MyGod wrote:It really makes me wonder what they are gonna do with part 2.
if they are gonna do it,it will be part 1 and not 2.the question is how will cartman get back?is he going to use travel machine and they will add time travel theory to theory of evolution?or will he come back like kenny?or maybe this is is how it ends and what we are going to see will be part 1,how it started.
I heard they made fun of Atheists, interesting since they said they might do this on Nightline. They still have enough time too make that breastcancer episode they've wanted for a while.
"Whats your name?"
"What's in a name?"
Kyle and Rebecca.
i slightly predicted that there was to be a part 2 but considering it said part 2 kinda gave it away
i bet the difference between the two aithiest league things is slight difference just like how real religions have slight differences and blow each other up
also i rekon the dumb arse aitheist has Ms Garrison as leader and the reasonable one has that bloke
nice to see that sex scene.......
only kinding i'll have nightmares from that
SEE SOME FINE BENCHES I HAFTA HOLLA
italic BOLD AND THE ALMIGHTY galla
I'M SHARPY kraut THE ORGINAL BALLA
BUST OUT MY NINE DO YA FOLLA?
FeCK THE POLICE
Secondly, to whoever thinks that calling evolution a "theory" makes it anything less than factual, remember that a theory by definition is comprised of many facts, and occupies the highest tier of scientific knowledge. The idea that gravity pulls things towards the center of the earth, or that the earth revolves around the sun; both are theories, but that doesn't make them anything less than true. Evolution is in fact a lot like gravity - we know that it happens because we can observe it, however the mechanisms are not 100% understood.
The episode wasn't bad, but like last week's episode I thought it was kind of weak, with too many missed opportunities.
* Ms. Garrison's lecture on evolution was just so in-character for her, and was a pretty funny exaggeration of how little creationists know (or care) about evolution.
* Dawkins flirting with Ms. Garrison, while he still had the poop stains on his face and sweater, made me laugh.
* Ms. Garrison hearing about a new idea, taking it way too far, and then seducing Dawkins. You have to wonder how sincere Garrison is, considering that she went from one extreme to the other in a matter of minutes.
* Professor Chaos and General Disarray! We haven't seen PC since episode 801. It looks like he's just using it as a dressup game though, rather than an alter-ego.
* The future is taken over by fundamentalists, who ironically haven't evolved out of their need to kill each other. I wasn't sure what the shootout scene was a parody of though, until I read through this topic.
* Yet another episode in which Kenny hardly got any part at all. I think he had like ONE line. Science damn it!
* I did not need to see those bedroom scenes with Garrison and Dawkins. It would have been funnier if it had been more subtle.
* Too much focus on Cartman. Again. Why does every other episode have to be Cartman-centric? The plot involving him seemed like somewhat of a rehash of "Best Friends Forever".
* The ending was more confusing than exciting, really. It doesn't seem like they're putting as much effort into writing good endings for the second half of this season.
6/10 because it's a two-parter that didn't set up the second half as well as I thought it could, even though it had its moments.
and as far as evolution goes.. Its dull. I seriously think we will never find out how it all started and who "created" us , so why believe the most boring version there is? id rather believe in zeus then that we were spawned from some retarded fish-frog-monkeys
zero18 wrote:SterileEyes wrote:Ouch. Bad.
I really hope next week ties it all together.
That gets a 4/10 from me, and it only gets 4 because of the poo flinging and raunchy sex scenes. If not for those parts it would be a 1.
Too bad the first dud of the run is a two parter...maybe they'll surprise me next week.
why doesn't anyone explain themselves?
Because it's an opinion. I'm entitled. But since you care enough to ask, which is cool, I'll oblige and take my opinion a bit further (respectfully).
I didn't find it that funny. The parts I found funny were cheap laughs - the poo flinging, the sex scene, and 'this is what evolutionists actually believe' - they are all recycled gross-out jokes that always work on South Park. The rest of the episode I thought appeared rushed and forced.
In my opinion, the poo joke in the Warcraft episode was a 'cheap joke' inserted into an already classic episode so it was kind of extra icing on the cake. This week's episode, the cheap jokes were the only parts I found funny - which makes it a 'weaker' episode in my opinion.
Last week was hilarious - This week, I was disappointed. My sense of humor is different than yours. Not better, not worse, just different. I've liked every epi this season except A Million Little Fibers and this one. Different strokes for different folks. There you go.
By the way, why hasn't anyone pointed out that the last two parter featured manatees, the season 4 two-parter featured a giant lizard like creature, and this two-parter features sea otters?
When making a two parter, always use random animals.
Edit: I feel the need to say again that perhaps the conclusion next week will make me think higher of this episode. I'm just not as excited for next week as I was for the conclusion of Cartoon Wars.
music__elitist wrote:Although one can choose to believe in God as creator reasonably... Catholicism cannot coincide with a belief in evolution.
That ain't what the Vatican has to say on the subject, honey.
Pope Benedict XVI weighed in on the "controversy" on evolution vs. creationism, saying that he had a problem with evolution because it allows people to become intellectually fulfilled atheists, or words to that effect. First of all there's nothing wrong with being an atheist, if that's what you choose. Secondly the fact that he would equate evolution with an atheistic belief says more about his incapacity to reconcile his views with scientific fact, than about any inherent problems with the theory itself.
As you might expect, the ID-ers are praising him for it.
the funniest - Mr. Garrison and that guy having sex - OMG
Cartmen is hilarious - they paired him up with BUTTERS again in some crazy plot
and it's to be continued!!!
they're pulling out all the stops!!!
Well at least we know who does the voice for General Disarray now
RETARDED MONKEYS HAVING BUTT SEX!!!!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests