am better
DestinyBlue

Postby DestinyBlue » Thu May 04, 2006 8:19 pm

My second favourite episode this season! It didnt quite top 'Return of Chef' because that was just done amazingly but its up there :D

Though again I felt like I missed a trick because I have never heard of.... whatever his name was XD that dog man... or the show- as I assume its American. We get 'Its me of the Dog' and 'Dog Borstal' here in the Kingdom which is Uninted, but iv never heard of the 'Dog Whisperer' or the poke them on the neck and say tsst idea, it probubly would have been funnier if I had of known....
Infact I found the part with the nannies much more funny than the dog wisperer because I know who they were. Especialy when they called jojo, which iv seen quite a bit so I was laughing so hard and the way the the south park opening title mimmicked the real one, it was just grat XD but yeah as I havent seen the dog guy a bit was lost on me ;-;

When the episode ended I was unsure weather Cartman was fully turned back to the good(well bad) ol' Cartman we know and love. It will be seen when the seasons second half commences ;) Personally id love to see cartmans 'good' side explored and see if he was actully changed at all or if he will exploit his mum more now shes vunerable and he knows how to get things off her XD I would be awsome if they explored some more of Cartmans phsyke with it :D acutuly I woud have thought it would have been great if they had of made this a two parter and this half of the season endded with us all thinking Cartman had turned into a goody two shoes- hehe I just love controversy to much ;) but people would be seriously pissed off, and then next ep theyd just reveal he was faking/or when his mum pussed out he realised he could exploit her. Im not sure which it was in this actual ep XD

But yeah, I enjoyed this one quite a lot. Though perhaps not a classic for me, as the other boys did act a bit well... nothing... thats exactly my point. :P still it leaves me in high hopes that the tailhalf of the season will be killer (season 6 anyone? ;))
nojo

Postby nojo » Thu May 04, 2006 8:34 pm

DestinyBlue wrote:Though again I felt like I missed a trick because I have never heard of.... whatever his name was XD that dog man... or the show- as I assume its American.

Kind of an American Barbara Woodhouse (walkies!), but you don't need to have seen the show to get the joke: "Don't reason with it, don't argue with it -- just dominate it."
Troll Whisperer

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”