*1012: Go God Go*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

MyGod

Postby MyGod » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:34 am

iceiwynd wrote:Just a little thought: I know that it's almost a sure thing that Garrison is going to be the one responsible for the all-atheist world, but what if it was someone else? I just think that'd be pretty sweet, is all, like if one of her students really took it to heart.

Of course it's gonna be Garrison, and that's fine... I just think it'd be sweet if it was someone else, throw a bit more of a curveball in there.

And if there's any possibility of seeing some kind of future Stan/Kyle/Kenny in Cartman's world, I'd be so, so happy. Once again, probably not gonna happen, but oh well.

I think that might be the whole point of the cliffhanger. I suspect it may have been Butters.
This could be the end of the world... of warcraft
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:48 am

That's true. I mean, why cut off the head leader guy right before he's about to tell Cartman who it is? The point of doing something like that is to keep the audience in suspense, not Cartman. Nobody cares if Cartman's in suspense about it, even Cartman doesn't really care. So everyone would assume it's Garrison, which would come as a total shocker if it's not. Then again, there's the possibility that they've realized that some people might think like this, and made it Garrison to throw them off, and, uh...

... I want Wednesday. *whine*
abcbcdcdef

Postby abcbcdcdef » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:59 am

This episode isn't really that good overall, but i will wait till the second part airs and see how that covers everything up before giving a score to this episode.

just a thought, would M&T kill off cartman and let butters take his space, you know butters is so over used recently! And I have seen enough of cartman. Oh well, but that's impossible....

I just wish Kenny could ger a bigger role! The only word he said in this episode is "WHAT?". Jeez, I can't take this much longer!

Looking forward to Wednesday!
dey_turk_majurb

Postby dey_turk_majurb » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:11 am

You people can bash this episode as much as you like. That Buck Rogers Opening with Cartman made my Week! I like 2 parters.
myurkus

Postby myurkus » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:21 am

I thought it was obvious that the future evolutionist group is going to send Cartman back to the present time to foil the plan of turning everyone athiest before it happens.
Last edited by myurkus on Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seppdogg

Postby seppdogg » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:58 am

myurkus wrote:I thought it was obvious that the future evolutionist group is going to send Cartman back to the present time to foil Mr Mackie's and his lover's act of turning everyone athiest before it happens.

Well its acutally Ms. Garrison, not Mr. Mackey. :?
"We have been hearing reports the Clyde Donovan has only one testicle!" "Haha... One testicle! HaHa, what an assh*le!!"
seppdogg

Postby seppdogg » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:00 am

Ohhh.... and wat the f*ck is the title of the episode... starting to piss me off now! LoL!!! :x
"We have been hearing reports the Clyde Donovan has only one testicle!" "Haha... One testicle! HaHa, what an assh*le!!"
myurkus

Postby myurkus » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:06 am

Eck sheesh I feel bad for that mistake. Boy, and I've seen every episode several times! Oh well, I'm not going to cheat and edit it.
I R Smart

Postby I R Smart » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:13 am

ryan_mn1 wrote:
Scientists are not implying anything, they are just saying what happened. After that it is an individual's job to decided what that means.

Umm, no?
I mean, the first part is true. They are just saying what happend without bias. At least thats what theyre suppose to do.
But to say that its up to individuals to decide what that means is just wrong. Im sorry but scientific facts are not the bible and cannot be interpreted in many different ways. Facts are facts. You can either accept them or ignore them. Not manipulate them in any way you see fit.

Nothing personal dude. I just had to comment about that.

Now to the new episode. Personally I liked it. It wasnt as funny as the rest of the episodes this season but that didnt stop it from being a good episode. It presents Matt & Trey's view of things. (like all episodes) I cant wait to see the next episode! I cant wait! Five days are just too much! Im going to freeze myself until the episode comes out. Someone unfreeze me when it does. Just dont forget where I am! At home.
"Remember Kids, Fighting On The Internet Is Just Like Competing In The Special Olympics. Even If You Win, You're Still a Retard.

"Never Underestimate The Power Of Very Stupid People In Large Groups"

"Rehab Is For Quitters!"
Xtrchessreal

Postby Xtrchessreal » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:00 am

Wasn't there three different Atheist organizations shown?

The Atheist Alliance, The Atheists League, and the Atheists Allegiance...

There was the people that saved Eric then those that fought to steal him and then the third (the Otters) that were childishly taunted into a new war.

Similar to Monty Python in The Life of Brian with the Judeans Christian Front the Christians Front of Judea and The First Christians Front of Judea. Err, something like that.

I loved this ep. Ms Garrisons hack explanation of the Theory of evolution was brilliant. The big finish to her rapture was as good as it gets.

"So, there you go. You are all retarded offspring of five monkeys having butt sex with a fish-squirl!"

I mean really, how can you argu with that?!

BTW what is happening to Eric is not a subplot. Sure he only wants a Wii but he is pulled into the biggest plot South Park has ever seen.

So, God gets blasted from evolutionists now and then gets blasted by Atheists in the future. No room for God hence the title. As in Go away, God. Go! Get out of here!

I love it.
Seeing the LIGHT depends on which end of the Tunnel you are heading...
Spacefille

Postby Spacefille » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:16 am

This episode was... not so good. I didn't like it very much, it reminds me of why I dislike most of the first couple seasons... random crap and characters that are wildly all over the place. But I degress, that has been said several times already I'm sure.

One of the things that got me about this episode was the voice work. Now I'm used to Matt's characters, Butters and Kyle, slipping back and forth from time to time and sounding like each other, especially when Kyle is stressed over something. But Trey's characters were all over the place too. I'm used to Trey having a bit more control over his characters than that. Stan was Stan... and Cartman slipped into Stan's voice momentarily as well at one point... Dougie was Stan too.

I mean come on dude, you can take more than one take you know...

Then I remembered that they get most of their work down the day before the episode aired, and realized it was probably 4 AM and he was exhausted.

My roommate kept on saying "Crab people, crab people" near the end of this episode, which is a polite way of saying "They had no f*cking idea what to do with this episode and decided to do random crazy sh*t instead".

We'll see how the second part goes.

One cool thing about the episode... I never realized how a like Cartman and Mr. Garrison's personalities are until now. Both are wildly self centered and only care about themselves. Interesting that...
makki

Postby makki » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:55 am

Has anyone else noticed that the Unified Athiest League are all guys and there hats look like dicks. This might be because it was started by Garrison and so they have to be athiest and gay.

While the United Athiest Alliance have both men and women, and no gay dick hats.
franksargent

Holy Crank Smoker?

Postby franksargent » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:13 pm

Given Richard "Dick" Dawkins and the Ted Haggard thing, given that the pastor appears in Dick's "The Root of All Evil?", given that the pastor is based in Colorado, given that Dick and Ms. Mackey are intimate, given that this is part 1 of an episode dealing with evolution, et. al., and given that each episode is virtually written at the last minute, makes you wonder who might appear in next week's episode, yes?
x-dude

Postby x-dude » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:39 pm

First time poster over here.

I must say that the latest episode was so freakin funny, the Cartman frozen bit with the Buck Rogers theme dropped me on the floor!!

Keep up the good work!!!!!!!
Mrsuezo

Postby Mrsuezo » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:34 pm

I'm really fed up with the excessive use of disgusting scenarios in South Park. Maybe I'm weird but I don't see the humor in watch an aged transvestite have sex or watching it take a sh*t and throw it at someone. I honestly started gagging after that sex scene. It completely ruined the entire episode for me, and i'm not too keen on seeing the second half for fear of throwing up with disgust. I don't mind when the creators occassionally use disturbing scenes, because they make the show; I don't. However, I just feel like South Park has reached a new low in this category.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”