*1011: Hell on Earth 2006*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Rebecca_Cutswald

Postby Rebecca_Cutswald » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:33 am

bunnasoo wrote:You mean they didn't pull that leash idea out of their asses, there's really some reality to that? I don't even want to know.

Yeah.... =( This is the first episode I can't sleep after watching. They had a special on TV a while ago about how child prostitutes were put in cages and on leashes.
Earlier today I was shuffling through Fortean Times and found a very old article on the priests and how a nun found out about it. (You don't want know... but I don't think a lot of people understand the brutality of it until you hear about the physical damage.)

Um... so now you can suffer along with me! Yay!

... or try to get beyond your knee-jerk reaction and maybe try to laugh at it? It's the hypocrite test!

Hypocrite test? Nay... I don't work for them, I don't write their stories. I'm not on their pay roll. I'm their audience. And really, I'm one of the few people who isn't screaming "ZOMG HAYES THE TRAITOR!".

I support freedom of speech, and that goes both ways. =P I don't feel religion is "sacred" nope. I don't feel that it's wrong to show things the way they really are. (If that means priests molestering boys... well then so be it.) BUT that doesn't mean I can be reminded of that so blatently and not go "UHG!" and be upset by it.

Knee-jerk yes. Thank GOD! Nature/god/gods gave us "knee jerk reactions" for a reason. =P To try to change that so that I could think of child prostitution without that reaction would be... I dunno some of sort of wrong.
Kyle Loves Me// Albino.black.sheep is my accountabilabuddy! *tackle hugs*
SPF4L#1

Postby SPF4L#1 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:41 am

I was expecting a poor episode, but I actually didn't mind it. I was far more offended by last week's episode, seeing Ike willingly have sex with his teacher. No, this week's episode was pretty decent I thought.

I've never been a fan of Satan/Saddam scenes, so I was very pleased when he didn't show up. The Satan parts were pretty good and the Biggie parts were hilarious. Best moment of the episode for me was when Biggie showed up at Randy's mirror.

The unfunny part was the "three murderers". Knife-scenes were over the top and I thought the whole thing got repetitive after a while. Definitely took up too much time with this.
If you can be bothered...please check out this poll:
http://misterpoll.com/4270026923.html
sunfl0wer

Postby sunfl0wer » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:36 pm

This episode was pretty good. It made me laugh alot. The beginning was funny and I've always liked the charecter of Satan. The Steve Irwin scene... hahaha! I know it's not funny what happened to him, but man... :lol: :oops:

biggie small was a nice little addition, I didn't mind it. Yay for Butters! and yeah... Kenny went AWOL?!

The Three Murderers thing made no sense, so I'll just leave it at that...
[center]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people!"
"Now how about our gay couple, Stan and Kyle?"
[/center]
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:59 pm

The lack of Kenny IS kinda upsetting, really. UnkieHerb is pretty much correct in what he said.

As for all of the plotlines, yeah, I definitely think now that they just had too much content for too little time. If they had been able to fit the ex-lvoer plot in, that would have been five sub-plots all stemming from the big main one, and that's really a lot.

I felt that the most pointless one was the Catholic Priests plot. That just... didn't go anywhere, and was only really funny in the concept. Biggie Smalls was pretty funny, and actually had some bit in the episode. I still think that The Three Murderers was the greatest bit, though. I laughed the hardest during their final scene, that was pretty nasty but god it was funny.

Man, even if they could've just added maybe only ten more minutes on the episode, cut the commercials, it probably would've turned out better. We may have gotten that fifth subplot and the others could have been elaborated on more. Still, I think that they did do pretty well with what they had. This is a really good episode for staring off into the background, what with all of the costumes and all.

I just wish it had more of the boys in it. D: And Kenny, too.
sublime90

Postby sublime90 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:29 pm

even the begining was pretty funny, cartman about to say it and someone opens the dorr he falls down screaming and craps his pants. diddy did it was funny to. it was awesome seeing everyone dressed up in costumes, butt ugly weird guy as captain america lol satan like, ok no one dress up like the crow, every halloween party you go to theres like 14 guys dressed up as the crow because they think it makes them look sexy, dont do it becasue its just lame........then satans dressed as the crow lol. the stever irwin thing was classic. uh satan some guy here is dressed as the croc hunter and its kinda too soon and some of the guests are offended (keep in mind its hell) satans like oh dude not cool he died like 2 weeks ago to soon, hes like no satan its me steve....oh dude no costume you gotta leave lol. the best part was toward the end when satan realizes what hes become...hes like look at me im acting like those 16 year old spoiled girls on mtv.....one of his minions looks at him and says no satan your not that bad! i completely agree....those girls are worse than satan
Nadine81

Postby Nadine81 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:38 pm

I will never understand, why some people miss Kenny so much when he´s not in an episode.

Honestly, I would love to see Butters (or maybe one of the other kids) step in as the fourth kid.
The problem with Kenny is that he can´t do that much for the storyline. There are so many other well elaborated characters in SP that could fill in....
But that´s my personal opinion- I´ve never been able to "connect" to the character Kenny, I never really cared when he died and I guess I wouldn´t care if he was replaced by another kid...

I watched the episode again and I still think it´s awesome- can´t understand the critics here ;).
But I think that they actually would have needed 40 minutes and not only 20 to tell all the plots properly.
I really liked every single storyline (Priests, satan, Biggie)... I could have watched that episode much longer :).
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:19 pm

The Three Murderers bit was the best. It was such a great parody of the Stooges. If you aren\'t familiar with them, then I can understand not really finding it that amusing. Just that classic old slapstick with those three was awesome.

I thought that was a good episode. Sure, it may have been a bit early, but it was still funny. This episode did suffer from too much content in too little time, but almost every episode has that problem these days.
Kevers68

Postby Kevers68 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:39 pm

I only read the last three pages of this thread, (because I didn't want to go through pages of "I can't wait for this episode" crap)so forgive me if it's been brought up,
but did anyone else notice the guy in the Chef outfit? I thought that was pretty funny.
Also, for those of you who are actuallly offended by the Steve Irwin thing, get used to it, I heard that is going to be THE Halloween costume this year. (Matt & Trey must have heard that as well)
atonal_belle

Postby atonal_belle » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:12 pm

Whatever, Steve Irwin was at the party. So what? They didn't make fun of him. He actually looked pretty happy-- little smile on his face, beer in his hand (although poor guy couldn't stay because he didn't have a costume). I hope I get invited to parties when I'm dead!
"How about we sing 'Kyle's Mom is a Stupid Bitch' in d minor?"
Levani

Postby Levani » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:13 pm

this episode was pretty good.definetly better than last 2
djadonis206

Postby djadonis206 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:29 pm

One of my all time favorite episodes - OH MY GOD!!! that sh*t was so funny

Biggie Smalls???? I couldn't stop laughing when Butters and biggie were chatting it up and Biggie was like "We don't have no money in hell nigga" and Butters replied "Damn, n*gger, chill" or something like that - just hearing butters say that was funny

seriously funny sh*t - an Acura Cake <-- I'm still dying about that - it was probably the funniest episode this season

Do they have new writers or something (I know Matt and Trey write all the episodes) but something is different about this season - it has more depth, the jokes are funnier and the one-liners stick, right away!

another awesome show - "they don't have money in hell nigga!"

I kept replaying that part like it was going out of style

peace

a
"...So Long Balls!"
strumpfhose

Postby strumpfhose » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:53 pm

That episode was just BAD. I can't believe I've started to actually call some of the SP episodes bad! There has been some episodes recently that haven't been so hilarious, but the two last ones have been just bad and unfunny. The only thing I laughed at in Teacher Bangs a Boy was the "nice"'s, but at least there was that. In this episode I didn't laugh once. And it wasn't only that I didn't laugh out loud, it was that i didn't even find anything slightly funny. Well, Cartman being stoked about crapping his pants was a bit silly, i had to admit, but other than that.
There were too many side-plots and none of them made any sense, and the main plot didn't make any sense either. Ripping on rich spoiled teens on MTV wasn't quite enough for an idea for an episode.
The three murderers thing was uncomfortable to watch at times. The jokes were just so stupid.
I kinda liked the leash-thing and f*cking the dead guy- parts in a weird way... They weren't funny at all, but at least there was some kind of an edge there.
exaggeration17a

Postby exaggeration17a » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:03 pm

UnkieHerb wrote:That was worse than AMLF. Seriously.

I agree with you about 75%. I don't think it was worse than AMLF, and I didn't mind the Biggie Smalls plotline as much as some of the other content but I still think it was pretty bad.
What confuses me about this episode is how there were so many subplots, yet so many overused jokes. First was the ominous way Satan described perfectly innocent aspects of his party-- funny the first time, but not four times in a row. Second was the Three Murderers scenes-- basically the same skit repeated three times... even the Three Stooges themselves were more original. Third and finally was needlessly summoning Biggie Smalls-- again, funny at first but not when done by Kyle and the other kids, by Randy Marsh or when he was nearly summoned in the men's room at the party.
This episode makes me think that maybe one week is no longer enough time for the writers to come up with a good episode. If the crew had just taken the script, cut away the unfunny crap (Catholic subplot, along with everything I just mentioned) and rewrote the episode, focusing on the couple of subplots with the most potential (Satan and the main cast), it could have been great. What they gave us last night, however, was unfunny and barely cohesive.
I'm still waiting to see if this show recovers from this plague of mediocrity....
"It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face." -www.despair.com
dey_turk_majurb

Postby dey_turk_majurb » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:07 pm

nojo wrote:Dammit, the problem with good episodes is that there ain't anything to say about them.

But c'mon, kids, Steve Irwin jokes were all over the Internets the day the news broke. Even Norm MacDonald pulled off a wicked run on the Daily Show a few weeks back.

Yeah Nojo I'm with you on that! What's with this to soon crap? Oh if they waited 10 years it wouldn't be in Bad taste. Way to Go Matt and Trey for just going with it! I mean do you people really want them to start pulling Punches?Beside you know that some Evil a$$hole Is going to dress up like Steve Irwin at Halloween Party you go too!
Sasa42

Postby Sasa42 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:35 pm

dey_turk_majurb wrote:Beside you know that some Evil a$$hole Is going to dress up like Steve Irwin at Halloween Party you go too!

...the week he died, I was going to a fancy dress party at my friends, and I had been planning as going as a jungle explorer because I have the hat and the khakis and I like pretending I am a jungle explorer because I have the hat and it's fun, anyway... and everyone that day asked if I was Steve Irwin, even my mother was making jokes about how I should just be the Crocodile Hunter and drop the whole "No! Really! I'm just a jungle explorer! It's just a coincidence! I've been planning this costume for weeks! Well actually I just threw it together today, but I've had the idea for weeks! Look at the hat!"
Hello, I'm a British person!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”