*1012: Go God Go*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

MLZS__DA_SP_FAN

Postby MLZS__DA_SP_FAN » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:54 pm

It would be great if they didn't finish the story and just ignored it, and made a normal episode for next week :D I mean it would be annoying, but hellah funny!
Spielautomaten kostenlos spielen durch meine Homepage!

DieAchse: Hier finden Sie Alles über Roulette online.

Ein Einarmiger Bandit macht immer spaß!
Hier gibt asSpielautomaten Spiele online!
tdewey

Sweet

Postby tdewey » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:00 pm

Sweet, Sweet tears of Scott Tenorman. Possibly best episode this season (depends on how 2nd half goes).

And yes, atheists deserve to be mocked for being as retarded and obnoxious as 9/11 conspiracy theorists.
Soylent Green is People
tdewey

Postby tdewey » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:02 pm

music__elitist wrote:I hate coming to these boards because nobody knows what the hell it is they're talking about. Anyway, there's no God. But this episode was likely entirely inspired by this months issue of Wired. Check it out, they could have written the entire episode based on that article.

This idea for this episode was discussed in Trey & Matt's nightline interview. So no it wasn't inspired by Wired. The interview was on youtube.

music_elitist wrote:It's naive to believe God cannot be disproven in our lifetimes. Science has advanced in ways philosophers never anticipated.

I believe that you are a shining example of precisely why atheists need to be mocked.
Soylent Green is People
ugogo_uswimswim

Postby ugogo_uswimswim » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:15 pm

Big-Will wrote:Oh Science, Science forbid!

Science damnit!

Science-damned sonofabitch!

Okay, I'll admit, that was funny! You made me smile!

Anyways, to whoever said evolution was proven, you have no idea what you are talking about. It's a THEORY. T-H-E-R-O-Y. That means it hasn't been proven. Go read a freaking elementary school science book. Anyway, I'm a Chirstian and I just have trouble beliveing evolution. I believe in adaptation, but not evolution. There might be a SLIGHT chance that god created by evolution, but we'll never know untill the end, will we? :D
Art is what happens when you learn to DREAM!!! -Atlantis Squarepantis

The only good Slash is the one from Guns N' Roses.
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:24 pm

Meh

That episode pretty much fit my expectations. It was not too preachy really, but it just wasn\'t that funny. Mrs. Garrison\'s part were generally gross and fairly pointless. Seriously, that sex scene was way too much, as was the pump next the her head when they were in bed. Cartman\'s bits were not too funny either, just so-so comedy.

Stuff that I actually liked; FSM reference, that was pretty good. Garrison\'s explanation on evolution wasn\'t too bad. If there\'s gotta be Butters, at least it had Professor Chaos in it. Kenny actually appeared and had a line, even if it was a tiny one.

Really it all seemed stretched thin. Too much for one episode, not enough for two. Really this episode didn\'t have much real content, but hopefully the next one will be an improvement. I won\'t get to see next week\'s episode for a while since I\'ll be in PA and the hotel doesn\'t have CC. I\'m fine with that though, I\'m not too enthused to see the conclusion of this one.
Stanley_Marsh109

Postby Stanley_Marsh109 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:51 pm

MLZS__DA_SP_FAN wrote:It would be great if they didn't finish the story and just ignored it, and made a normal episode for next week :D I mean it would be annoying, but hellah funny!

That would be an early Christmas present for me. 8)
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery...

Thanks to Mr. Hat_DX27 for the sig!
makki

Postby makki » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:54 pm

ugogo_uswimswim wrote:Anyways, to whoever said evolution was proven, you have no idea what you are talking about. It's a THEORY. T-H-E-R-O-Y. That means it hasn't been proven. Go read a freaking elementary school science book. Anyway, I'm a Chirstian and I just have trouble beliveing evolution. I believe in adaptation, but not evolution. There might be a SLIGHT chance that god created by evolution, but we'll never know untill the end, will we? :D

Exactly what I was thinking reading this. Darwins books are read as facts, while the Bible Quraan and Torah are regarded as "word of man".

We know that 100% of Darwins books on evolution were written by man, but there is a good chance these holy books were written by God, even if its a 0.01% chance that its written by God. I believe what I believe and respect other people beliefs, but to say boldly that God doesn't exist is just as retarded as saying evolution doesn't exist. None of us where alive when the universe was created so no one really knows what happens, and no one can disproove either creationisum or evoultion.
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:54 pm

kfgg wrote:
music__elitist wrote:
kfgg wrote:Lets just say I'm one who believes ANYTHING is possible.

But I'm a Catholic and stick with God first and formost

And agree with KSWF about the part where world not being more peaceful if religion was abolished.

How primitive. How prescientific. How credulous. How Bush.[/i]

If "How Bush" has anything to do with George W, the answer is no I don't support George W Bush or the Republican party nor do I agree with a large amount of their ideals.

You don't have to be bible thumping right winger to be a believer.

Don't mind this music__elitist assh*le. He's a know-it-all douche who has to show off how much smarter he is than everyone else (or so he thinks he is).

Anyway, while last night's episode wasn't exactly one of my favorites, I wasn't that disappointed. The ending got a little weird, and I was hoping to God they'd make it a cliffhanger rather than come up with some stupid deus ex machina to conclude the episode. Yes, this means we have to continue the plot next week, but I don't mind; Part II might be a lot funnier than Part I. I remember that was the case with Cartoon Wars. (Although I enjoyed both parts of Cartoon Wars.)

Even though I, too, prefer the older episodes of South Park, I'm not going to completely stop watching unless it sinks to the Family Guy level of suck, which is highly unlikely. One or two bad episodes isn't going to hinder the show. In my opinion, however, Season 10 has been the best season since Season 6. There've been many great episodes this run and in the last one. I just hope these last two are good ones. I'm especially hoping for a great season finale.

How ironic... today is the anniversary of Follow That Egg, the episode that made me cry out how this show has jumped the shark and that I'm never watching again. Now look at me, defending the show as I used to. :lol:
MyGod

Postby MyGod » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:10 pm

All I can say is that was bloody strange. Bloody strange...

As for the whole religion thing, I really don't understand why people can't accept the view point of others. You don't have to agree, but you should accept they believe what they believe. Good for them and lets be on our way. The same goes for scientology. I know it's bloody retarded but if it makes them happy, then good for them.

Of course, there becomes a problem when Church isn't separated from state (GWB anyone?) but that's another issue.
This could be the end of the world... of warcraft
angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:38 pm

I've never seen it, but Ms. Garrison having butt-sex with some teacher?! I just thought Ms. Garrison can't have babies because she has a vagina, but no uterus. Oh, and did Butters really kill Cartman, to begin with?! :?:
Im_not_Gay

Postby Im_not_Gay » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:43 pm

I get the feeling from reading a few posts that I'm going to be slated for my opinion, but here it goes...
That was totally cool! There were just so many things right with that episode. I loved seeing Butters as Professor Chaos, and the brilliant General Disaray! Jesus Christ, what happened to Garrison's boobs? I'm sure they weren't that weird looking when he had his sex change, that's totally sick!
Big up to the whole Buck Rogers in the 25th Century thing, I was singing the whole song when that started.

All together now... "Far! Beyond this world I know! Far! Beyond my time!!!..."
markawil

Postby markawil » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:49 pm

horrible episode. The Garrison/Dawkings stuff was too much and not funny. Didn't even finish watching the episode. Cartman's subplot was the only partially humorous part of the episode. All the creators seem to want to do now is make fun of real world people and politics, it's eventually going to become to boring to watch.
onlymeee

Postby onlymeee » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:06 pm

I liked this ep. It's always cute when crab people, robot monkeys, or super-evolved sea-otters show up to save a third act!

Ms Garrison was great again. "Yeah, I'm a monkey! Give this monkey what she wants!" Cartman in crisis is always good.

And though this isn't the first (or the second, or the third) time the desire for a hot new video-game console has been used in SP as the grail for silly adventures, it's familiar, and works consistently.

The time-travel music was sweet, what is it from?

And did anyone notice that they used a recording of a "bong-hit" as a sound effect when they revived cartman? And them made him 'cough" hee-hee!

As far as the evolution debate...heh! I'm sure you care as much about my undereducated opinion as I care about all of yours'. I don't care how much crap you've read to make you think you know what you're talking about. Publish a best-selling book or TV-show if you want people to care what your opinion is.

SP does this all the time - satirizing the absurd lengths people will go to uphold their opinons on 'issues', rather than the issues themselves, and they did just as good a job with this one as with any of the others.

Sure, it's a stand-by formula plot, (just insert 'issue' and let hilarity ensue,) but the fact that it inspires such well-informed forum posts means it still has some value, and it is funny to see people act out the show again in the forums.

So, good, classic-style episode, and two-parter doesn't bother me much.
assscratcher

Postby assscratcher » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:12 pm

im gonna freeze myself..I cant wait for the Wii and the PS3.. see you guys in 3 weeks.
P4ssage

Postby P4ssage » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:13 pm

Awesome episode last night. Loved Cartmans and Miss. Garrisons plot in it. The "Athiest alliance" and the "Athiest league" was classic.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”