*1012: Go God Go*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Vampire Tweek

Postby Vampire Tweek » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:02 am

Actually, I have no idea what the SEA OTTERS were a reference to (I'm sure we'll find out; some brianiac will put it on Wikipedia or it'll be in the FAQ).

The Galactica/Gordon reference is what I got from the costuming and especially the hairstyles of the people in the Atheist Battle at the end.

Either way, this is some strange sh*t.

At this point, I say Matt and Trey just go "mini-series" with the whole thing for Season 11 and let Butters take over the world.
southparkfan1986

Postby southparkfan1986 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:04 am

2 Very good points in this episode:
About there will still be fighting even if there was no religion.
Evloution and Intelligent Design aren't mutually exclusive. (Stan: Can't evolution be the answer to How and not Why)

Overall, while it is still a social commentary and there are good messages and appropriate parodies, the show is not like it used to be. This is my favorite show on television, by far, don't get me wrong. But Season 10 overall has had many hollow episodes, where the energy just isn't there anymore. They aren't as rebellious and vicious as they used to be. Maybe its just me. But the Scientology episode, the Katrina episode, the Election/PETA episode, the Nambla episode, these just don't compare to those epic ones.
FJBrooks317

Postby FJBrooks317 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:08 am

Stanley_Marsh109 wrote:It's beginning to get annoying how hard they try to push the edge with taking on all the hot topics and using the graphic scatalogical humor scenes to bring the show to the forefront. I'm sick of South Park always taking on political issues for the sake of doing it.

And IMO it ruins an episode when they bring in something that only some people can understand and relate to. I DON'T CARE if the otters was a reference to something. I don't know shiit about it, so how on earth would I find it funny? The episode was going great right up to the part of the atheist battle and the otters. It's just like, "What the hell are these guys smoking?"

And enough with the fancy animation already. I know they want to show how far the show has "matured" throughout the years with the high-tech animation, but it was the old crappy animation that gave it its charm.

Seriously, the show itself is beginning to lose its charm. IMO this is one of the worst runs ever. They have two whole episodes left, one of them devoted to this train-wreck waiting to happen. I know a lot of you feel differently, but this is the way I feel, as a long-time SP fan.

Episode rating: 4/10

I share your pain. Unfortunately, the days of seasons 4, 5 and 6 are long gone. They were my favorites at least. It seems like that's when the show was at its peak. I still watch every week because there are funny moments, just not funny episodes in their entirety.

I'm also really getting sick of everyone complaining about how "gross" things are on this show. It's not a f*cking family show. Of course they're going to bust out some nasty stuff. The majority of the people that watch this show love that kinda stuff. I about sh*t my pants when they showed Garrison's tits. Things like that remind me of the old South Park that was constantly pushing the limit.
FJBrooks317

Postby FJBrooks317 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:10 am

southparkfan1986 wrote:Overall, while it is still a social commentary and there are good messages and appropriate parodies, the show is not like it used to be. This is my favorite show on television, by far, don't get me wrong. But Season 10 overall has had many hollow episodes, where the energy just isn't there anymore. They aren't as rebellious and vicious as they used to be. Maybe its just me. But the Scientology episode, the Katrina episode, the Election/PETA episode, the Nambla episode, these just don't compare to those epic ones.

The only show I can agree with you on would be NAMBLA. That was one of the best episodes of South Park ever.
PunisherAb

Postby PunisherAb » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:12 am

This episode seems like it an 50/50 one. (50% love it, 50% hate it) But I like it, and I'm not saying it 'cause I'm a nintendo fan (I like sony's stuff too, but not getting a ps3...do damn expensive) I said it because of it was funny to me.

Parts I like are about it: When Cartman was freaking out for the Nintendo Wii and parts where he was Freezing himself was harilious. When Butter forgot about Cartman and then he found out when he was Professor Chaos form with Dougie, then was freaking out over it, was fuuny. I like that we see the boys at the bus stop again...haven't see that since I think season 8 or 9...maybe 7, I don't know. I also like how Mrs. Garrison's explains of evolution of man. It was funny that in the part of how the people where in battle in the future, how they head exploded just from one prick of the ammo, They pop like a balloon. And Finally, I'll was laughing my head off, when the Transition from time changing when cartman was frozen. The Music make it felt like an old intro to an space or time-travel show. (like in the 80's or even 70's)

Parts I didn't like: The Sex Scenes, Ms. Garrisons taking a crap in front of the class and throwing it to prove an point and the Beavers. WTF was up with that?

I can see why people hate this or dislike it, but I do know that all of you will watch part 2 anyways.

Who Knows...it might be an Three parter after all, 'cause of these reason: 1. Nintendo Wii Come out the weekend of the 2.The Hinted that it will be out in three weeks. 3. There only 2 more episodes for Season 10. 4. 'Cause there Lazy :D 5.'Cause I don't think it can fit two episode. 5. Cause if it's a 3 parter, the next on will be about what happens in the future, how in happen in the present, and an side story for butters, and the three one will be something off the wall and special, due to that after that, South Park has officially had 10 season.

But It might not,'cause like I said, they might want to do something special for the last episode of season 10.
Go to http://www.VGBoxArt.com to check out my work! (username:Mr.Buell) Image
Stanley_Marsh109

Postby Stanley_Marsh109 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:16 am

A difference I've noticed is that the boys are rarely all together. They're either one their own or paired up with one other person. Kyle and Kenny didn't even have roles in this episode, IIRC.

South Park, the town is not as involved as it once was. Most episodes' settings are outside of the town, although the school played a major role in tonight's.
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery...

Thanks to Mr. Hat_DX27 for the sig!
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:23 am

I'm going to give it a 5/10. I didn't laugh as much as I did with the other episodes this season (excluding 1009 I was NOT laughing at by the end)

It seems this half season is darker then the past ones (including Season 10 part 1)

More serious while still funny at the same time.

And has anybody noticed Stan's voice seems to be getting deeper?
Stan and Kyle :)
Saul_Cake

Postby Saul_Cake » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:26 am

I have found Season 10 to be very political compared to most seasons as a whole, so that's maybe why the 4 boys arn't always together as usual, instead each character does go on their own to involve themselves somehow in getting Trey and Matts point across.

Personally, this episode had me in stitches. I couldn't stop laughing at the theory of evolution with Mrs Garrison (Perfect bias person to explain it) explaining it.

Mentioning the Nintendo Wii, awesome, well done SP, good to see you guys going towards the Wii for a backstone to Cartmans envolvement!

When it said to be continued I was stoked, can't wait for part 2, I love this episode and it's another "Cartoon Wars" based milestone.

Keep up the good work, you guys are truely the voices for all of us that keep back what must and should be said.
professor_butters1

Postby professor_butters1 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:34 am

crazyQH wrote:Something I liked, we got to see Butters as Professor Chaos and General Disarray! Woot!

OMIGODSTILL RUNNING AROUND THE HOUSE UPSIDE DOWN HAPPY ABOUT THIS.

You know how LONG I've been waiting to see Professor Chaos, let ALONE General Disarray? I missed them so much! And while, personally, I don't think there can EVER be too much Butters, the use of PC and GD was just about perfect. You don't want to have them doing *everything*, just enough.

As for ripping off Futurama, well--I love Futurama, honestly, but both shows seemed to me to be ripping off a bunch of things. Like Douglas Adams. And Woody Allen's old movie *Sleeper.*

Like General Disarray said before, "The Simpsons Already Did It"--and so what, if it's done well?

~~Professor Butters
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:44 am

Vampire Tweek wrote:OMGWTFBBQ.

"BBQ"? Are you hungry?

Well, I can't tell you anything you haven't already heard. Garrison's lesson on Evolution; funny. Garrison's breests; scary. Garrison's breests being motorboated by "big" Dick Dawkins; rofl, mostly because the guys I listen to on the radio are currently obsessed with the motorboat, and the merkin. (it's so odd I know) Cartman being threatened by the otters; giggle. (but how do you know there are clams in the future? And do they believe in god?) Oh, and apparently people in the future wear giant condom-hats? Let's see, what else was there? Oh! The 2 part, 3 part debacle. Well, I suppose they could do 3 parts and have everything set and ready for the end of the season, but didn't they do a 2 parter right before the season finale once before? I guess that's all I've got for now.

EDIT: I almost forgot! Yes, I'm measuring my TrueCold deep freeze, trying to figure out where I'm gonna put 3 pounds of frozen pork, and setting an appliance timer for next week.
Last edited by BRMBug on Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
nojo

Postby nojo » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:45 am

Oh, goodie. Another flatlining two-parter.

It had its moments, but you learn to expect a dud or two each run. What's disappointing is knowing in advance that next week will be more of the same.
Troll Whisperer
UnkieHerb

Postby UnkieHerb » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:46 am

Well, that was a much better episode then last week's. Garrison's explanation of evolution was the funniest thing all season, the EY Games store scenes sums up how I feel about waiting for the Wii and seeing Professor Chaos again was nice (boy, this season really seems to be bringing back old characters, huh? First, Terrance and Phillip, then Tweek and now Professer Chaos), but I really, REALLY didn't need to see Garrison's breasts. The first sex scene was funny, but the second time...ew.
SouthofHeaven

Postby SouthofHeaven » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:49 am

Best episode this season period. Loved it. :D
Who's a jigga wha?
zero18

Postby zero18 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:28 am

ugogo_uswimswim wrote:
South_park300 wrote:
dy/dx wrote:
Gothic_Butters wrote:Another episode that sucked balls. I'm getting tired of South Park. :(

me too. though i will continue to watch it in hopes of a good one.

I think you 2 suck eachother's balls

Oh no, people have different opinions...GOD FORBID someone has a different opinion.

Personally I think you're saying it just to be different. Of course there have been SP episodes that have sucked but seriously, at least explain yourself if you're going to say "it sucked".
makki

Postby makki » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:33 am

You guys keep saying that evolution is proven, can someone please prove this to me. Because I've had a guy proove the existance of God to me. And to be honest i think both parties just believe the proof because you want to believe it.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”