*1011: Hell on Earth 2006*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:18 pm

RAppel wrote:Crappiest season 10 EP!

You liked AMLF better?!
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:24 pm

...Meh...

That was my initial reaction after watching this episode last night. I, personally, wasn't crazy about this episode at all. I didn't love it, nor did I dislike it. I just found it to be rather...boring. I suppose that that's the best word to describe my feelings towards this episode.

I dunno, the episode as a whole was mediocre, in my opinion. There were a few good scenes that were mildly funny, but that's about it.

The whole thing about Satan acting like those spoiled, bitchy teenage girls on My Super Sweet Sixteen was slightly funny. There were a few amusing parts in the episode that took place at Satan's party. For example, I thought it was funny that Hitler dressed up as the "Can you hear me now?" guy. I also liked the Steve Irwin reference.

Then there was that whole situation with the Ferrari cake and 'The Three Murderers'. That was somewhat funny as well. I'm guessing that they was parodying some kind of old show, but I'm not sure which show it was making fun of exactly. My guess is The Three Stooges, but then again, I've merely heard of it before, and I've never actually seen it.

The sub plot with the boys and Biggie Smalls wasn't really that great to me either. The fact that Butters had the balls to say his name three times in the mirror bothered me a bit, for some reason. I did, however, like when Butters called him a 'nigga'. That was funny as well.

Overall, I can honestly say that last night's episode didn't have me squealing and fangirling obsessively afterwards, unlike the way the past three episodes made me do so. There really wasn't anything 'special' in this episode. It was alright, I'll give it that. I didn't hate it, but still, it could have been better.

Of course, I'll be sure to watch this one again tonight. Hopefully it'll be somewhat better after seeing it a second time.

I just hope that next week's episode will be up to par with the rest of this season. I'm confident that it will though, considering that season 10 as a whole is outstanding. This episode really didn't live up to the hype the way the other ones have thus far, but then again, every episode is good in its own way.
CartmanMills

Postby CartmanMills » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:36 pm

I... LOVED this episode! The Biggie Smalls thing was such a good thing for me because I've been a fan of the guy and his music for a year or two. Even in death, I still think he's one of the greatest rappers of all time. So seeing him in this and portrayed so over-the-top and gangster was funny as hell. Well done, Trey and Matt, for not including some Tupac joke

"WHAT THE f*ck?! Oh you dead, suckas!" :D

The killing stuff was funny too although killing the random guy at the end was overkill. But what a good episode. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest.
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:49 pm

:D I loved this episode. This might be my favorite episode this season. I loved everything about it.

First off, the main plot line was incredible. I saw that show once for myself (don't ask why :|), and I was absolutely disgusted by it. My friends talk about it sometimes, and they watch it because of how stupid they are, but I refuse to watch it with them because it doesn't make me laugh, it makes me incredibly angry. It was tremendous how they tore it apart. I loved the change in costume. XDD The entrance part and the car were beyond hilarious. Hitler was so good with that. He was good in the rest of the episode, too. XD "Check it out, Hitler's the 'Can you hear me now?' guy."

Butters was great. When he said n*gger (yes, I do believe it was "n*gger" not "nigga") I nearly died laughing. I was pleasantly surprised by that (because of my stance on hypocracy and racism). I have no idea why considering that it is South Park. I expected a much more OMG HOW COULD TEHY? reaction than we have gotten on here, so that's good. His gangst"er" talk is what really got me. I liked the Biggie Smalls thing more than a lot of people. I thought he was hilarious. It really surprised me that he, of all people, was Bloody Mary, and I really liked that.

The whole time the Catholic Church was in it was great. I was hilarious what they did with that in parodying people's reactions when they don't get invited to parties. The boys on the leashes were hilarious, too. I'm a Catholic, and I think the Catholic jokes are great.

The Three Stooges parody wasn't all that funny to me at first, but I liked it as it went along. I've never seen the show, but I still thought it was funny. It tied into the plot nicely at the end, too.

And Steve Irwin...XD I thought that was hilarious. 'Twas in very poor taste, but I couldn't help but laugh at that. It was a bit of a mixed reaction I had, but I laughed at it more than I was offended. That was probably because some of the people I was with were like, "OMG, That's so mean!" I can't say I blame them, though.

Every episode this season has had a lot of material in it like people have said. This is no exception. It doesn't bother me that much, really. It's a hell of a lot better than having not enough material so it doesn't really concern me. They've had a great season thus far. This season would probably be my favorite season once I've seen every episode if AMLF didn't screw up everything.
PM me for my AIM SN. Lurkers are a bitch.
-ErIcCaRtMaN-

Postby -ErIcCaRtMaN- » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:59 pm

i loved this episode, especially the steve irwin part was f*cking funny!
Member of the Cartmans Army! Respect our Authoritah!
Rebecca_Cutswald

Postby Rebecca_Cutswald » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:22 am

Rooster_Costume wrote:."

Butters was great. When he said n*gger (yes, I do believe it was "n*gger" not "nigga") I nearly died laughing. I was pleasantly surprised by that (because of my stance on hypocracy and racism).

Yep yep. XDDD
And all the more better because Butters said it. He has to be the whitest of them all. I guess he figgured that because Biggie was psycho anyway- he really couldn't do anything to make him more crazy.

Anyway, having been called "pinky" "whitey" and "cracker" by a profesional college coach no less... not to mention numerous random ass holes, but having to worry about getting the crap beat out of me if I say so much as "negro" (My dad is from Latin America, that's what they are called down there! It isn't a slur god damn it! It means "black"!) hearing little Butters say "n*gger" made me squeel. I wanted to huggle him so bad.

Once again.. Butters owned everything in this show. Also his "Well I'll be grounded anyway so what the Heck" statement at the end was just--- squee- GO BUTTERS!!!
Kyle Loves Me// Albino.black.sheep is my accountabilabuddy! *tackle hugs*
luxurious

Postby luxurious » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:55 am

Taranis_Music wrote:I, personally loved it. I really like the Biggie Smalls parts. But yeah, I would've liked Kenny to be in that one. When Butters said the word nigga I was like "Holy sh*t!"

Why is everyone making a big deal about this? Yes it was funny, but not shocking and definitely not as funny as when Jimmy said it in Krazy Kripples.
luxurious

Postby luxurious » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:56 am

Rebecca_Cutswald wrote:
Rooster_Costume wrote:."

Butters was great. When he said n*gger (yes, I do believe it was "n*gger" not "nigga") I nearly died laughing. I was pleasantly surprised by that (because of my stance on hypocracy and racism).

Yep yep. XDDD
And all the more better because Butters said it. He has to be the whitest of them all. I guess he figgured that because Biggie was psycho anyway- he really couldn't do anything to make him more crazy.

Anyway, having been called "pinky" "whitey" and "cracker" by a profesional college coach no less... not to mention numerous random ass holes, but having to worry about getting the crap beat out of me if I say so much as "negro" (My dad is from Latin America, that's what they are called down there! It isn't a slur god damn it! It means "black"!) hearing little Butters say "n*gger" made me squeel. I wanted to huggle him so bad.

Once again.. Butters owned everything in this show. Also his "Well I'll be grounded anyway so what the Heck" statement at the end was just--- squee- GO BUTTERS!!!

He said 'n*gga', cracka.
Rebecca_Cutswald

Postby Rebecca_Cutswald » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:01 am

Nope, he said n*gger with an R, I have the episode on my computer. Stop trying to act black whitey, it makes you look sad.
Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:12 am

luxurious wrote:
Taranis_Music wrote:I, personally loved it. I really like the Biggie Smalls parts. But yeah, I would've liked Kenny to be in that one. When Butters said the word nigga I was like "Holy sh*t!"

Why is everyone making a big deal about this? Yes it was funny, but not shocking and definitely not as funny as when Jimmy said it in Krazy Kripples.

It's Butters. That's why.
Rebecca_Cutswald

Postby Rebecca_Cutswald » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:19 am

Because nobody likes Jimmy... well... I do. XD And I thought that was funny at the time too. But I hadn't had an ass-hole racist coach at the time.

My reason anyway.
Total_Beefcake

Postby Total_Beefcake » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:23 am

This has to be my favorite episode of this season. It was hysterical!!!

The Satan having a Sweet 16 thing was hilarious, and Butters' dancing was the best thing I've seen him do on SP in a long time.

Great episode, really.
[center]ImageImage
Jimmy made corn into crack? THEN HELL YES, I CARE![/center]
buttersbutters

Postby buttersbutters » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:52 am

I think this was hilarious!!!! Not as funny as MLNW, but still hilarious. Butters was the highlight.
MCkormick2

Postby MCkormick2 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:55 am

I liked it. Of course, I think Kenny's absence was really upsetting, but, so was his absence in "Douche and Turd" (I thought he'd be the perfect character for the episode, with the whole "vote or die" thing going on). I guess Matt and Trey are just tired of him.

The three murderers were funny, in a bizarre way. Mainly because it reminded me of all those slapstick comedies I hate, and, they all dying in the end was really worth it (I mean, what if one of the real 3 stooges died in a sketch?).

Satan and his new advisor (that wasn't Kevin, was it?) were also funny. I guess when you're familiar with the show, it doesn't really make sense, but, imagine someone who has no idea what the character is like, watching the show for the first time, hearing Satan say he's almost as bad as a teenage american girl. Now, imagine a teenage american girl watching that! (Of course, preppy spoiled teenagers are the same everywhere.)

The Notorious B.I.G. jokes were kind of annoying, because it seems Matt and Trey are doing so much more hip-hop related eyebrow-raisers then some of their early rock jokes. I guess I'm just tired of so much hip-hop everywhere...

I guess the only thing that would offend me is the catholic priests with their boys in leashes. I wasn't offended by that crocodile hunter thing, because, seriously, a guy who spends most of his time showing his contempt for nature wouldn't like people walking on eggshells when the subject is his animal-related death. I'm not american, so the murderers weren't so outrageous to me, unless they recreated the voices/behavior of the real people they were mocking. I didn't even get the joke about Butters saying the "n-word" because I was unaware of the taboo regarding it.
This is not a sig.
Merlockyle

Postby Merlockyle » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:25 am

How many people have tried the "Biggie Small" things in the last twenty-four hours? Guilty. :-)
"You are SO going to Hell when you die!"

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”