*1009: Mystery of the Urinal Deuce*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

corneliusduff

Postby corneliusduff » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:48 pm

I thought the funniest part of the episode was when Bush said "we started the conspiracy theories to make people think the gov't was under control". The government prints money, writes/implements the law, carries out official war, holds prisoners and has NO CONTROL. They just got rid of habeas corpus last week (for those who aren't aware of what that is, here's a link http://www.lectlaw.com/def/h001.htm). If you don't believe me, go to google news and read up on the Military Commissions Act. It's scary how much the willingly ignorant in this country reminds me of Nazi Germany. Im not saying you have the same beliefs as a Nazi if you choose to not care, you're just heading down the same path.

Last night's episode did a good job of what South Park does, pissing everyone off. But the ending was just weak. The twists were funny, but calling anyone retarded for wanting justice is not. If you don't care about what happened on 9/11, then you deserve to fall victim to what's next. You're asking for it.
xWoodleDoodlex

Postby xWoodleDoodlex » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:09 pm

hear hear
It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a women's separation; this sort of penetration will increase the population of the younger generation!

UnkieHerb

Postby UnkieHerb » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:25 pm

Wow. For the most part, that episode was in the same good-but-not-classic catagory as ManBearPig. Then Stan pulled a gun on Kyle. That and the fact that Cartman didn't hog all the screentime made this episode classic.

"Ooh, I've got a raging clue."
djadonis206

Postby djadonis206 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:09 pm

another great episode!

Some pissed off Muslims! plain and simple

awesome!!!

2 in a row - if they can pull off 3 good episodes in a row that's pimp game

Mr. Mackies references to the crap in the urinal was classic

good job SP!
"...So Long Balls!"
BooRadley2

Postby BooRadley2 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:14 pm

Someone, for the love of God, please explain what the whole "Hardly Boys" thing was about. I just don't get it.

Thanks,

tomkorioth@yahoo.com
markawil

Postby markawil » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:21 pm

corneliusduff wrote:I thought the funniest part of the episode was when Bush said "we started the conspiracy theories to make people think the gov't was under control".

I think that makes sense, seeing they can hardly figure out how to defeat 2 raging insurgencies in 2 wars they started.

The government prints money

which regularly gets copied and forged which is why every year we see a new type printed to further make it difficult for counterfitters who seem to be smart enough to eventually copy what they do.

writes/implements the law

which half the time don't work or aren't effective, i.e. immigration control (or lack there of), assault weapons ban (which did absolutely nothing to rates of gun crime), brady bill (again did nothing), should I look up more failed legislation?

carries out official war

which again seems to be failing. (isn't it amazing they're able to pull off the most massive conspiracy in known history yet they can't get ragtag insurgents in Iraq to be eliminated? or ragtag pashtun tribesmen who make up the Taliban under control either).

holds prisoners

who wind up giving them little helpful information, or who escape. Read the news lately? A major Taliban leader escaped one of their prisons in Kabul and is now back doing what they do best. Or their released from Gitmo, after realizing they were just a cook for bin Laden or a driver then come back to be the spokesman for recruiting more jihadis. Read the book Chain of Command, you'll realize how inept this govt. has been.

It's scary how much the willingly ignorant in this country reminds me of Nazi Germany. I'm not saying you have the same beliefs as a Nazi if you choose to not care, you're just heading down the same path.

the classic last ditch effort of any one on the far right or left, i.e. to compare their counterparts to Nazis. classic. Trust me, if this system were anything like Nazi Germany or heading in that direction there wouldn't be forums and you wouldn't exist.

The twists were funny, but calling anyone retarded for wanting justice is not. If you don't care about what happened on 9/11, then you deserve to fall victim to what's next. You're asking for it.

yes all of you are retarded, jihadi apologists. What is your muslim name if I can ask? If not, you'll be one I'm sure in a few years.
Last edited by markawil on Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
markawil

Postby markawil » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:25 pm

djadonis206 wrote:Mr. Mackies references to the crap in the urinal was classic

I think that was the funniest part of the plot. His continuation of laying out graphically what happened, and each time he had a different name for a turd. classic. Someone will have a list shortly of every term he used.
Blackrain4xmas

Postby Blackrain4xmas » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:50 pm

markawil wrote:
corneliusduff wrote:I thought the funniest part of the episode was when Bush said "we started the conspiracy theories to make people think the gov't was under control".

I think that makes sense, seeing they can hardly figure out how to defeat 2 raging insurgencies in 2 wars they started.

which regularly gets copied and forged which is why every year we see a new type printed to further make it difficult for counterfitters who seem to be smart enough to eventually copy what they do.

which half the time don't work or aren't effective, i.e. immigration control (or lack there of), assault weapons ban (which did absolutely nothing to rates of gun crime), brady bill (again did nothing), should I look up more failed legislation?

carries out official war

which again seems to be failing. (isn't it amazing they're able to pull off the most massive conspiracy in known history yet they can't get ragtag insurgents in Iraq to be eliminated? or ragtag pashtun tribesmen who make up the Taliban under control either).

holds prisoners

who wind up giving them little helpful information, or who escape. Read the news lately? A major Taliban leader escaped one of their prisons in Kabul and is now back doing what they do best. Or their released from Gitmo, after realizing they were just a cook for bin Laden or a driver then come back to be the spokesman for recruiting more jihadis. Read the book Chain of Command, you'll realize how inept this govt. has been.

It's scary how much the willingly ignorant in this country reminds me of Nazi Germany. I'm not saying you have the same beliefs as a Nazi if you choose to not care, you're just heading down the same path.

the classic last ditch effort of any one on the far right or left, i.e. to compare their counterparts to Nazis. classic. Trust me, if this system were anything like Nazi Germany or heading in that direction there wouldn't be forums and you wouldn't exist.

The twists were funny, but calling anyone retarded for wanting justice is not. If you don't care about what happened on 9/11, then you deserve to fall victim to what's next. You're asking for it.

yes all of you are retarded, jihadi apologists. What is your muslim name if I can ask? If not, you'll be one I'm sure in a few years.
:cartmanlaugh:
SterileEyes

Postby SterileEyes » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:58 pm

I love it.

If we don't buy the conspiracies, we don't want justice for the 3,000 who died.

I want Osama caught and brought to justice. You're too busy trying to blame someone else that you don't even watch his and Zawahiri's videos where they threaten more attacks and admit they were responsible. One 'truther' I know said that you just can't trust the Bin Laden tapes because the news networks don't faithfully transcribe the Arabic. Desperate, paranoid, delusional people I must say.

I can only imagine how many of these '9/11 truth' crusaders are going to post long rambles about how all us 'non conspirators' are bad, ignorant, and uneducated people...and how we're following the obediant/all trusting path all the Nazi's did.

Non-conspiracy people aren't following blindly like Nazi's. 9/11 Conspirators, however, are following blindly and cherry picking their info on a path very similar to Holocaust deniers.

Just because I don't trust our government doesn't mean I'm about to believe they're smart/competant/evil enough to pull off 9/11. These theorists make anti-Bush people look bad. If anything, like the episode says, they make Bush look like he knows what he's doing.

Ok I'm gonna go drop a brown rag doll :)
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:25 pm

Good but not great. The convoluted ending was a perfect knock on Hardy Boys gayness. Or at least that's what my friend who's actually read some of those books said. I was more of an Encyclopedia Brown fan. (Come to think of it, Encyclopedia Brown might have been a better choice considering what they were brought in to investigate -- but I don't know if anyone else has ever read or heard of those books.)

Cartman's song was classic and calling a turd a "fudge dragon" was something I'm going to steal. But while they were funny, Mackey's descriptions took a little too long to pay off, which I would guess was caused by Trey re-engineering the last act a number of times and needing to use those as first and second act, easily animated fillers. But his outrage was awesome.

And nothing's gotta piss off those conspiracy nuts more than being accused of being controlled by the government. Well turned!

I'm willing to bet they brought in the new character LeRoy because it was indeed a mystery and you always need to introduce weird outside characters to complicate the case and throw the reader/viewer off.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:31 pm

I remember Encyclopedia Brown. It was like a little kiddie mystery series. Annoying as it was, though, The Hardy Boys were much gayer and so it's funnier to use them. Parodying something annoying usually ends up disastrous (i.e. Jakovasaurs parodying Jar Jar Binks.) However, parodying something ambiguously gay can turn to gold, as was the case with last night's episode.
corneliusduff

Postby corneliusduff » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:51 pm

Blackrain4xmas wrote:
markawil wrote:

carries out official war

holds prisoners

:cartmanlaugh:

Nazi reference is used as a references for ignoramuses, true. But that doesn't mean it's a false statement. Luckily, our rights have not been completely violated yet. Have you heard of Internet2? Bill Gates and others are advocating a total revamping of the internet to censor it, but they're trying to sell it off as 'protecing our children from internet predators" (a problem that can easily be prevented by competant parenting).

Im not saying the gov't is completely in control and competant. It all depends on the issue. You're right, immigration is a problem. A huge problem that is too complex to completely discuss here, but google pan american union and see what you get. As for prisons, of course people escape them that's nothing new, and it seriously doesn't surprise me that a Taliban member escaped. As for comparing the war to 9/11, planting bombs in a building where Marvin Bush runs security is a lot easier than, I don't know, say... taking an entire country from it's people or any one else defending it?

I don't support extreme muslim terrorism. I don't support any kind of terrorism, PERIOD. That's why I give a f#&k about who has the power to take my life at the push of a button.

"Nineteen people in a cave could make NORAD stand-down, fly Cessna planes and otherwise catch an elaborate and leading intelligence network off-guard, but the government could not because Bush is a moron?"
http://www.jonesreport.com/articles/111 ... k_911.html
braddock8

Postby braddock8 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:21 pm

"Nineteen people in a cave could make NORAD stand-down, fly Cessna planes and otherwise catch an elaborate and leading intelligence network off-guard, but the government could not because Bush is a moron?"

That's a false dilemma. Those aren't the only two possibilities.

For example, the following is very possible:

Nineteen people in a cave attempted to hijack planes and fly them into buildings. It worked because Bush, or more accurately, many people in many branches of government, are morons. The overabundance of beauracracy and miscommunication between government organizations are the reason the attacks were successful.

Is it so hard to believe that a) Terrorist organizations occasionally engage in terrorism, and b) the government is incompetent?
Warlock82

Postby Warlock82 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:35 pm

Stanley_Marsh109 wrote:Swing and a miss! This episode probably got 2 or 3 chuckles out of me, and that's it. A disappointment to say the least. Way too many plot twists and turns complicated the story to the point of taking what humor it had out of it. The whole defecating in the urinal bit got old after the first 5 references, as did the Hardly Boys routine.

Last week's episode kicked this one's ass. This one was about as bad as A Million Little Fibers. Both of them relied on the repetition of the same joke to achieve their comedic effect, and usually it doesn't work. Better luck next time.

That's how I feel too.. Not necessarily "bad", just not really funny. The jokes got old way too fast.

Probably the only funny part is that people actually believe that crap.
djadonis206

Postby djadonis206 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:50 pm

BooRadley2 wrote:Someone, for the love of God, please explain what the whole "Hardly Boys" thing was about. I just don't get it.

Thanks,

tomkorioth@yahoo.com

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hardy_Boys

I'm getting a clue
me too
my clue is pointing over there

Clue Glue
"...So Long Balls!"

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”