*1011: Hell on Earth 2006*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Ubersturmfuehrer

Postby Ubersturmfuehrer » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:39 am

Except for the notorious B.I.G......in the immortal words of "Men on Film"....HATED IT!
Swede_Hanzon

Postby Swede_Hanzon » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:43 am

Definately one of the worst episodes of the season. I was looking forward to it a lot, and the fact that we were gonna see Saddam or Chris again got me more excited, but there was no boyfriend and this just wasn't funny.

The only part I laughed at was when the murderers were arguing with each other, although I thought it was a bit messy. They rely far too much on schock value and increasingly less on good humor.

Also it was so obvious from the beginning that they were just making a joke about spoiled american teenage girls. Using Satan. I think it's a little sub-standard for a show like South Park, which is one of the best shows of all time.

The last three episodes were pretty good though. Hope they have the strength to close the season in a better way than they executed this lousy episode.
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:47 am

All I can say is....VERY f*cking AWESOME!! Satanic, AND Fantastic!

Well, where to start. First off, TWEEK GOT TWO LINES....AGAIN!!! YAY! VERY YAY!!!!!

The ep was really f*cking funny. Satan acting like a sweet-16 snobby rich teenage girl, classic Satan, lets you know he’s still got his feminine side.

I don’t know why but I never find it old when they rip on Catholics the way they do. They were all pissed because they didn’t get invited to the party...I also found it funny how all the priests had shirtless little boys on leashes.

LOL, the “Three Murderers” show, those little sitcom-like sequences with those three murderer guys was funny. They kept killing people and stuff, it was amusing! All in the name of trying to make a cake that looks like a Ferrari!

Biggy Smalls, Biggy Smalls, Biggy Smalls! Butters, what a fool you are! You pissed off Biggy Smalls, now you bitch ass is his, nigga! Yes, Butters said the N word and I broke out laughing. Pushing the limits is always fun!

It was great how the episode had the boys in it, but they didn’t really play THAT much of a part, except for Butters, who both f*cked up and helped out Biggy Smalls. Plus TWEEK got TWO LINES! YAYAYAY!!! :D

EP RATING: 10/10 – Definitely my favourite so far
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Cerisa_Roz

Postby Cerisa_Roz » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:54 am

(Cross-posted mostly because I'm lazy..mostly)

I didn't catch it at 10, so I had to watch the rerun at 12. Why? 'Cause while waiting to watch, I suddenly zoned out and..fell asleep. When I woke up, it was 11:09. Urrgh..

No Halloween opening? Eh. It's alright..(I was kinda expecting that). The new theme does sound a lot more like the "4th Grade" remix from late season 4-5.

Satan certainly does look different, as does Hell itself. "-You are a LOOOSSER!". *snerk* Butters' house looked kinda different in this episode as well. No Kenny, but..eh. It's to be expected now. I'm not gonna whine about it all.

For some reason, I can see this episode probably being banned from CC by some offended Catholic organization as well. I wonder why? :roll: (Actually, I get the feeling quite a few people will be PO'd about the episode)

Butters was hilarious. :lol: at the use of "Oh Yeah" during the Ferrari-cake scene.

Three Murderers=Three Stooges. Hehehe. I loved the b/w title card parody..

..Yeah, that one scene at Satan's party. I know a LOT of people will probably even be arguing over that. The Irwin one. I blushed a bit myself at first when I saw the stingray.

For the costumes at the party, I saw a "Tickle Me Elmo", a green parody of Spongebob, a Spider-Man, and Thelonius was a Captain America. I saw a Bananaman and a pickle guy as well..

Hilarious episode. It was about time they did another Halloween one! It was only a seven-year gap since the last one, after all!
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:58 am

I'm 50/50 on the Catholic bashing probably because I'm a Catholic. I just go to church however I don't know what really goes on with the cleargy so I can't say 100% But the boys on the leashes was pretty funny and the comment of calling the fire marshall. I'm sure The Catholic League and all those other organizations will be furious knowing them. They don't get the joke.

I cannot stress enough how funny the whole Biggie thing was. Especially with Butters talking ghetto and his dad wondering why his mom lets him watch BET.

I loved how Butters called him a "Hip Hop Rapper" and "But dad he's gonna pop a cap in my ass"

The killers part didn't not amuse me. It was just a quick filler IMO.

Overall I give it a 8/10. It seemed to speed by too fast with too many quick throw ins but the Biggie thing really was funny and made it a classic.
Stan and Kyle :)
Aym_Dand

Postby Aym_Dand » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:33 am

The TV told me to come here, so I came here. Hello, my best friends. I enjoy South Park too. Do you? Nice to meet you, friends. I liked this episode too. Did you too?

I love you, South Park friends.

Love,

Dan

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
Stanley_Marsh109

Postby Stanley_Marsh109 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:35 am

I'm conflicted on this episode. On the one hand Satan rocked. He's such a child and a whiney bitch, it's so f*cking hilarious! On the other the whole 3 Stooges bit and the Biggie part, while somewhat funny, took up too much time that could've been spent on the star of the episode, Satan. It seemed like the episode lasted 10 minutes, and then it was all over.

I'll give it a 7/10 because Satan was the only really funny part that made the episode. The rest was just filler IMO. Maybe it's just one of those eps that you have to watch a few times to get the full flavor.

To tell the truth, I'm not really digging this run so far. Make Love, Not Warcraft is only funny for people who know something about it. The Mystery of the Urinal Deuce was not funny at all IMO. Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy was pretty good- if you knew about Dog the Bounty Hunter. And this episode could've been so much more if they would've deleted one of the subplots. It seems like much of the humor requires prior knowledge of what is being mocked, rather than the humor deriving from the plot itself.

So we'll see if next week's can turn the run in a new direction. Hell, there's only three left, they're running out of time!
Last edited by Stanley_Marsh109 on Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery...

Thanks to Mr. Hat_DX27 for the sig!
nojo

Postby nojo » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:40 am

Dammit, the problem with good episodes is that there ain't anything to say about them.

But c'mon, kids, Steve Irwin jokes were all over the Internets the day the news broke. Even Norm MacDonald pulled off a wicked run on the Daily Show a few weeks back.
Troll Whisperer
region7cards

Postby region7cards » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:41 am

idk why u all thought it was so funny. THe concept of satan acting like a 16 year old girl is funny but it really didnt play out that well. Besides, hell is only funny when there's sh*tty animation and the real people like hitler and ghandi have their real faces added on and not just drawn on. any epsisode in hell is no longer funny because the animation has gotten so good.

the biggie smalls part was hilarious with butters but that was about it. when butters was singing going back to cali i cracked and whenever he talked to the notorious big but other than that the episode sucked.

i wanted to see saddam or chris but i guess they're finished after Christmas in Canada
Rebecca_Cutswald

Postby Rebecca_Cutswald » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:42 am

I actually laughed out loud at the biggie part... and for the first time ever an SP episode genuinely offended me.

The boys naked on leashes? That made my blood run cold and my stomache turn... Blaaah! It didn't help that I had just read about that actually being done. Good lord... *face palm*

So this is what it feels like to be upset/offended. Once again bleeerg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I enjoyed the irony though.
Kyle Loves Me// Albino.black.sheep is my accountabilabuddy! *tackle hugs*
BatJelly

Postby BatJelly » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:01 am

You JUST found out about priests molesting boys? That's been in the news for over a decade!
Rebecca_Cutswald

Postby Rebecca_Cutswald » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:13 am

BatJelly wrote:You JUST found out about priests molesting boys? That's been in the news for over a decade!

To be more precise... Sex slave trade of boys which has also been around for a long time, but I just read a recent article on it. \

I mean... ew! Molestation is bad enough... but they have a friggen business in it now. Like I said... BLERG! And what the hell? Leashes? The thing is... SP wasn't exagerating with the leashes. O_O;; That's what creeps me out.
Kyle Loves Me// Albino.black.sheep is my accountabilabuddy! *tackle hugs*
Nadine81

Postby Nadine81 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:34 am

I LOVED this one!
Actually I think this episode could have been about 40 minutes long, I felt kind of sad when it was over after 20...

All the storylines have been quite funny- Satan´s behavior was great, the Ferrarri- cake and the murderers made me laugh really hard and the whole Biggie thing was awesome too.

I guess all the good scence have been mentioned so far, so I´m not gonna write down every funny detail again...

Since I always enjoy Butters- centered stories, I especially loved the fact that it was him who dared to call Biggie.
Butters was so sweet- the way he talked... and he even got a chance to dance in the end!
bunnasoo

Postby bunnasoo » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:39 am

Rebecca_Cutswald wrote:I mean... ew! Molestation is bad enough... but they have a friggen business in it now. Like I said... BLERG! And what the hell? Leashes? The thing is... SP wasn't exagerating with the leashes. O_O;; That's what creeps me out.

You mean they didn't pull that leash idea out of their asses, there's really some reality to that? I don't even want to know. Sometimes it's best to leave South Park references vague. Like when I looked up what filthy sanchez and hot carl means.

I've been kind of bothered by things in SP before, but that's when you get put to the test. If they're making fun of something that's sacred to you, do you get pissed and storm off like Isaac Hayes, or try to get beyond your knee-jerk reaction and maybe try to laugh at it? It's the hypocrite test!

I loved this episode! Steve Irwin was HILARIOUS! The too-soonedness was just added spice. I'll bet if Steve Irwin saw that from wherever he is, he's still laughing his ass off over it.
UnkieHerb

Postby UnkieHerb » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:27 am

Ok,what the f**k went wrong with that?

The first plot strand was potentially great: the idea of Satan throwing a costume party is genius. The Steve Irwin joke was great, and so was Satan acting like a little bitch.

The Biggie Small part, however...where to start? First off, it was pointless, with no bearing on the actual plot. It seemed like it was only there to include the boys, which brings me to another gripe: WHERE THE F**K WAS KENNY?

I didn't mind it when Kenny wasn't in Smug Alert or TDBTDAT. That was fine, 'cause they were pretty focused on the relationships between the other boys (SA was about Cartman and Kyle, TDBTDAT was Cartman and Stan).

But this episode was perfect for Kenny. C'mon, it's set in hell! He could've been sent there in the beginning, and taken the place of that advisor guy that Satan had. He could've summoned Biggie Small and been shot, instead of that totally pointless scene with Randy. Hell, he could've just been there with the other boys. Has Kenny sunk so low to be shunned in favour of Jimmy and Token?

The Three Murderers plotline was just nasty. I've never had a problem with anything else ever done on SP, but watching serial killers have sex with people's intestines and pull each other's tongues out...eww.

Also, the Catholic plot strand was even more pointless than Biggie, the ending was too abrupt, and...well, the whole thing just sucked.

Also, where was Saddam? I felt he was more of a shoe-in than Kenny.

That was worse than AMLF. Seriously.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”