*1012: Go God Go*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

zero18

Postby zero18 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:34 am

SterileEyes wrote:Ouch. Bad.

I really hope next week ties it all together.

That gets a 4/10 from me, and it only gets 4 because of the poo flinging and raunchy sex scenes. If not for those parts it would be a 1.

Too bad the first dud of the run is a two parter...maybe they'll surprise me next week.

why doesn't anyone explain themselves?
kacy__sp

Postby kacy__sp » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:39 am

it was alright. nothing special. it had the same weird quality to it that tsst had (and anyone else notice the similarities between cartman asking his friends for help here and in that episode?)
the garrison/dawkins thing was unnecessarily disgusting though, they could've done without.
I liked Cartman in it though, and Stan was cute. but for once I wish Kyle would've just shut up, he's becoming annoyingly predicable.
overall a weak episode, in terms of plot and humour, but who knows, the next part may tie it all together. I'm giving this one a 6/10.
ImageImageImage
satans angel

Postby satans angel » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:04 am

spore sounds like a pretty crappy game anyway and if it hasn't been released yet how can T&M make fun of it. :lol:
satans angel

Postby satans angel » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:10 am

kacy__sp wrote:it was alright. nothing special. it had the same weird quality to it that tsst had (and anyone else notice the similarities between cartman asking his friends for help here and in that episode?)
the garrison/dawkins thing was unnecessarily disgusting though, they could've done without.
I liked Cartman in it though, and Stan was cute. but for once I wish Kyle would've just shut up, he's becoming annoyingly predicable.
overall a weak episode, in terms of plot and humour, but who knows, the next part may tie it all together. I'm giving this one a 6/10.

I haven't seen it yet cause i dont have comedy central but i'm downloading it asap on limewire but from what i've heard im not xpecting much :roll:
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:13 am

ugogo_uswimswim wrote:
South_park300 wrote:
dy/dx wrote:
Gothic_Butters wrote:Another episode that sucked balls. I'm getting tired of South Park. :(

me too. though i will continue to watch it in hopes of a good one.

I think you 2 suck eachother's balls

Oh no, people have different opinions...GOD FORBID someone has a different opinion.

Oh Science, Science forbid!

Science damnit!

Science-damned sonofabitch!

music__elitist wrote:Although one can choose to believe in God as creator reasonably... Catholicism cannot coincide with a belief in evolution.

Cool. We can tell the Catholic Church to take evolution out of its curricula - the atheists have told them that Catholicism cannot coincide with it. :) And the Church has tried so hard to reconcile with evolution for almost 60 years now... it's a sad day in Catholic intelligence. :cry:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Xtrchessreal

GGGP2 Most Excellent Yet!

Postby Xtrchessreal » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:18 am

WOW....
OMG....
F*cking Brilliant!

Go, God. Go! Part II

This is the best episode of South Park I have ever seen! The attack on the idea of God is beautiful. First with a left jab to the face from evolution - brilliantly laid out from Ms Garrison, I must say. I was laughing so hard I missed some of the next scene with Eric in the freezer. No worries though since I have seen the repeat already. Second, a sneaking punch from Atheist in the Dawkins/Garrison conversation. But, you don't realize the huge impact about to unfold until Eric is in the future. Its a sort of "The Life of Brian" - Monty Python - type of approach only here the discussion is Atheism not religion. No matter to me in any case because the story is unmatched by any other South Park episode.

I loved the "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century", the "AI", the gay butt sex, Garrisons hack job of a pair of tits. And, the best comedic hack of the "Theory" of evolution I have ever seen or heard in my life! You guys are over the top on this one...F*cking Brilliant!

I can't wait for Part I!

wahoo!!!!!!
Last edited by Xtrchessreal on Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seeing the LIGHT depends on which end of the Tunnel you are heading...
Nadine81

Postby Nadine81 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:38 am

kfgg wrote:It seems this half season is darker then the past ones (including Season 10 part 1)

Yes, I realized that too.
Especially this episode had quite a dark atmosphere.

I guess I´ll have to watch it again, until I can say more about it.

I definitely didn´t laugh as much as I laughed the rest of this run. But that´s okay for me as long as they make a good point with the episode.

I really liked the "message" that even without religion people will find something to fight about- if they don´t fight about religion, they fight about atheism.

Two things I didn´t like: the sex scene and the breast- scene. That was kind of senseless...

I think I´ll have to wait for the second part until I finally judge it...

To the discussion that "SP was so much better in season...":

I have been watching this show since season 1 and I think they can keep a very high level.
Watching the first three seasons now, I always ask myself why I thought that it was so funny at that time ;).
Season ten is definitely one of my favorite seasons (along with season 6, 7 and 8 ).
A show has to CHANGE over the years- if it didn´t it would be very boring right now.
It might be true that there are not as many shows with "boys being boys" or shows where they do something together as there were in earlier seasons.
But now there are episodes that are good for other reasons: they have a message, they make a point... and they´re still funny.
The right to offend is far more important than the right not to be offended (Rowan Atkinson)
gwicks

Thoughts.

Postby gwicks » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:42 am

It can sometimes be difficult to tell what matt and trey believe because of the layers of the humor. Lemme 'splain: the scene where Richard uses the "spaghetti monster" argument, mr. garrison immediately converts to atheism. At first you think "Oh, Richard has a point" but then Garrison's melodramatic conversion makes you think "Is Garrison being sarcastic?" No of course not, Ms. Garrison is an idiot. One of the purposes of his character is sometimes to point out the ludicrous nature of the beliefs of extremists (idiots, basically). But the writer IS being sarcastic... while seemingly logical, the spaghetti monster argument (that "well, if you believe God exists because you can't prove He doesn't, then you may as well believe the flying spaghetti monster exists because you can't prove the spaghetti monster also doesn't not exist") is totally stupid because the idea of God is a lot more reasonable than a f*cking flying spaghetti monster, which is just a retarded idea. It's kind of logical, but it's completely unresonable and a childish argument.

I don't really know if this is what they were trying to convey in that scene. But if so, I'm wondering if the resulted moral, which will hopefully be revealed in part two, is that "religion is just whatever belief you devote yourself to, be it creationism, God, science or evolution." That's my guess.

Beliving in anything you can't see for yourself, be it God or science or a combination of the two, requires persevering in your belief despite doubt. Basically, faith. In this sense, evolution could also be described as a religion.

Why do I think that matt and trey are saying evolution is kind of like a religion? Because the way the futuristic people, although completely devoid of religion, still hold onto science and use it in cursing/blessing form ("Science damn you!") seems to me to be a mockery of how human beings always desire the unseen in order to complete themselves. It's like saying "You can get rid of what you call religion but that's not going to solve the problems we have: who are we, what are we doing here, where did we come from" etc.

Those are my thoughts.
I originally watched south park 10 years ago because it reminded me of EarthBound. Sorry, I was 13.

South Park is the only good show on TV.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:45 am

Big-Will wrote:
ugogo_uswimswim wrote:
South_park300 wrote:
dy/dx wrote:
Gothic_Butters wrote:Another episode that sucked balls. I'm getting tired of South Park. :(

me too. though i will continue to watch it in hopes of a good one.

I think you 2 suck eachother's balls

Oh no, people have different opinions...GOD FORBID someone has a different opinion.

Oh Science, Science forbid!

Science damnit!

Science-damned sonofabitch!

That is without a doubt the best point i've heard all day.
(Oh, f*ck! I made a quote mountain. Oh well, kill me.)

Edit: Oh, I almost forgot about the Atheist throwdown. When Eric said "JESUS CHRIST" and the guy basically went "Ha-ha, you believe in a higher being". That got an eye-roll/chuckle from me.
gooneh

Postby gooneh » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:44 am

I found the first half hilarious, but the second half was kinda lame to me...it kinda felt like the part after cartman was frozen was when they started rushing it :P

BUT it is a 2 parter, so we get next week's episode to look forward to.

And yeah, i did see the battlestar galactica reference 8)

You guys reckon another 'just doing kids-stuff' episode is needed for the season finale? We haven't had many of those this season.
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:42 pm

Who Knows...it might be an Three parter after all

Ha, so I'm not the only one who thought this after the episode finished. :B

Really, there's two episodes left, and this has so much to explain. [What happens to Cartman? What happens to Butters? What happens to Mrs. Garrison and the other dude? :P] Plus, the idea of having a 2 parter then finishing off the season with just a single parter seems a bit... dumb. [Unless they have another two parter after this, if this is a two parter.]

Ok, now the episode itself was pretty good... I wasn't expecting much out of it, but I'm expecting something good with the next episode. Mrs. Garrison's explanation of evolution was kind of funny, and from there I could tell that she was gonna basically be a parody of the guys who say dumb sh*t like that. [Believe me, I know people like that who would explain Evolution in a similar fashion. ¬¬] Cartman's pining for the Wii was funny, as was how Liane tried to tell him to be paitent. [And then her catching him in the freezer was just brilliant. XD] Butters was great in this episode, and seeing him as Professor Chaos again made me all 'w00t!-y' and stuff. :P

The best part though for me was when Cartman was actually going through time. I expected it to stop at around 21 days [I know, silly me. XD] but when it went past that I chuckled a bit, knowing he had f*cked up. When it went into years and stuff, I just started laughing my ass off, 'cause it was just brilliant how much Cartman had really messed up. XD I muttered "Holy sh*t..." when it revealed what year it was. [I can't remember now... it was 254-something, I think.]

The giant otters really made me think; "WTF?", but I still got a good laugh out of that. Especially the one blowing the horn. I donno, I guess animals doing human things just kind of tickle me, or something.

All in all, I'll give this an 8.5/10, because it makes me want to know what ill happen next week. Plus, it was pretty funny.

And one last thing... do you think that M&T are using the two different Athiest armies to tell us that no matter what it's over, whether religion or not, there will still be wars? I have a feeling that something like this will happen in the next episode:

"But, none of you are religious, so why are you fighting?"
"... because we want something? Not every war was fought because of religious beliefs you know. Stop blaming every war on religion."

... or something. :S
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:16 pm

kacy__sp wrote:but for once I wish Kyle would've just shut up

He said, what, one line? One and a half lines?

After watching it agian though, I'm furthering my opinion that next week's episode is the maker or breaker of this one. They did call it a part two, and a part two is always dependent on a part one, so... I dunno, but looking back on Cartman's Mom is a Dirty Slut, Do the Handicapped Go to Hell, and Cartoon Wars, the first parts of those episodes can still stan on their own easily. Then again, they don't reach the level of confusion and fuck-uppery that this one does.

But I'll probably end up either loving or hating this episode based on what happens next week, but jesus, I hope this isn't a three parter. I'd rather see a totally incredible and kickass boys-being-boys episode to close off the tenth season.

Oh yeah, and on Futurama: Guess what was on ehre while I was downloading the episode? Space Pilot 3000. Yeah, so my mind did drift to Futurama for a bit of it, but it was hardly enough similarity to it to even be considered parody or rip off. What more drew me to Matt Groening stuff was the two athiest groups at war with each other. That reminded me of the end of The Father, the Son, and the Holy Guest Star (at the end Bart says "It's all Christianity" to the Catholics and Protestants fighting for his faith, then a scene is cut to 1000 years in the future with two different groups, one dressed like Bart and the other Bartman, basically preaching the same message and going to war together over it).

Also, I love the darkness of this whole season. I just wish it was more character-driven than situational, but still. It's good.
MLZS__DA_SP_FAN

Postby MLZS__DA_SP_FAN » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:54 pm

It would be great if they didn't finish the story and just ignored it, and made a normal episode for next week :D I mean it would be annoying, but hellah funny!
Spielautomaten kostenlos spielen durch meine Homepage!

DieAchse: Hier finden Sie Alles über Roulette online.

Ein Einarmiger Bandit macht immer spaß!
Hier gibt asSpielautomaten Spiele online!
tdewey

Sweet

Postby tdewey » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:00 pm

Sweet, Sweet tears of Scott Tenorman. Possibly best episode this season (depends on how 2nd half goes).

And yes, atheists deserve to be mocked for being as retarded and obnoxious as 9/11 conspiracy theorists.
Soylent Green is People
tdewey

Postby tdewey » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:02 pm

music__elitist wrote:I hate coming to these boards because nobody knows what the hell it is they're talking about. Anyway, there's no God. But this episode was likely entirely inspired by this months issue of Wired. Check it out, they could have written the entire episode based on that article.

This idea for this episode was discussed in Trey & Matt's nightline interview. So no it wasn't inspired by Wired. The interview was on youtube.

music_elitist wrote:It's naive to believe God cannot be disproven in our lifetimes. Science has advanced in ways philosophers never anticipated.

I believe that you are a shining example of precisely why atheists need to be mocked.
Soylent Green is People

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”