*1012: Go God Go*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

MyGod

Postby MyGod » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:18 pm

It really makes me wonder what they are gonna do with part 2. :?
This could be the end of the world... of warcraft
Levani

Postby Levani » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:28 pm

MyGod wrote:It really makes me wonder what they are gonna do with part 2. :?

if they are gonna do it,it will be part 1 and not 2.the question is how will cartman get back?is he going to use travel machine and they will add time travel theory to theory of evolution?or will he come back like kenny?or maybe this is is how it ends and what we are going to see will be part 1,how it started.
Shiek927

Postby Shiek927 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:04 pm

I haven't seen the episode yet, but can anyone tell me if Butters or Kenny gets any GOOD screentime? And by screentime, I mean when they actual get too say something.

I heard they made fun of Atheists, interesting since they said they might do this on Nightline. They still have enough time too make that breastcancer episode they've wanted for a while.
Through the years we all will be together...if our fates allow...

"Whats your name?"
"What's in a name?"
Kyle and Rebecca.
onlymeee

Postby onlymeee » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:07 pm

Shiek927 wrote:I haven't seen the episode yet, but can anyone tell me if Butters or Kenny gets any GOOD screentime?

Not much Kenny, but you get a fair share of Butters / Prof. Chaos. Go watch it! It's gotta be on youtube or somewhere by now.
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:48 pm

Kenny got a small line. He, Stan, and Kyle didn't do much in this episode other than tell Cartman to be patient and stop being a retard. Butters got a substantial role though. There was also a funny scene involving Stan being the class dunce.
Sharpy69

Postby Sharpy69 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:49 pm

am i correct in thinking that there has been a serious bock up on the episode name...part 2

i slightly predicted that there was to be a part 2 but considering it said part 2 kinda gave it away

i bet the difference between the two aithiest league things is slight difference just like how real religions have slight differences and blow each other up

also i rekon the dumb arse aitheist has Ms Garrison as leader and the reasonable one has that bloke

nice to see that sex scene.......

only kinding i'll have nightmares from that
RIDING IN MY CLIO, POPPING MY COLLA
SEE SOME FINE BENCHES I HAFTA HOLLA
italic BOLD AND THE ALMIGHTY galla
I'M SHARPY kraut THE ORGINAL BALLA
BUST OUT MY NINE DO YA FOLLA?

FeCK THE POLICE
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:58 pm

First of all, music__elitist put a sock in it. Your attitude is not going to convince anyone, and is only going to serve to alienate people who might otherwise be sympathetic towards your views on religious extremists. Where did you get the idea that all theists think alike? What makes you think that disproving God's existence has any relevance to evolutionary theory one way or another? Your claim that religious views cannot coexist with science sounds remarkably like what I've heard from many a bible literalist.

Secondly, to whoever thinks that calling evolution a "theory" makes it anything less than factual, remember that a theory by definition is comprised of many facts, and occupies the highest tier of scientific knowledge. The idea that gravity pulls things towards the center of the earth, or that the earth revolves around the sun; both are theories, but that doesn't make them anything less than true. Evolution is in fact a lot like gravity - we know that it happens because we can observe it, however the mechanisms are not 100% understood.

~~~~~~~~

The episode wasn't bad, but like last week's episode I thought it was kind of weak, with too many missed opportunities.

The Good:
* Ms. Garrison's lecture on evolution was just so in-character for her, and was a pretty funny exaggeration of how little creationists know (or care) about evolution.
* Dawkins flirting with Ms. Garrison, while he still had the poop stains on his face and sweater, made me laugh.
* Ms. Garrison hearing about a new idea, taking it way too far, and then seducing Dawkins. You have to wonder how sincere Garrison is, considering that she went from one extreme to the other in a matter of minutes.
* Professor Chaos and General Disarray! We haven't seen PC since episode 801. It looks like he's just using it as a dressup game though, rather than an alter-ego.
* The future is taken over by fundamentalists, who ironically haven't evolved out of their need to kill each other. :D I wasn't sure what the shootout scene was a parody of though, until I read through this topic.

The Bad:
* Yet another episode in which Kenny hardly got any part at all. I think he had like ONE line. Science damn it!
* I did not need to see those bedroom scenes with Garrison and Dawkins. It would have been funnier if it had been more subtle.
* Too much focus on Cartman. Again. Why does every other episode have to be Cartman-centric? The plot involving him seemed like somewhat of a rehash of "Best Friends Forever".
* The ending was more confusing than exciting, really. It doesn't seem like they're putting as much effort into writing good endings for the second half of this season.

Overall:
6/10 because it's a two-parter that didn't set up the second half as well as I thought it could, even though it had its moments.
britneyspears

Postby britneyspears » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:00 pm

Am i the only one who enjoyed it? It wasnt the best SP , nor the worst. The disgusting sex bits were funny , and it didnt get preachy at all , i laughed my ass off when Ms.Garrison shouted "Dont ask me , im a fu*king monkey!!"

and as far as evolution goes.. Its dull. I seriously think we will never find out how it all started and who "created" us , so why believe the most boring version there is? id rather believe in zeus then that we were spawned from some retarded fish-frog-monkeys :D
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:07 pm

Science and discovery aren't about believing what's more interesting; they're about researching and finding out what's true. I'm an English major because I find it interesting and I hate sitting through science lectures, but I'm not going to decry science and all that it can prove/has proven just because it's "boring."
SterileEyes

Postby SterileEyes » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:10 pm

zero18 wrote:
SterileEyes wrote:Ouch. Bad.

I really hope next week ties it all together.

That gets a 4/10 from me, and it only gets 4 because of the poo flinging and raunchy sex scenes. If not for those parts it would be a 1.

Too bad the first dud of the run is a two parter...maybe they'll surprise me next week.

why doesn't anyone explain themselves?

Because it's an opinion. I'm entitled. But since you care enough to ask, which is cool, I'll oblige and take my opinion a bit further (respectfully).

I didn't find it that funny. The parts I found funny were cheap laughs - the poo flinging, the sex scene, and 'this is what evolutionists actually believe' - they are all recycled gross-out jokes that always work on South Park. The rest of the episode I thought appeared rushed and forced.

In my opinion, the poo joke in the Warcraft episode was a 'cheap joke' inserted into an already classic episode so it was kind of extra icing on the cake. This week's episode, the cheap jokes were the only parts I found funny - which makes it a 'weaker' episode in my opinion.

Last week was hilarious - This week, I was disappointed. My sense of humor is different than yours. Not better, not worse, just different. I've liked every epi this season except A Million Little Fibers and this one. Different strokes for different folks. There you go.

By the way, why hasn't anyone pointed out that the last two parter featured manatees, the season 4 two-parter featured a giant lizard like creature, and this two-parter features sea otters?

When making a two parter, always use random animals.

Edit: I feel the need to say again that perhaps the conclusion next week will make me think higher of this episode. I'm just not as excited for next week as I was for the conclusion of Cartoon Wars.
Last edited by SterileEyes on Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
britneyspears

Postby britneyspears » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:12 pm

yeah , im not saying that science isnt important.I just think its nearly impossible to find out what exactly happened , and why . I think people are going over their heads if they think theyll discover the secrets of the universe. Why cant we just have fun and not spoil our lives trying to find out why we are here. I believe we should just try to spend our days doing the things we want to ..
professor_butters1

Postby professor_butters1 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:13 pm

music__elitist wrote:Although one can choose to believe in God as creator reasonably... Catholicism cannot coincide with a belief in evolution.

That ain't what the Vatican has to say on the subject, honey.

~~PB
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:21 pm

At least that's the way it was under the previous pope. He was quoted as saying "Evolution is more than just a theory." I swear, I liked him a lot better than the new guy.

Pope Benedict XVI weighed in on the "controversy" on evolution vs. creationism, saying that he had a problem with evolution because it allows people to become intellectually fulfilled atheists, or words to that effect. First of all there's nothing wrong with being an atheist, if that's what you choose. Secondly the fact that he would equate evolution with an atheistic belief says more about his incapacity to reconcile his views with scientific fact, than about any inherent problems with the theory itself.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10007382/
As you might expect, the ID-ers are praising him for it.
djadonis206

Postby djadonis206 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:24 pm

Another hilarious episode - this is the definately the MOST EPIC SEASON

the funniest - Mr. Garrison and that guy having sex - OMG

Cartmen is hilarious - they paired him up with BUTTERS again in some crazy plot

and it's to be continued!!!

they're pulling out all the stops!!!

Well at least we know who does the voice for General Disarray now :)

RETARDED MONKEYS HAVING BUTT SEX!!!!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

a
"...So Long Balls!"
SPF4L#1

Postby SPF4L#1 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:24 pm

Without getting into debate, I'll say that this was a decent episode. The sex scenes were unnecessary, but otherwise I liked it. Disappointed at having the second two-parter in one season but whatever. I didn't mind this episode so I probably won't mind next week's. Although the best episodes this season are still Tsst, Make Love Not Warcraft, Smug Alert and Cartoon Wars Part I.
If you can be bothered...please check out this poll:
http://misterpoll.com/4270026923.html

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”