*1010: Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:16 am

Two other things I forgot to mention...

About the whole hot teacher/student debacle; To quote a wise man, Danny Balis, "I'm so confused... and aroused."

Also, I'd give a year off the end of my life to never hear 'Afternoon Delight' ever, ever again.
Grizim

Postby Grizim » Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:22 am

I have to admit that the episode was amazing. Cartman was fresh and immature and stupid, Ike was featured, and the whole Dog spoof cracked me up. Cartman said "authoritah", and he was a lot like how he was when he was a cop.

Only minor problems:

Butters f*cking pissed me off as usual.

The lady got a little too creepy at times.

Kyle should know nothing about serious relationships being that he's nine years old. That was the only time in this episode though that I recall any of the boys going off character/age.

I don't like to rate episodes because I'm usually fickle with the ratings, but what I'll say is that the episode was brilliant.
As enjoyable as abuse.
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:29 am

Great episode

I'm glad they finally tackled teacher sex scandals in an episode. It was only a little bit politicial,but still turned out to be hillarious.

I liked the reference to "ginrger kids" at the beginning of the episode. And cartman getting authoritah is always funny. I didn't really get the references to this "dawg bounty hunter" guy though.

I would have never guessed that the student would have been Ike. Just as in 1009 I was totally shocked by this episode. I think that this episode built ike's character a little bit. We got to see manipulative Ike, we go to see Ike in love(sort of), and we got to see Ike play a big role in an episode. I was a little afraid that they were actually going to kill Ike at the end,but they didn't.

Great episode.So far they're 3 for 3. And I hope that they're able to keep it up for the rest of the season. Happy 150th episode.

Final rating: 9/10
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:31 am

...Okay, now that I finally have a chance to be on my computer for more than one minute, I can finally give my opinion about 1010.

I thought that this episode was great. I really enjoyed watching it. The plot was awesome, and I laughed quite a few times. There were a lot of great moments.

First of all, Ike. Wow. I was not expecting Ike at all to be the student having the affair. When that was revealed I was all, "What?!" I found it to be really weird at first, primarly because Ike is only three years old. That, though, just made it all the more hysterical, since only South Park would do something as twisted as that. The huge age gap between the teacher and him was what made it funny. It seemed, to me, that Ike didn't even understand what was going on practically the whole time, since he is young and innocent, so it didn't really matter.

The Dawg. Man, was that so freaking funny. XD Although, I'm not familiar with 'Dog the Bounty Hunter', so I didn't understand all of the references that were made about it. Nonetheless, I still found it to be extremely funny. Seriously, when Cartman was singing "I am the Dawg, the big bad Dawwwwgg," I could barely contain myself from laughter. Cartman as the hall monitor was just as I expected: abusing his "authoritah" in every way possible.

I really enjoyed the Kyle and Ike interaction in this episode as well. There were a lot of awesome Kyle/Ike scenes. It was funny when Ike and Kyle were arguing in the hallway while their parents simply sat at the table and ignored it. The scene when Ike told Kyle, "You're dead to me," made my heart sink. D: Awww. I also liked the scene at the end when the embrace one another. So adorable. ^^

I thought it was sweet that Kyle was so concerned about Ike. He really was the only one who felt that Ike's relationship with his teacher was very inappropriate, which it was. I loved the scene when Kyle told his friends about the affair, and all of their expressions changed simultaneously. XD

The Cartman and Kyle interaction was done much differently from what I was expecting, but I actually enjoyed the way it turned out. Cartman willingly allowed Kyle to join him and his team. He didn't argue with him or anything, but instead he merely asked , "Are you in?" That was new. Of course, he wasn't doing it for Kyle. He was doing it because Ms. Stevenson committed a hallway infraction, but still, the fact that he let Kyle join in was cool.

And...the ending. That entire scene that took place on the roof of the hotel was fantastic. Ms. Stevenson's death was quite amusing. The way she was confused during her last few seconds of life, awaiting her death, was very funny. "Ike?"

If I had to compare this episode to last week's, I think I'd have to say that I enjoyed last week's episode just a bit more than this one. The main reason is most likely because MOTUD really grasped my attention with the many shocking twists. That episode was done so outstandingly well. This week's episode was just as good though. It was very enjoyable to watch. I loved it. This season just keeps getting better and better. I look forward to next week's episode. ^_^

One more thing...

Niccce. XD
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:24 am

I think when Kyle says

"I know your first love seems like the only love, but trust me its not. You have so much life ahead of you"

he's speaking from past expirence dealing with Stan in Raisins.

By the way, I watched Dog The Bounty Hunter on A&E On Demand last night and I absolutely laughed my ass off at how good their parody was.
Stan and Kyle :)
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:31 am

iceiwynd wrote:
Aym_Dand wrote:I just noticed that this is the second episode in a row containing a new character named Leeroy. Coincidence? Or conspiracy?!

Wikipedia's trivia section on this episode mentioned something about Leeroy Jenkins, a WoW character, I think. The note isn't there anymore for some reason, but really, with that addition, that's more like three in a row.

Alright now I'm freaking out!!!

J/p, that is odd though.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
Less Than Jake

Postby Less Than Jake » Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:09 pm

Didn't like this episode very much. But there were some funny parts. Kinda stupid though
My job is making sigs.
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:22 pm

Butters_The_Rapist wrote:
KennyStanWendyFan wrote:Butters was molested by his Uncle Bud, as mentioned in The Return of Chef.

Doood, Thomas (this dude next to me) he says to tell you, you liek forgot that Butters fingered Paris Hilton.

Ah yes. Good catch.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:59 pm

Grizim wrote:Kyle should have no first-hand experience about serious relationships being that he's nine years old. That was the only time in this episode though that I recall any of the boys going off character/age.

Fixed. A boy can learn a lot about serious relationships just looking at his parents, aunts and uncles, and friends (Kyle has no older sibling), but he shouldn't be concerned with them at his age, and he shouldn't need to explain anything to a three-year-old. But then the payoff moments later wouldn't have been as satisfactory.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:18 pm

Kyle had short-lived relationship experiences with Rebecca Cutswald, and he observed Stan's reaction to his breakup with Wendy, so he would have some knowledge of relationships. He's a bright kid.
Grizim

Postby Grizim » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:23 pm

KennyStanWendyFan wrote:Kyle had short-lived relationship experiences with Rebecca Cutswald, and he observed Stan's reaction to his breakup with Wendy, so he would have some knowledge of relationships. He's a bright kid.

You're correct that he is a bright kid. But he's also nine and should be immature, and shouldn't expose his brightness the way he did. Stan and Wendy's relationship was too young for even puppy love. Rebecca Cutsald was also eight and Kyle was eight. If I were to count elementary school relationships as real relationships, I would be calling myself a pimp right now because I had a lot of "girlfriends" from kindergarten to fourth grade.

Will is right, I worded my previous post wrong. But Kyle shouldn't care so much about serious relationships, whether he knows about them or not. He shouldn't lecture his younger brother like that. In that scene he definetely went off character. There's a difference between intelligence and maturity. There are smart little kids everywhere who are still apathetic about real romance because they're too young to care.
As enjoyable as abuse.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:37 pm

You seem to forget though, that mentally, the characters are hardly nine years old. That's where I'm willing to overlook it. In the earlier seasons, they were, but now they've matured a lot, lot more. That's fine if you don't like it, but it is true in how they act. Sometimes they act like nine year olds, and sometimes they don't (mostly when a point is to be made, whereas Cartman acted more like a nine year old in the very beginning of the episode).

And in that way Kyle would know about serious relationships. I think that the age thing was taken way more out of account by making Ike actually have sexual intercourse.
Grizim

Postby Grizim » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:51 pm

iceiwynd wrote:In the earlier seasons, they were

And that's why I say god bless the good old days, and screw now. But I'd rather it be Kyle who is too mature than Cartman. I thought Cartman was perfect in this episode. It's been a really, really long time since I've liked Cartman.

When a point is made, Matt and Trey should use the adults. Child maturity is not funny at all.
As enjoyable as abuse.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:15 pm

Why does child maturity have to be funny? You're not trying to be funny when you're directly stating a point. That's when you're trying to be taken seriously.

If the adults have no role in the episode, then it'd be pretty stupid to use them to make a point, wouldn't it? The kids are pretty much the stars of every episode. Besides, the adults are generally portrayed as morons. There's some humour in that.
Grizim

Postby Grizim » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:49 pm

Sorry but I watch it for the humor. Everything else is secondary. It is a comedy show.

The boys can make a point and still be immature. Stan made a point about marriage in Clubhouses to his dad and he kept his young boy persona. The show just gets too serious sometimes. It wasn't a problem "back then" but now it is.
As enjoyable as abuse.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”