*1012: Go God Go*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

music__elitist

Postby music__elitist » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:07 am

It's naive to believe God cannot be disproven in our lifetimes. Science has advanced in ways philosophers never anticipated.
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:08 am

While I liked this episode's stance that evolution is proven science and that it does not, in any way, conflict with religion, I also like how it showed that the world would not be a more peaceful place if religion were abolished; the warring factions would just have to use something else as an excuse to fight over territories and whatnot.

In lieu of a proper review, I have carried on debate. I give the episode an 8.5/10. It was pretty good. Garrison's explanation of evolution was the best part.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:08 am

Lets just say I'm one who believes ANYTHING is possible.

But I'm a Catholic and stick with God first and formost

And agree with KSWF about the part where world not being more peaceful if religion was abolished.
Stan and Kyle :)
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:13 am

At the very least, it'd be more peaceful in SOME areas, like Israel or something. No more religion, no more holy land... No more having to force me to learn all about the godforsaken country and make me go there. (That was last year and I'm out of Jew school now, but god damn me if I'm not gonna be bitter about it still.)

Oh yeah, that reminds me, Jew school. We had evolution taught in science class and then we'd be forced to go off to bible class and learn that. Nobody threw a fit, nobody demanded to be excused from the lesson, and pretty much everyone agreed with evolution and most of us continued to retain the Jewish faith. I dunno, maybe Jews are just better than Catholics when it comes to things like this, really I dunno, but it does help prove that both ideas can be taught side-by-side with no problem, and it's fully possible to believe in both.

As for the quality of the episode, I watched it the second time, and I still liked it. More eager for next week now. Yeah. This is looking really, really good.
music__elitist

Postby music__elitist » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:14 am

kfgg wrote:Lets just say I'm one who believes ANYTHING is possible.

And agree with KSWF about the part where world not being more peaceful if religion was abolished.

How primitive. How prescientific. How credulous. How Bush.[/i]
music__elitist

Postby music__elitist » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:20 am

Although one can choose to believe in God as creator reasonably... Catholicism cannot coincide with a belief in evolution.
Rebecca_Cutswald

Postby Rebecca_Cutswald » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:24 am

OH HYELL YES!!!!
My parents aren't catholic, but that is exactly what happened to me! OMG! They're protestant. My mom got soooo pissed about evIlution. OMG YEEEEEEEEEEES and I even remember the "But mom I should learn it..." XO Evolution was a big NO NO with my mom and my homeschool program was creation based.
Matt and Trey R U stalking me? Kay kay kay. XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
This is even better than if they brought Cutswald back. XDDDD

This evolution rawked and Butters and Dougie was cute. The whole thing about the Wii... that was lame and boring though. Seriously. I wish my friends would STFU about the f*cking Wii.
Kyle Loves Me// Albino.black.sheep is my accountabilabuddy! *tackle hugs*
SterileEyes

Postby SterileEyes » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:35 am

Ouch. Bad.

I really hope next week ties it all together.

That gets a 4/10 from me, and it only gets 4 because of the poo flinging and raunchy sex scenes. If not for those parts it would be a 1.

Too bad the first dud of the run is a two parter...maybe they'll surprise me next week.
Vampire Tweek

SEA OTTERS?!

Postby Vampire Tweek » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:38 am

OMGWTFBBQ.

Okay. I guess we can add Flash Gordon and the original Battlestar: Galactica to the list of stuff Matt and Trey have spoofed. Sea Otters. WOW. Frakking sea otters. My brain just exploded.

Also, Butters killed Cartman. I knew the little poofball was truly evil. :chaos:
Stanley_Marsh109

Postby Stanley_Marsh109 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:39 am

Dude... seriously...

What's happening to South Park?
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery...

Thanks to Mr. Hat_DX27 for the sig!
phaze1

Postby phaze1 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:44 am

Stanley_Marsh109 wrote:Dude... seriously...

What's happening to South Park?

I'ts just getting better and better. That's what happening! This was a funny ass episode and can not wait for the second part.
Dey teok aur jaebbsss!!!!
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:45 am

music__elitist wrote:
kfgg wrote:Lets just say I'm one who believes ANYTHING is possible.

How primitive. How prescientific. How credulous. How Bush.[/i]

If "How Bush" has anything to do with George W, the answer is no I don't support George W Bush or the Republican party nor do I agree with a large amount of their ideals.

You don't have to be bible thumping right winger to be a believer.
Last edited by kfgg on Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stan and Kyle :)
gooneh

Postby gooneh » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:45 am

ey relax guy, you need a rest fella
Haruko666

Postby Haruko666 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:54 am

a lot of my friends acted a lot like cartman today when we were discussing the wii. its kinda funny actually.

this episode was completely f*cked up. cant wait to see what happens. oi dont mind 2 parts espically like this one. it didnt feel like that wreer dragging thisn on to make a a two part likei kinda felt like with cartooon wars.

this half od the season has been really good.
JBL Is Unbeatable
Stanley_Marsh109

Postby Stanley_Marsh109 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:57 am

It's beginning to get annoying how hard they try to push the edge with taking on all the hot topics and using the graphic scatalogical humor scenes to bring the show to the forefront. I'm sick of South Park always taking on political issues for the sake of doing it.

And IMO it ruins an episode when they bring in something that only some people can understand and relate to. I DON'T CARE if the otters was a reference to something. I don't know shiit about it, so how on earth would I find it funny? The episode was going great right up to the part of the atheist battle and the otters. It's just like, "What the hell are these guys smoking?"

And enough with the fancy animation already. I know they want to show how far the show has "matured" throughout the years with the high-tech animation, but it was the old crappy animation that gave it its charm.

Seriously, the show itself is beginning to lose its charm. IMO this is one of the worst runs ever. They have two whole episodes left, one of them devoted to this train-wreck waiting to happen. I know a lot of you feel differently, but this is the way I feel, as a long-time SP fan.

Episode rating: 4/10
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery...

Thanks to Mr. Hat_DX27 for the sig!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”