*1011: Hell on Earth 2006*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Sasa42

Postby Sasa42 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:13 pm

RAppel wrote:
Taranis_Music wrote:
You liked AMLF better?!

Yeah, no doubt about that. AMLF was a way better EP. Made me laugh.

Well, that's just my opinion.

Yeah, I actually kind of liked AMLF, perhaps more than this one. I mean, I thought it was completely stupid and I'm not really a big fan of Towelie, but Gary and Mingey cracked me up. This episode just seemed kind of boring, not enough depth as usual (probably because of all the sub-plots) and then it just fizzled out at the end. I was just left wanting more but knew it would never come. Plus, I would've loved to have seen Saddam again.
Hello, I'm a British person!
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:21 pm

Darth Grizzla wrote:What were you guys trying to do?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, make people laugh?

Oh no. They showed Steve Irwin. How HORRIBLE. They weren't even truly mocking him (the closest is by having the stingray hanging out of his chest, which is hilarious), they never said anything bad about him at all. They just treated him like a pretty normal guy there. They acknowledged that it was too soon, but pretty much said, "f*ck it, we're doing it anyway." And that's what I like about this. There should never be such a thing as "too soon" in the comedy world. The sooner it is, the funnier it is, usually.

Besides, two months is still quite a bit of time. Trust me I was shocked and kinda saddened when I heard about his death, despite not knowing him or being Australian or anything, but I got over it. And so should others. It's time to move on and come on, it was a big event, of course it's going to be parodied.

And on the grieving family, um, Bindi and her brother shouldn't even be watching South Park, so who's to say that they even know about this? That shouldn't hurt them in any way at all. And I'm sure that Terri has more important things to do than sit around frantically trying to download new South Park episodes. If you're not part of their family, I don't see why you're trying to feel offended for them, feel offended for yourself.

And if you're never going to watch SP again because of one little 20-second clip, good for you. Nobody's gonna miss ya.

On AMLF, honestly I'm getting tired of the constant extreme negative reaction to it. The episode was not as bad as you people keep on making it out to be. Was it of lower quality? Sure. Was it stark-raving absolutely disgustingly awful and horrible so mcuh so that it made your ears blow off just from the grating sound and your eyes implode back into your brain ebcause you just couldn't bear to watch through it anymore, it was THAT disgustingly, nauseatingly horrible? No. For chrissake.
LBius

Postby LBius » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:01 pm

I'm Australian, a South Park fan since day one and I was extremely upset when Steve Irwin passed away. It really did shock the nation.

That said, the episode did nothing to poke fun at him. They didn't use any "ray" jokes that have been posted on the Net and they didn't refer to his death (excluding the ray) at all.

EVERYONE IS OVERREACTING. I have a feeling that the guys respected Mr. Irwin and this is proof.

SBS should air the episode, the sooner the better to prove to the Australian public that the episode isn't trying to cash in on the Steve Irwin's death bandwagon like so many others are.

Australians who believe the crap from news.com.au are even stupider than I think. We're not outraged. We know South Park is South Park and those who like the show will watch it; those who don't like the show will not; those who don't like the show and protest are idiots.

Australians on the board, think logically. They didn't make fun of his death at all - it was a normal scene.

Edit: Props to the guys for the Cannibal reference =]
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:26 pm

I liked this one. I laughed more during this one than the last one, but I don't know if I'd say it was funnier. (A Ferarri Cake? Really? Well, Diddy didn't do it, so scoreboard I guess.) Poor Steve, I mean, couldn't he have just said "I came as myself"? I couldn't figure out who Dianna was supposed to be. At least I think it's Dianna I'm thinking about. I'll have to review the tape.
CrimsonJet

Postby CrimsonJet » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:14 pm

Omfg this was one of the funnies episodes ever and I loved it!

Biggy Smalls...
Biggy Smalls...
Ah! I can't do it, I'm too freaked out!

That whole thing with Dahmer, Bundy and that other dude was like the funniest thing I've ever seen. I laughed my ass off at the whole Steve Irwin part, people are saying it was too much but no they didn't make any jokes about him, it's just situational humor.
Confucios say, "Man who goes to bed with itchy ass wakes up with smelly fingers."
discipleofhankey

Postby discipleofhankey » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:35 pm

It's about time somebody crapped on that
"Super Sweet 'IhaveanIQof 16' " show. Was the point hammered enough that they behave worse than satan? Maybe. I was just distracted by the whole serial killer cake walk. The parents who go to such lengths to appease these unholy b*tches are stooges I get. Serial killers? Well I guess that goes with the whole deserve-to-be-in-hell thing. (I tend to over-analyze, but I enjoy it - so back off)
Also, did anybody else think tha satan's, um, ... assistant (?) looked like Riff Raff from Rocky Horror?
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:50 pm

The Stooges bit was a parody of the old Three Stooges shorts. I doubt they meant it to have any more depth than that. So yes, you are over-analyzing it. :P Doing it with Bundy, Dahmer and Gacy was just ridiculous for the sake of being ridiculous.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:04 pm

Darth Grizzla wrote: :evil: :evil: :evil:
You phukking insensitive prix - shame on matt and trey. I've been a fan for years of SP and their other movies. They've hung crap on so many people who have deserved it but their latest lashing on Steve Irwin (the crocodile hunter, just in case you've been living on Rure Pente) is inexcusable.
Us Aussies take umbridge to you wankers portraying Steve in this way so soon after his tragic death.
I'm never EVER going to watch SP or any other production by you idiots again as a protest and I'm spreading the word down under.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :!:
What were you guys trying to do?

YOU try showing Heaven as a party town!
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
jonmu

Free Speech

Postby jonmu » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:07 pm

I dont care what the aussies are saying its free speech!
Everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This right includes freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority
and regardless of frontiers

Everyone in america has free speech, i know that and i live in the UK, I am not condoning what they are doing but i would fight for the death for their right to do it

Without free speech, think of all the stuff you couldnt say
Naivok

Postby Naivok » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:41 pm

Like Cartoon Wars stated "either it's okay to make fun of everything, or nothing" There is no limit as to what can be poked fun at in my opinion. Just f*cking bugs me when people watch a show and love it but once they see somthing that offends them they make a big f*cking deal about it.

South Park has yet to make fun of acne from what I can remember, and I have a very bad case of it and it is very sensative to me. If they did a episode making fun of people with acne I would laugh along with the rest of the fans!!!!!!

Oh and good Luck with that protest/boycott dude, sounds like it will be really successful!
Darth Chef: Hello there children, how would you like to suck on my chocolate salty balls.

SAC Leader: You mean like a chocolate candy?

Darth Chef: No, I mean my balls!!
Shiek927

Postby Shiek927 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:45 pm

Besides, It's not like they showed Steve in a bad light. Satan DID say it was too soon and asked him too leave.

Another beef I have with this episode is the main characters weren't in costumes. I know they didn't have much a role in this one, but after wearing them for Seasons 1 2 and 3, I was hoping they'd put something on.

At least Butters got too once again(Asspen) show off his nice dance moves.
Through the years we all will be together...if our fates allow...

"Whats your name?"
"What's in a name?"
Kyle and Rebecca.
Binsento

Postby Binsento » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:06 pm

Pretty funny to see people laughing when other (famous) people and religions are made fun of, but whenever it's someone they like personally they suddenly get super pissed.

Bunch of HYPOCRITS !
Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Heh Heh Heh Heh Heh
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:25 pm

I'll have to admit, after watching this episode a second time, I did actually enjoy it a bit more. It really isn't that bad of an episode. There were a few humorous lines and such.

Still, I'd have to say that this episode is my least favorite from the second half of season 10 thus far. It's not that I hated it...I just didn't feel that it met the quality of the previous three episodes.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:46 pm

Hell On Earth is an awesome episode. But it still doesn't top Make Love, Not Warcraft.

I'm glad Butters is still getting some spotlight though. I would have kids if they turned out to be as sweet and adorable as him!
Email notifications do matter, people.
ugogo_uswimswim

Postby ugogo_uswimswim » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:53 pm

OH, OH, I'm not sure if this was already mentioned, but I almost forgot it!!! Cartman almost back-haned Butters! Or at least he acted as if was going to.That was HILARIOUS!!!
Art is what happens when you learn to DREAM!!! -Atlantis Squarepantis

The only good Slash is the one from Guns N' Roses.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”